Photo

On a happy note.....

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Felixd

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:20 AM

It was a pleasure to see that Dicks has closed its store in Yorkville. In our world, rife with turmoil and apprehension, it brings one a modicum of joy to witness the collapse of your enemy. Especially when the collapse came from the collective work and determination of fellow fraternity members. Thank all of you for your continued boycott of this quisling company. My prayer is that the entire organization follows in this stores demise. Amen.

#2 wolfcreek

• Supporting Members Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

Was in Tucson Arizona recently. "Dicks sporting goods" closed in oro valley.Was a huge store.

#3 BobPistol

• Members
  • 9,102 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:20 AM

There's a Dick's in Tempe, AZ which may be doing a death march. 

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#4 TomKoz

• 4,307 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:17 AM

Dicks out ??

Good, they suck.

Thats a happy ending.

Edited by TomKoz, 28 April 2019 - 10:20 AM.

Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#5 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:48 AM

Dicks out ??

Good, they suck.

Thats a happy ending.

tenor.gif

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#6 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:54 AM

The only sad part about Dick's going down the tubes is the fact that a lot of people will be losing jobs.....

Not the upper management types, but the clerks on the floor, cashiers and people in the supply chain that keep stores stocked.

Hopefully, some bright eye'd future-scanning retail corporate go-getter will see an opening in a market, and push for expansion in areas that Dick's were dicks. 

#7 357

• 1,645 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:11 PM

It's a warning of what will happen to other companies if they do what Dick's did.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#8 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

Burn in heck Dicks!

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Licensed to carry since 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#9 biggun 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:25 PM

well they sure proved their point,we won,t sell ar type guns,and it appears they won,t sell anything else anymore.seems like a smart business practice,lol.

#10 Longrange454

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:38 AM

Levi Strauss should be next. Never owned a pair and now i never will.

#11 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:33 AM

I've been seeing a lot of Dicks ads on TV lately.  I wonder if it's one last push to get customers?

#12 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:44 AM

As a former Yorkvillian I am saddened for the neighbors who were employed there.  I'm not sure if this is a sign of the town or the company of Dicks.

Either way Dicks can eat a fat one.

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#13 springfield shooter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:06 AM

Levi Strauss should be next. Never owned a pair and now i never will.

Over-priced anyway.

"I can't spare this man. He fights."  Abraham Lincoln

#14 GeekDad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:36 AM

Anyone know if the Geneva store is hurting? I stopped going there last year so no idea.

NRA, ISRA, SAF, GOA, GSL, FPC

#15 Felixd

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:46 PM

As a former Yorkvillian I am saddened for the neighbors who were employed there.  I'm not sure if this is a sign of the town or the company of Dicks.

I really get the impression that Yorkville is economically vibrant.  Light industry and small businesses are evident and housing has really increased since the recovery started. If Metra ever opens a station there the town will really grow fast. 

#16 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:18 AM

I really get the impression that Yorkville is economically vibrant.  Light industry and small businesses are evident and housing has really increased since the recovery started. If Metra ever opens a station there the town will really grow fast. 

A train station would be huuuuuge.  

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#17 brianj - now in Kansas

Political refugee from the People's Republic of IL

• Members
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

I don't remember seeing them in the greater Chicagoland area back in my Illinois days, but there's an Academy less than 5 miles from my new home.  They have rifles in all colors, handguns, a good supply of ammunition (even if their prices are a little on the high side of average), and they carry a goodly amount of basic reloading supplies.  If they were to take over all of the Dicks' and restore some sanity, that would be a good thing for all involved, I think.

Haven't seen a need to step foot in the Dick's that is a half mile from them.  If it's something Academy can't get for me, I'll find it in Wally World or on the interwebz.

Bri

Edited by brianj - now in Kansas, 30 April 2019 - 11:15 AM.

"Your father's 1911..  Not as random or clumsy as a Glock.  A more elegant weapon for a more civilized age." -- Obi Wan Kenobi

#18 Hatchet

• 2,961 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:54 PM

Would like to see bass pro/cabelas buy them out and turn their stores into outlet stores since they tend to be smaller than their normal size.

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#19 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:35 AM

The only sad part about Dick's going down the tubes is the fact that a lot of people will be losing jobs.....

Not the upper management types, but the clerks on the floor, cashiers and people in the supply chain that keep stores stocked.

I concur. It's sad that the Indians always suffer for the bad decisions of the chiefs. In today's job market, I imagine all of them will be gainfully employed somewhere else very soon. Personally, if I was working for a company that held policies and positions I disagree with and that I perceived to be bad for business, I'd look for a new job before they shuttered the doors.

#20 vito

• Members
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:21 AM

The Dick's in Rockford seems as busy as ever. I don't go in but I frequent the supermarket close to it, as well as a pet supply store, and I haven't noticed anything obvious at this Dick's. 

Retired U.S. Army and Veteran of the Vietnam conflict

NRA Life Member

Fully retired!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users