All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Welcome to the forum! Based on what you own, you sound like me, you like everything! As for your next purchase, the 357 revolver would be my pick. I am just in a revolver buying mood lately, so I have my eyes on a few models. There are some beautiful 1911's though... tough choice! As for my most fun gun, they are all a blast! Not sure which is the most fun.
  3. Today
  4. Tens of thousands have moved away from Illinois in the last five years alone. I'd bet an above-average percentage of them are/were 2A supporters.
  5. I'm new to this forum and am looking to build my activity to access the classified section, and figured I may as well have some fun with it. I started collecting earlier last year and have got some cash to burn, I want to add something fun to my collection. Currently, I have several striker 9mm, a variety of 22 handguns, a dressed-up 10/22, a winchester 1200 (slam fires), and a double barrel 12. I'm considering picking up either a 1911 in 45, a 10mm striker, or a 357 revolver. Open to any suggestions. What is the most fun gun you own?
  6. When you have a 16 hour class and do the range portion does the instructor have to keep the copy of your target in your records or or can the student keep his or her target
  7. This case is set for oral Argument in the Illinois Supreme Court on May 21, 2024
  8. Yeah. I remember the crowds in 2012 & '13, the first years I went. Wasn't in '13 they estimate there were about 8K in the march?
  9. Samuel Clemens may have written it down but did not claim it as his own saying... it seems to have been a popular subject dating back many centuries. Cheers, Tim
  10. Yelp, and also too many stupid actions are void of consequences! Use to be "stupid" hurt and you learned from it. Now it is applauded and protected! Like the meme says, "Remove all warning labels and let nature take it's course"
  11. Future politicians?! When gold was found on Cherokee land, the State of Georgia wanted to evict the Indians. The Supreme Court ruled that Georgia had to obey the treaty that the federal government had with the Cherokees. President Andrew Jackson was reported to have said, "John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it." Regardless, of whether Jackson actually spoke those words, his actions certainly said it when he relocated the Cherokees by force. For this open defiance of the Court's decision, Jackson now graces our $20 bill.
  12. It's definitely a real case, a real travesty, and he's a real guy. The only thing I think might be overstated is that that judge said: ‘Do not bring the Second Amendment into this courtroom. It doesn’t exist here. So you can’t argue Second Amendment. This is New York.' I find that very hard to believe and would need to see a transcript or something that shows that statement to have been made. Others here are way more versed to law and court etiquette so I'd like to hear a comment from them. VooDoo
  13. I think it is. I have not found another single, credible source for this story so I strongly suspect it's BS. VooDoo
  14. Mike - I would "guesstimate" about a thousand based on what I could see on the floor and in the bleachers. It maybe that with the economy in the shambles it is in, people are more concerned about keeping their jobs and paying their bills take precedence. It might also be that many, esp. the older people, are losing "heart" that this state will ever change. Looking at the way legislative districts are currently drawn is a great example of "gerrymandering".
  15. Its called not outing yourself to the registration NotC's
  16. Wasn't it Twain who wrote this: "There are lies, DAMNED lies, then there are statistics."
  17. Ain't that the truth !! And Euler, don't limit it to Chicago anymore.
  18. Ragsbo - it just boils down to the point that "Common sense ain't common no mo' !" Just look at all the stupid and dangerous "challenges" that have been posted on the internet over the last decade - and the fools that do them.
  19. Which demonstrates how important it is to know what your county sheriff and state's attorney stand for.
  1. Load more activity