Tapatalk New Version 4.10.1 no longer Marks all as read

Mike Cornwall

Does anyone else here use Tapatalk? Ever since the last "update" Tapatalk will no longer Mark Entire Forum as Read. It says it's dong it but it actually does not do it. Is anyone else seeing this? I'm posting this here because that function 9s working on other forums that I use Tapatalk for. Only this forum fails to execute the command. Thanks.

They completely destroyed Tapatalk, as far as I'm concerned.

Everything is buried in submenus, so simple browsing is no longer possible.

There is zero difference in the appearance of a topic that is read/unread, even though there are options to change the appearance of each... simply doesn't work.

Marking something as read doesn't actually mark it as read. I thought viewing the "unread" section would be acceptable while they (hopefully) fix this pile of crap, but when trying to mark that section as read, it changed everything to having not been read.......

The function of jumping to the first unread post now jumps to the post before the first unread post.

No longer can I view an entire topic, complete with announcements and stickies... if I want to see announcements and stickies, I have to vew them separately, after navigating through each separate topic's submenus.

I could go on, but it'd be pointless.

For now, I get by using the timeline view and simply skip over topics I have no interest in.

My usual practice had been to show all unread, scroll thru and read/participate where interested, then mark all read so I don't have to see the same unread/unparticipated-in the next time. That only works here at the website now. I did report to the developer however other forums I used Tapatalk for *ARE* correctly marking the entire thing as read when I hit that menu item. So it's a unique interaction between the new Tapatalk and Illinoiscarry. I'm not too hopeful.

The new Tapatalk SUCKS! Thankfully, the tablet version hasn't changed yet. Why do they feel that any change is good change? This is definitely a change for the WORSE!
Just an FYI, my Nexus 7 still had the working version after my phone updated to the new crappy version... but a few days later, there was an Android version update for the tablet, which removed Tapatalk. When I reinstalled it, it was the new, crappy version.

My usual practice had been to show all unread, scroll thru and read/participate where interested, then mark all read so I don't have to see the same unread/unparticipated-in the next time. That only works here at the website now. I did report to the developer however other forums I used Tapatalk for *ARE* correctly marking the entire thing as read when I hit that menu item. So it's a unique interaction between the new Tapatalk and Illinoiscarry. I'm not too hopeful.

Previous version of TT, along with this new upgraded ducky version, did the same thing. I have to do the mark all as read 4-5-6 times before it finally marks them all and comes back no new topics.

Try doing it multiple times.

I figured out how to get my copy of Tapatalk pro back... You can't search for it but here is the link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkHD

I'm back to normal and I turned off auto update for the app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that!

Posted my scathing review on Play.

"Switched my five star rating to one. New version is too busy, confusing, can't even figure out how to post a new topic. I don't need "trending" etc., all I want is "unread". Unneeded graphics take up valuable screen space. Train wreck. If it isn't broken, don't "fix" it. Bring back Pro."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

For Goodness' sake: if you use iOS, do not upgrade to the most recent Tapatalk under any circumstances. Until last night, it was cumbersome but workable. The upgrade came in overnight, an the new product is utterly unusable. I don't know if there is another company out there that uses the Tapatalk APIs, but I'm going to be looking.

Archived