Blame the credit card for mass shootings

mikew

You can't make this stuff up.
If we couldn't buy guns on credit, there would be no mass shootings.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/24/business/dealbook/mass-shootings-credit-cards.html

How Banks Unwittingly Finance Mass Shootings

>>>>A New York Times examination of mass shootings since the Virginia Tech attack in 2007 reveals how credit cards have become a crucial part of the planning of these massacres. There have been 13 shootings that killed 10 or more people in the last decade, and in at least eight of them, the killers financed their attacks using credit cards. Some used credit to acquire firearms they could not otherwise have afforded.

---more---

Its the NYT. Nuff said. They start with a conclusion and find none sense that fits.

If you look at 13 of any type of purchase 8 would be paid via a credit card.

That does not prove causation.

It’s not the Times. It’s an op-ed by Andrew Ross Sorkin. If you can write coherently, feel free to write a letter to the editor in response. He’s an ultra progressive twitter twat. He’s on CNBCs morning show - squawk box.

Little rich kid with a serious case of I know what’s best/better for you. Makes Anderson Cooper look like Mike Pence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its the NYT. Nuff said. They start with a conclusion and find none sense that fits.

If you look at 13 of any type of purchase 8 would be paid via a credit card.

That does not prove causation.

It’s not the Times. It’s an op-ed by Andrew Ross Sorkin. If you can write coherently, feel free to write a letter to the editor in response. He’s an ultra progressive twitter twat. He’s on CNBCs morning show - squawk box.

Little rich kid with a serious case of I know what’s best/better for you. Makes Anderson Cooper look like Mike Pence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

writing to him would be a waste of time,totally flawed.

All of these shooters had used dihydrogen monoxide within 24 hours of their shooting sprees.

Coincidence?

I don't think so...

Must be dangerous stuff. The governor of California just signed into law regulations governing dihydrogen monoxide. If you use too much in one day starting in 2022 you can be fined $1000 a day. Limit was set at 55 gallons per person.

At least we have a couple years before we start seeing a warning stickers on all the containers that have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The goal is to cut off access to the payments system. The Obama administration tried to jawbone financial institutions into dropping firearms-related businesses (Operation Choke Point); Cuomo is trying to do the same thing in NY (and is being sued by the NRA).

And God forbid people paid totally untraceable cash for guns! We can't have that, so might as well ban that too.

The goal is to cut off access to the payments system. The Obama administration tried to jawbone financial institutions into dropping firearms-related businesses (Operation Choke Point); Cuomo is trying to do the same thing in NY (and is being sued by the NRA).

And God forbid people paid totally untraceable cash for guns! We can't have that, so might as well ban that too.

You've got that in purple but I suspect that's where we're headed. Cash is caught between a growing perception by retailers that it isn't worth the hassle and a growing awareness by governments that electronic payments provide unprecedented opportunities for access to potentially-useful information without the inconvenience of having to justify their snooping to a judge. At some point the stuff is going to disappear, much like gold and then silver coins.

I'm not sure where those interested in the privacy of their purchases go after that happens. Since 9/11 neither Congress nor any of our Presidents have shown the slightest interest in preserving or strengthening privacy rights. The Supreme Court has generally deferred to the other two branches. But once cash is gone, what you can and can't do will be a matter of what the electronic payments machinery allows you to do.

At some point the stuff is going to disappear, much like gold and then silver coins.

I'm not sure where those interested in the privacy of their purchases go after that happens. Since 9/11 neither Congress nor any of our Presidents have shown the slightest interest in preserving or strengthening privacy rights. The Supreme Court has generally deferred to the other two branches. But once cash is gone, what you can and can't do will be a matter of what the electronic payments machinery allows you to do.

Can't even cash bearer bonds ananomously anymore after the 2010 regulations. Hans Gruber would be p*****.

bearerbonds.jpg

http://www.poffysmoviemania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/DieHard_pic-hans.jpg

Damned Islamic terrorists and Columbian narcos ruin the fun for everybody. Between them there foreign criminals and the patriot act, we are getting screwed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The feds should know how dangerous both of those groups are, since they've funded both in the past (and probably in the present too).

They can pry my Benjamin Franklins from my cold dead hands (or more likely, from my mattress)!

Guys like Madigan would never let the almighty dollar disappear. How will he get his "donations?"

He gets his patronage via large businesses paying his tax firm to lower their taxes. He needs to collect all the tax money he can get to make up the difference. Otherwise the pension ponzi scheme that keeps him in office collapses.

This is why the government wants full insight into money changing hands, without a cut from the plebs every step of the way they can't pay their cronies.

dihydrogen monoxide is a dangerous precursor to hydrogen peroxide.

Actually, hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is an unstable compound which is why it is kept in an opaque container. Sunlight accelerates the breakdown.

Have you ever put a nail in peroxide? The iron is a catalyst and makes the peroxide fizz like Alka-Seltzer. That "fizz" is the extra oxygen boiling off leaving behind H2O (water).

All of these shooters had used dihydrogen monoxide within 24 hours of their shooting sprees.

That molecule is downright deadly, it kills on average about 3,500 people in the US every year, and over 300,000 globally a year!

Worse than that, in Indonesia in 2004 that chemical killed over 200,000 people in a matter of hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived