PSA not shipping ARs if cook,Aurora,HP resident?

BeardswithoutOperators

So I ordered my first ar receiver via palmetto state armory to my FFL in Naperville, but I received an email stating:

"As of September 14, 2015, we no longer ship AR/AK style firearms (regardless of caliber) to Cook County Residents. This includes Aurora and Highland Park. If the billing address on your order is a Cook County address, your order will be cancelled in 5 business days if not resolved beforehand.

If you are NOT a resident of Cook County, please contact us for further assistance"

My billing address is in Aurora, but this shouldn't be an issue as long as the rifle isn't in Aurora right?

I had the same problem trying to order a for-grip from Cheaper Than Dirt. They would not ship it to me because "I live to close to Chicago". I will never give them my Business for that reason. To top it all off I found out they were one of the company that price gouged after the Sandy Hook incident. Selling 30 round Pmags for something like $100.

I had the same problem trying to order a for-grip from Cheaper Than Dirt. They would not ship it to me because "I live to close to Chicago". I will never give them my Business for that reason. To top it all off I found out they were one of the company that price gouged after the Sandy Hook incident. Selling 30 round Pmags for something like $100.

That's another one. They won't ship anything and they price gouged so no money from me.

Botach is another one of the crappy vendors, but only because they're a crappy vendor lol. I won't order from them based on the horrible reviews I've read online, including on here. One might even be able to find a thread on this vendor by doing a quick search lol.

Grr, I've tried emailing PSA twice and calling them on a number of times to get through to them and cancel my order. No reply yet, and the first time I called, I waited 10 minutes before hanging up, the second time I called, it said I was calling a vacant extension. This is absurd.

Buds guns does the same thing. I live in Lake County, in a shared zip code that also covers some of Crook county and Buds refused to ship. So I will NEVER buy from them again for the rest of my life. I did order the gun I wanted from grabagun and it was $75 cheaper! And they shipped it to my local FFL no problem. Quick, easy! My new go-to shop.

You guys think that's bad? I have to fight to get Sig mags with a normal capacity. I found two places that have them for less that $40 each but I don't know if they'll ship to me yet.

I don't know what model you have but try Lanbo's Armory: https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&sort=20a&filter_id=39&caliber=&alpha_filter_id=0

I've bought several standard capacity mags from them, and I live in Chicago.

You guys think that's bad? I have to fight to get Sig mags with a normal capacity. I found two places that have them for less that $40 each but I don't know if they'll ship to me yet.

I don't know what model you have but try Lanbo's Armory: https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&sort=20a&filter_id=39&caliber=&alpha_filter_id=0

I've bought several standard capacity mags from them, and I live in Chicago.

P226 9mm mags. Found some places that have them for $20 and cheap shipping but getting them to ship to me is a hassle. One place will not ship anything over 10 rounds to anywhere in Cook County.

So I ordered my first ar receiver via palmetto state armory to my FFL in Naperville, but I received an email stating:

"As of September 14, 2015, we no longer ship AR/AK style firearms (regardless of caliber) to Cook County Residents. This includes Aurora and Highland Park. If the billing address on your order is a Cook County address, your order will be cancelled in 5 business days if not resolved beforehand.

If you are NOT a resident of Cook County, please contact us for further assistance"

My billing address is in Aurora, but this shouldn't be an issue as long as the rifle isn't in Aurora right?

This:http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58268&hl=

They won't sell us ammo either, I sent them this email but never got a response.

Mr. McCallum,
As a former customer I am writing this email to you to explain why I am a former customer, because I believe I am not the only "former customers" that feels the way I do.

As I read your "About us" you claim to have a passion and a love for firearms and were disapointed in the lack of a customer friendy company where enthusiast can get

the supplies to enjoy their passion.

I have to say I do find your decision to not sell to certain items to certain geographical areas appalling. I can understand when there are laws in effect banning certain items,

but to choose not to be bothered to sell an item because of ignorance bothers me. It bothers me that as a Veteran you started a very thriving business and yet rather than standing up and

fighting against these STUPID patchwork of unconstitutional anti-gun laws, you feed the beast by choosing not to fight againt your own right to commerce and to whom, what and where you can

sell these otherwise LEGAL commodities.

The latest incedent is, I ordered some ammo from you and in the past no problem, good price, somewhat slow shipping but no big deal and now you decide you no long wish to sell

to me because I live in Illinois and happen to live in a city that happens to be in "Crook County".

NOW there are no laws preventing you from shipping ammo or Ar parts to me so why would you want to alienate customers by choosing the path of least resistance?

As a former Soldier you should know better, where would we be if our founders took the same expidient route? There is alot more than meets the eye when you chose to who

you will do business with. I hope that you have been misinformed by some dirtbag mouth breathing lawyer and this is NOT your own doing, but I hope you will

reconsider and by doing so will stand with law abiding gun owners and "enthusiast" and against Freedom loathing anti-gun political types.

Just my thought.

Have you tried Mec Gar mags? They'll probably be easier to acquire than OEM magazines. Plus they are half the price!

Yeah, these are Mec Gar mags I've found for $20. The dealer is being overly cautious but he said if he can get clarification from a lawyer that it's legal to ship the mags he's more than willing to start selling to cook county residents. He said he hopes to have an answer on Monday. I told him I'd wait until Monday to order, to give him a fair shake. I hope on Monday I have a nice story to relate here and some new mags :) If everything shakes out I'm more than willing to give the vendor name here.

So I keep playing email and phone tag with them to undo my order or try to reason with them and it's taken nearly a week and nothing has been processed. I just got this today even though I keep trying to talk to the compliance department:

"Hello,

This order will not ship, as your billing address is in Cook County. We will move to cancel at your request.

Best regards"

I sent them my address again and told them I was not a resident of Cook but rather Dupage county but Compliance says they don't ship to Aurora residents. I love PSA's deals and such and would hate to be a hypocrite and support them, but I can't help but feel p***** about their shipping policies and poor customer service.

So I keep playing email and phone tag with them to undo my order or try to reason with them and it's taken nearly a week and nothing has been processed. I just got this today even though I keep trying to talk to the compliance department:

"Hello,

This order will not ship, as your billing address is in Cook County. We will move to cancel at your request.

Best regards"

I sent them my address again and told them I was not a resident of Cook but rather Dupage county but Compliance says they don't ship to Aurora residents. I love PSA's deals and such and would hate to be a hypocrite and support them, but I can't help but feel p***** about their shipping policies and poor customer service.

It's one of those situations where lawyers need to be involved either on your part or theirs. Like most places they don't want to deal with the hassle. Either they've already decided they wouldn't make enough from Chicago or Cook county sales for it to matter or they just don't care.

So I finally got in contact with PSA customer service after waiting an hour on the hold line - however, there is a silver lining.

I talked to an Allen and he cleared everything for me as I told him I lived in Dupage county where they for some reason had me listed in Cook (I guess everyone who lives in Illiniois must be in Chicago!). He went and checked it out and cleared the mistaken address for the correct one. I am a bit worried because it sounded like he listed a different address really quick but when I asked him if it's still going to the same FFL address he said yes.

So my faith is a bit restored in PSA, but I am not too pleased with them. I will give other companies a good hard look at before considering PSA again.

Archived