Trump filling the lower courts has begun

cls74

The Left?, The Liberal? So.. The Right? The Dems..

I think the definition you all want to use when generalizing FELLOW Americans is; People.

How old is everyone here? and is it a requirement to pick sides and slew someone in order to make facts valid?

New guy here.

Bottom line is, if you have a social security card, a birth certificate , and a gov't Issued ID from the United States of America, YOU are entitled to the benifits of America PERIOD

Its sad to see so many people on this blog, that is as american as it gets, sit around and talk about fellow American citizens ( the left, the right) like they are no equal or dont deserve to obtain whatever it is they are trying to.

Do Better Ya'll. This blog, and CCL carriers, have been granted the most american thing. You are expected to be civil, alert, and understanding.

Start with ya'll mindsets.

D o B e t t e r .

The problem is, many of those Liberal/Dem/Leftists/Alinskyites seek to deprive the pro-gun side of a basic constitutionally guaranteed right. Don't believe it, check their voting records. As much as 2A supporters disagree with them, you don't see the pro-gun side attempting to stifle free speech, do you?

No, when their goal is dismantling the 2A, the "other side" does NOT deserve to obtain whatever it is they are trying to.

The other side wishes to tell me I don't have civil rights. Why? Because they disagree with my views. They say I shouldn't even be allowed to speak because my views are "fascist" (says those who engage in textbook fascist oppression). They say I shouldn't be allowed to defend myself. Why? Because guns are bad mkay. I believe in live and let live, but that only works if everyone else is tolerant of my views. They aren't. So here I am.

I find it to be quite disrespectful for someone to come in here, admonish this entire community in their first post, when that person has no clue what we've had to fight over the past...oh, even a year, two years, three years. We're lucky that the State of Illinois hasn't limited us to muskets since that's their interpretation of the Second Amendment. "Only guns that were in existence in the 18th Century are protected arms. And even then, you need a FOID."

I believe in protected speech. I believe in the right to be free from unlawful search and seizure. So much that I would much rather see a three time felon walk because of a LEO screwing up and violating said felon's rights, than see some special exception made for felons. The Fourth Circuit, on the other hand, has NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER stating that those who wish to carry a handgun for self-defense also forfeit certain protected rights such as the aforementioned Fourth Amendment. The Ninth Circuit has no problem quashing speech and expression if it does not comport with their views. Don't believe me? They held that it's reasonable to suspend students from school for wearing shirts the American Flag on Cinco de Mayo because it offends Mexicans. I don't seek to silence critics. The fringe left, or what used to be the fringe left and is now just "the left" wishes to mold America into...something you would not recognize. Excuse me while I speak out against that agenda.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I think the definition you all want to use when generalizing FELLOW Americans is; People.

How old is everyone here? and is it a requirement to pick sides and slew someone in order to make facts valid?

Bottom line is, if you have a social security card, a birth certificate , and a gov't Issued ID from the United States of America, YOU are entitled to the benifits of America PERIOD

Its sad to see so many people on this blog, that is as american as it gets, sit around and talk about fellow American citizens ( the left, the right) like they are no equal or dont deserve to obtain whatever it is they are trying to.

Welcome gojaygo.

Who is talking about refusing rights to fellow American citizens?

Free speech travels in all directions. The trend in our nation lately is for folks to want to silence the speech they don't like; not change the channel, ignore of block the poster, cancel your newspaper subscription or not attend that public event. They threaten and boycott sponsors, demand to have those they deem offensive fired or kicked out of school, violently protest and destroy property.

With all due respect, your post is rather naive. There are huge differences between "entitled" and "granted" and God given rights which the founders of this country declared were not for them to determine. Most discussions here involve maintaining or recovering constitutional rights. If you are like minded great; if not, you are most welcome to offer opposing viewpoints.

I'm not sure the point of your post. If it is to 'lighten up" you might want to look around the country. The polarization isn't going away anytime soon and to believe civility is the cure well, then your singing to the wrong choir. I don't believe anyone here is flipping police cruisers or shooting conservatives during a baseball practice.

New guy here.

Do Better Ya'll. This blog, and CCL carriers, have been granted the most american thing. You are expected to be civil, alert, and understanding.

Start with ya'll mindsets.

D o B e t t e r .

Nice lecture. Aren't you the guy who just weenied out of a gun purchase in another thread and now you come here to preach to us all about how to be an upstanding citizen? You should have "done better". Based on your spelling, punctuation and slang use, you have got to be from the city no? If you came here to dress us down and "educate" us gun toting rednecks, then you are in for a hard time but have fun anyway.

The day we all realize that it's not left vs right, white vs black, christian vs muslim, and realizes that it's really us vs them......us being the people, and them being those who have the monopoly on force, is the day we might actually get some of our freedoms back.

We're purposely divided so that we don't focus on them. How many bills are passed by either party that are in our best interests, in that WE benefit the most rather than corporations receiving the most benefit? Do we think Trumpcare will be any different than Obamacare? The only difference is that we might see some costs come down, but Obamacare came back to bite the insurance companies in the rear end, so for the bill to be more beneficial to us will be a joke....it'll increase the profits of insurance companies the most.

As far as Trump packing the lower courts, I say that's great as long as they're constitutionalists. If they come in with the evangelical pandering judicial style, then that's not good.

It's unfortunate, but conservatives haven't been true conservatives since before GWB took office. Since then, they've been in a competition to see which party can spend the most. There are a handful of true conservatives left in DC, even fewer who respect the constitution. I can actually count them on my fingers and don't need to take off my shoes.

It's way past the point where if both parties don't start representing OUR interests, that we're going to go down a path that we can't come back from without a civil war.

Archived