The Anti's Approach to Witness Slips

DD123

And you dont have to be a us citizen either

WT*, why not just call the Russia and China so they can demand Illinois disarm its citizens.

Can the feds do anything on this?

Russia funds the NRA so they probably would be pro-witness slips.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/11/nra-russia-money-guns-516804

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/russian-agents-guilty-plea-intensifies-spotlight-on-relationship-with-nra/2018/12/13/e6569a00-fe26-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html?utm_term=.3549663253cb

And BTW getting your friends and family to add to the fray is something the pro-gun side has done too: "Get you friends and family to participate as well. That’s right: Each and every member of your household may file a slip! Let your family members become force multipliers for the cause of freedom. Make submitting witness slips something fun that everyone can share doing together. "

http://www.gunssavelife.com/file-illinois-general-assembly-witness-slips/

Just my $.02, the witness slips just give the legislature an idea of which side is mobilizing their proponents. The real positions and input come from the lobbyists and people who call in/write in and show up.

Funny, I don’t see them directing people to file slips on behalf of others, including children.

Big difference between that and “have fun as a family submitting slips together”.

I love how they lumped everyone together as "men who want fewer gun laws and to make it harder for women to be able to get out of an abusive marriage." And when I pointed out that just because someone is progun doesnt mean they support domestic violence, I am "mansplaining"

I hope JB finally destroys this state to the point southern Illinois can become Missouri, Kentucky, or anything not associated with Chicago.

I love how they lumped everyone together as "men who want fewer gun laws and to make it harder for women to be able to get out of an abusive marriage." And when I pointed out that just because someone is progun doesnt mean they support domestic violence, I am "mansplaining"

I hope JB finally destroys this state to the point southern Illinois can become Missouri, Kentucky, or anything not associated with Chicago.

“Mansplaining” is a term used by women who don’t have a logical argument. As soon as you post a valid point that they can’t refute, BOOM they drop the mansplaining card.

It’s a way for morons to protect their fragile egos and avoid cognitive dissonance.

Mansplaining is a term used by women who dont have a logical argument. As soon as you post a valid point that they cant refute, BOOM they drop the mansplaining card.

Its a way for morons to protect their fragile egos and avoid cognitive dissonance.

I have SUCH a good meme about this, but will refrain lol

And you dont have to be a us citizen either

WT*, why not just call the Russia and China so they can demand Illinois disarm its citizens.

Can the feds do anything on this?

Maybe you can get your friends in the DNC to fill out some witness slips with AIPAC money, Israel has a nice arms industry! Tavors, Galils, Uzis, Deagles, Jerichos.

That's if they have any money and operatives to spare from spending 4 billion a year of US tax dollars on their physical border wall and protection.

Stop pretending like your side is free from foreign influence, or like it's a high crime. Way to derail...

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59d62c62e4b0666ad0c3cb12

Maybe we can start trying DNC politicians that put Israeli guns on ban lists or overturn the import ban on "non sporting" Isreali rifles under the commitment not to participate in any BDS actions against Israel. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/05/18/illinois-passes-historic-anti-bds-bill-as-congress-mulls-similar-moves/

http://i.imgur.com/Re8ALk7.jpg

You can feel the underlying bitterness and frustration these nuts have bottled up. when you meet this type in person quietly talking to them with the right amount condescension and dismissiveness and a touch of laughing at them as if amused can get one of these nuts into a red faced obscenity spewing freak out and even get them to grab at you or attempt to hit you. getting them to go berserk and make a scene in front of everyone at a nice social gathering is priceless. of course being the main person trying to calm them down after they flip out makes them hotter and you look rational. :devil:

I'm sure they'd be shocked to know how many non-male members we have here.

For me that means female, but I'm kinda stuck in a binary world.

I love how they lumped everyone together as "men who want fewer gun laws and to make it harder for women to be able to get out of an abusive marriage." And when I pointed out that just because someone is progun doesnt mean they support domestic violence, I am "mansplaining" I hope JB finally destroys this state to the point southern Illinois can become Missouri, Kentucky, or anything not associated with Chicago.

I'm sure they'd be shocked to know how many non-male members we have here.For me that means female, but I'm kinda stuck in a binary world.

There are a bunch, and they’re fighters

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/11/nra-russia-money-guns-516804

$2,512.85 in contributions and membership dues

Wow, $2,512.85? Seriously that's what your upset about?

And let's not forget that was money simply 'associated' with a Russian address, some of it very well could have been from US citizens residing in Russia, or from Russian citizens that are LEGALLY living in the US but choose to still use their Russian residence... At the end of the day it's an insignificant amount of the NRA's total revenue, certainly not enough to claim any non-laughable 'influence'...

I was thinking we've got something like 10,000 users on Illinois Carry. If 1/3 of us filled out witness slips and 1/3 of that number filled out one for our spouce if they agree with us we'd have something like 4500 submitted.
When our slips outnumber them in the thousands, they read the totals, make some comment about it likely being some gun group who got their members to file slips, then continue through the inevitable action of passing it to the floor.

I still file slips on principle, but I firmly believe it does zero good.

To add, though mostly unrelated...

I've seen floor debate on bills where it's pointed out to the Democrat sponsor how their bills and procedures of passing them go against not only their own rules, but also against the Illinois Constitution... they admit and acknowledge this... and continue right on to pass the bill out of the House and onto the Senate.

They outright admit they don't follow the rules. They have control and simply do not care.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, February 13, 2019 at 04:00 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, February 13, 2019 at 04:00 AM - No reason given

Apparently, the Illinois state website even advocates that you fill out multiple slips yourself, as long as you represent a different person or group each time.

Well then, I'm obviously going to start filling out witness slips on behalf of my son, and about 100 other similarly minded people in my family :).

And yes, for those LWW's reading this, that was written in purple.

I'm sure they'd be shocked to know how many non-male members we have here.

For me that means female, but I'm kinda stuck in a binary world.

So is DNA (and therefore reality).

I was thinking we've got something like 10,000 users on Illinois Carry. If 1/3 of us filled out witness slips and 1/3 of that number filled out one for our spouce if they agree with us we'd have something like 4500 submitted.

When our slips outnumber them in the thousands, they read the totals, make some comment about it likely being some gun group who got their members to file slips, then continue through the inevitable action of passing it to the floor.

I still file slips on principle, but I firmly believe it does zero good.

What is a witness slip? This is a serious question.

I've filed dozens of witness slips and they don't even read the numbers in hearings. They are completely useless. The politicians in Springfield don't even know the bills they are signing into law half the time, and you think they care about how many people filed witness slips? One anti-gun person fills out 20 witness slips, what happens? Is it a crime? Is it fraud? Can they get in trouble? Does anyone care about them that much? What does a politician care about more, a witness slip that checks a box or a tweet?

If a bill gets a lot of witness slips, real or fake, they know that there's a large group of people watching. They dog and pony it up by giving it a hearing with cherry picked witnesses dominating the time with prepared speeches and canned testimony.

The public or an opposing special interest group gets to get a few words in just for some show of bipartisanship.

If a bill gets a lot of witness slips, real or fake, they know that there's a large group of people watching. They dog and pony it up by giving it a hearing with cherry picked witnesses dominating the time with prepared speeches and canned testimony.

The public or an opposing special interest group gets to get a few words in just for some show of bipartisanship.

+100.

It's impossible to out-"Democracy" left wing activists. Start poking around that particular truth and things get uncomfortable in a hurry.

Archived