Bridgestone - Firestone posted. Need help.

2AFOREVER

Firestone on Bloomingdale road in Glendale Heights ((home of the dan-dee-lion ) I live here so I can make fun of it) took their signs down.

I was there this weekend with the two rear tires off my wifes car. Both had rim leaks. One would lose 10 psi or so every 4 days.

They have tint on their windows. You could tell where the signs were.

I asked the guy I was dealing with.. Steve.. Very nice guy. He is scheduled to take the ccl classes.

Anyway... I asked about the signs.. He stated that they got an e-mail from corporate telling them to take the signs down "immediately".

I don't know if it had anything to do with it but a few weeks ago, I sent my sister-in-law a link to this thread. She is some kind of big-wig with FS. She is not Anti, but doesn't seem to care too much for guns. We never talked about anything after the e-mail with a link to this thread but I'm sure she passed it on.

• 6 months later...

Went to my Firestone in Moline last Saturday. No gun signs at both entrances. Sent Firestone an email stating my intent to take my business elsewhere. I have been a longtime customer and told them to check my account to see how much thay would lose if I went elsewhere.

To date I have not recieved a response. Well on a whim this a.m. I drove by and...............................

THE SIGNS are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The store that mentioned the flammable materials and explosion risks from AD's must really be worried now that the signs are supposed to come down! They should poll how many of their stores are posted in carry-friendly states and how many explosions they've had from legal CCW.

Same for all the other national chains that claim corporate policy as the reason for posting. They should talk to their stores in free states instead of corporate. Very few places are posted in my area (KC) even the ones with a corporate policy that they should. And only a small fraction of those are posted correctly. Basically, govt buildings, libraries and banks--when posted--are the only ones that post(ed) correctly. But since the signs have no force of law here (in KS)...

I agree with another poster above from out of state--keep up the good work with the businesses and try to improve the law over time.

The Firestone on Elston just north of Addison in Chicago was posted, I noticed it because I go to the Pet Supplies Plus store they share a parking lot with. However, today I went to the PSP and noticed that the Firestone no longer had the GFZ sign up!

So, Firestone on Elston in Chicago is no longer posted. :)

Archived