Pistol confiscated by St Charles Police

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Mick G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

... The Police are trained to lie to you ...

Reid technique

This where your gut comes into play especially with traffic stops. Sometimes if the cop seems cool I'll give it up and actually confess that I might have broken a traffic law. This has only backfired on me once in Rockford. OTOH I had a cop try this exact technique on me in Indiana when there was a bad crash and I was looking for a detour. I wont go into details but that's traffic BS and his games got turned on him badly. 

If I were guilty or accused of possibly being guilty of something more serious then a moving violation I'm not saying a word. Some of this depends on the actual officer involved, I did own a pawnshop on the Westside and frequently dealt with the pawnshop detail. A couple of the detectives on the detail were very cool but one was one of those "I assume you are guilty of something" types.

He always had to wait for a very long time for our logs for some reason. He never found one thing inappropriate or illegal.

You counter the 9 steps of the Reid technique by repeating "I want to speak with my attorney" 9 times.

#62 Giant Teddybear

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

If Illinois Sucks then move back to Colorado

#63 Illinois Sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:16 AM

If Illinois Sucks then move back to Colorado

You should learn to read before offering advice. I never lived in Colorado. It was an ex co-worker. Thanks for playing though....

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government... The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."     Alexander Hamilton

#64 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:59 AM

What's with the "if"?
Have all boated who fish?

#65 Cerus

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:23 AM

Anyone else smell liberal here?

#66 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

Is that what that stink is? And here I thought I stepped in something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users