Illinois General Assembly 4/13/2011

mauserme

Nope, don't think so. 2007 - present of 8th District.

Cam

EDIT: HB94 deals with re-redistricting. I think since it deals with pre-incarceration addresses will help in Ford's district and other chicago districts where criminals currently live in a pre-incarceration state. Thus will help re-districting of high areas where criminals may come from.

$0.02

Seriously how can idiots of the 8th District keep electing Rep Ford...as much disrespect I just saw from him in those last 5-10 mins...

Cam

House adjourned until Thursday 4/14/2011 at 11:00am.

I really like Roger Eddy.

on a side note, I really do not get this HB 94 of Fords

I didn't catch all of the debate but my guess is HB94 is all about money. I think he's wanting convicted and incarcerated Cook County residents counted in the district of their arrest. Keep in mind there's a federal and state redistricting coming up and the census numbers are used to determine federal grant money for numerous services. It doesn't have anything to do with fairness or rights.

I really like Roger Eddy.

on a side note, I really do not get this HB 94 of Fords

I didn't catch all of the debate but my guess is HB94 is all about money. I think he's wanting convicted and incarcerated Cook County residents counted in the district of their arrest. Keep in mind there's a federal and state redistricting coming up and the census numbers are used to determine federal grant money for numerous services. It doesn't have anything to do with fairness or rights.

Exactly how I see it too. Plus a couple other reasons. (post #124).

Cam

Seriously how can idiots of the 8th District keep electing Rep Ford...as much disrespect I just saw from him in those last 5-10 mins...

Ford is my rep, and has run unopposed every year. :Crying. =-(: I was furious this year when the machine wouldn't let me NOT vote for him. I'd rather leave it blank than give him a vote.

He has NEVER... EVER... returned my calls, letters, or emails (about firearms as well as other bills). I'm convinced he's Madigan's lapdog, a hollow shell of a "representative".

Ford is my rep, and has run unopposed every year. :rolleyes: I was furious this year when the machine wouldn't let me NOT vote for him. I'd rather leave it blank than give him a vote.

He has NEVER... EVER... returned my calls, letters, or emails (about firearms as well as other bills). I'm convinced he's Madigan's lapdog, a hollow shell of a "representative".

what do you mean, you couldnt just leave it blank?

Ford is my rep, and has run unopposed every year. :rolleyes: I was furious this year when the machine wouldn't let me NOT vote for him. I'd rather leave it blank than give him a vote.

what do you mean, you couldnt just leave it blank?

or write in an candidate?

Ford is my rep, and has run unopposed every year. sad.gif I was furious this year when the machine wouldn't let me NOT vote for him. I'd rather leave it blank than give him a vote.

Are you speaking of the voting machine itself, or the political machine of Chicago/Cook?? If the voting machine forced you to choose a candidate for a any particular race before you could move down the ballot or cast your vote, then the machine was faulty and should have been reported. You should be able to register with the election judges and then not mark even one candidate if that is your choice. If, in fact, the machine did keep you from leaving a race blank, and forced you to vote for the only candidate in that race, I'd still report it to the county clerk, and ask for a follow up on it. Then be ready to file a complaing next election if it happens again.

JMHO.

AB

I didn't mean to label you in the term of "idiots," we can all guess who I am referring to. The ones who constantly vote for the same "chicago machine" candidates with no idea of actually what they are voting for.

Just wanted to make sure you caught my intent of that post and/or clarify it.

Cam

He has NEVER... EVER... returned my calls, letters, or emails (about firearms as well as other bills).

I honestly can't imagine being treated like that by an elected official. I have traded e-mails with my rep while he was at his desk, on the floor, with debate going on!! Just happened again earlier this week!!

And you can't even get a form letter back from one of your guy's staffers!! If one had the time, I'd be tempted to camp in his office next week, while he's on break until you at least are acknowledged!! His actions towards his constituents would qualify as malfeasance in anybody's book.

I feel for you.

AB

Archived