Citibank Decides to Pass Its own Gun Control

evilbrownrifle

Citi’s new “US Commercial Firearms Policy” requires firearms only be sold to people age 21 or older, that gun purchasers pass a background check, and restricts sales of bump stocks or “high-capacity magazines.”

Corbat, who claims to be “an avid outdoorsman and responsible gun owner,” says the new restrictions are a great compromise for Second Amendment advocates and anti-gunners.

“We don’t have the perfect solution to supporting our Constitution while keeping our children and grandchildren safe,” he writes, adding, “But we shouldn’t let that stop us from doing our part.”

https://www.infowars.com/citigroup-imposes-restrictions-on-client-gun-sales/

Maybe gun owners need to contact their legislators where it does any good and suggest we need more govt. bank control.

CNBC

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/22/citigroup-sets-restrictions-on-gun-sales-by-business-partners.html

Full story at link...

Citi restricts gun sales by business partners, says New York Times

..."Citigroup is setting restrictions on the sale of firearms by its business customers, making it the first Wall Street bank to take a stance in the divisive nationwide gun control debate.

The new policy, announced Thursday, prohibits the sale of firearms to customers who have not passed a background check or who are younger than 21. It also bars the sale of bump stocks and high-capacity magazines. It would apply to clients who offer credit cards backed by Citigroup or borrow money, use banking services or raise capital through the company.

The rules, which the company described as "common-sense measures," echo similar restrictions established by some major retailers, like Walmart. But they also represent the boldest such move to emerge from the banking sector.:...

I have a Capital One Visa and they cut my credit limit citing I don't use more then 10% of my available credit.

There was a time when Citi canceled every Visa they had and enrolled all former Visa holders into MasterCard. I quit Citi then. I tried Capital One, but they gave me a ridiculously low credit limit (like not enough to buy anything for which I'd actually need a card) and refused to raise it, so I killed that one, too. When I got my annual credit report, I saw that Capital One had been making credit inquiries on me every week for the whole time I had their card, so they certainly knew I was creditworthy. That's two cases of someone being too stupid to take my money when I freely offered it to them.

OTOH the source is Alex Jones and I don't believe much of what he babbles. INFO WARS? Really?

I could say many things, but ... +1.

When I read the OP, I thought someone had fallen for a phony news story. I quick search reveals that it is true.

A normal mind sees that the policy is stupid.

As mentioned above, there are plenty of other banks that will be willing to take on new business customers.

Fortunately, I do not do any business with Citi.

I closed my Citi account today.

The people I got on the phone had shaky voices and some stuttering. They know why I was closing my account before I laid into them.

I also talked to Chase to increase a line there, and customers were talking to them about Citi too. I was not to the first to bring up citi with the Chase folks.

C0untZer0, on 22 Mar 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

I had Chase create a cashier's check for me to purchase a Glock, the personal banker asked me what the check was for - I think they're required by anti-laundering policy to ask that. I told her it was to purchase a Glock handgun. She told me how her brother was a marine and took her shooting once.

That sounds intrusive for something under $1,000. What if you told them you were sending U.S. dollars to family in Mexico, or Ukraine? The anti-laundering report used to be for cash amounts $10,000+.

“We don’t have the perfect solution to supporting our Constitution while keeping our children and grandchildren safe,” he writes, adding, “But we shouldn’t let that stop us from doing our part ignoring it.”

Fixed that for them. Vote with your money folks. I have avoided Citibank for years because of past service issues. Now I will avoid businesses that use them as well.

Citi’s new “US Commercial Firearms Policy” requires firearms only be sold to people age 21 or older, that gun purchasers pass a background check, and restricts sales of bump stocks or “high-capacity magazines.”

Corbat, who claims to be “an avid outdoorsman and responsible gun owner,” says the new restrictions are a great compromise for Second Amendment advocates and anti-gunners.

“We don’t have the perfect solution to supporting our Constitution while keeping our children and grandchildren safe,” he writes, adding, “But we shouldn’t let that stop us from doing our part.”

Maybe gun owners need to contact their legislators where it does any good and suggest we need more govt. bank control.

We just cut up and degaussed our Citi Black Cards and are returning them to their CEO with a letter of explanation. Since we pay our balance ever month it may not be much of a loss to them but at least they will know that not all gun owners are "blue collar deplorables" with no credit and no education. I am involved in a number of businesses, and I sent all of them emails directing they discontinue any and all business with Citi as soon as it is practical and to write letters and emails to all appropriate parties at Citi explaining the reasons why.

Citi’s new “US Commercial Firearms Policy” requires firearms only be sold to people age 21 or older, that gun purchasers pass a background check, and restricts sales of bump stocks or “high-capacity magazines.”[/size]

Corbat, who claims to be “an avid outdoorsman and responsible gun owner,” says the new restrictions are a great compromise for Second Amendment advocates and anti-gunners.[/size]

This would have the effect of pressuring businesses to potentially violate numerous state and/or local laws that prohibit age discrimination such as the Oregon state which prohibits discrimination of adults on the basis of age.

Archived