Photo

For the renewal, do you need to specify home addresses for past 10 years?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:55 AM

I saw someone on FB say they were denied because they provided the wrong dates from their application. This has made me worried as I cannot for the life of me remember the exact dates I provided 5 years ago...

Any thoughts?

#2 Hatchet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:06 PM

I think my auto populated from the original application. I think. Its been 6 months since i renewed.

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#3 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

I think my auto populated from the original application. I think. Its been 6 months since i renewed.

Thank goodness. I was like... how am I suppose to remember all of that. 

#4 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:11 PM

If my permit expires in November 27th, is it too late to renew? It isn't exactly clear but I figure I will have a few months I won't be able to carry?

#5 InterestedBystander

• 7,340 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:12 PM

Same here. I dont remember it asking or me entering anything.
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#6 InterestedBystander

• 7,340 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:14 PM

If my permit expires in November 27th, is it too late to renew? It isn't exactly clear but I figure I will have a few months I won't be able to carry?

Why? As long as you submit renewal before the expiration date on the card, it stays active while ISP is processing (or rather letting it sit for 130 days)
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#7 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:25 PM

Why? As long as you submit renewal before the expiration date on the card, it stays active while ISP is processing (or rather letting it sit for 130 days)

Ah, I didn't realize it was still active... well class next Tuesday. :)

THANKS ALL. Had a bit of a whoops moment when I looked at my card. 

#8 domin8

Banned!

• Members
  • 7,299 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

If I could've obtained a permit, and then up for renewal, do you think I would've been red flagged for listing the same address twice during 2 different periods? My current address is the same as it was 8-10 years ago. I'm only asking because somebody else might run into this situation. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm either banned, going to be banned, or just returned from being banned. The truth hurts.

#9 Quiet Observer

• 1,679 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:11 PM

If I could've obtained a permit, and then up for renewal, do you think I would've been red flagged for listing the same address twice during 2 different periods? My current address is the same as it was 8-10 years ago. I'm only asking because somebody else might run into this situation. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Can you be clearer?  It sounds like all hypotheticals.  "If" is a significant word.

Did you at some time receive a permit?  If you did, did you later apply for a renewal?  

I and, I would assume, most of us who have renewed had the same address when we submitted for our original FCCL about 5 years ago and at recent renewal.

#10 InterestedBystander

• 7,340 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:30 PM

I dont think he was eligible being military but I could have him confused with another. Sounds like he is asking about living somewhere, moving, and at a later time moving back to a previous address. Doesnt seem suspicious to me and see no reason for that to trigger anything.
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users