Purchase process in IL

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Illini2A312

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:48 PM

Are there any local ordinances I should know about after pickup (e.g. in Cook county or Chicago)? I thought I read something about having to register after transfer but don't know if it's outdated information.

#32 soundguy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:55 PM

Are there any local ordinances I should know about after pickup (e.g. in Cook county or Chicago)? I thought I read something about having to register after transfer but don't know if it's outdated information.

Just pick it up and enjoy!

While there may be some ordinance about reporting to someone when you SELL to a non-FFL, there is no registration in Cook or Chicago. Should a gun be lost or stolen is a different matter.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#33 Illini2A312

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:52 AM

Just pick it up and enjoy!
While there may be some ordinance about reporting to someone when you SELL to a non-FFL, there is no registration in Cook or Chicago. Should a gun be lost or stolen is a different matter.

Yeah, seems like it's a thing of the past (looking over the draconian laws for Chicago/Cook from a few years ago has given me a new sense of gratefulness for how good we have it now though lol). When I went to pick up I asked about the registration and the FFL said, and I quote, "Yeah, don't worry about it, that was a ponzi scheme".

As an aside: anyone else get charged for the FTIP? Had a fee of $5 tacked onto the final bill for it.

#34 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,350 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:24 AM

As an aside: anyone else get charged for the FTIP? Had a fee of $5 tacked onto the final bill for it.

In my experience it is standard to be charged the FTIP fee...but iirc (its been a while) the FFL is charged $2. Have heard some charge more to customer adding something for time spent.

ftp://www.ilga.gov/JCAR/AdminCode/020/020012350001200R.html
Section 1235.120 Fees

The fee for inquiries shall be $2.00 per inquiry. The fee shall be the cost to provide the service, but shall not exceed $2.00 per inquiry as defined by State statute. The fee shall be collected through a billing process implemented by the Department.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 30 August 2018 - 08:38 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users