Crime on CTA/Mass Transit ... Reports and Data

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#91 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

If you go here..https://data.cityofc...esent/x2n5-8w5q..and click on location description at the top of the chart then scroll down to #52114 and keep going for a while you get all the CTA crimes from the last year to present,all broken down to platforms ,bus, train, etc...There's a lot,4858 of them.I just can't figure out how to copy them or get them alone on a list.Maybe somebody with more computer savvy than me.

That's a H e ll of a lot of crimes on the CTA, which is supposed to be so super safe that no one needs to carry a firearm to protect themselves. Somebody's doing something wrong here. Must be the concealed carry folks running around like shoot-happy and murder-drunk maniacs. I wonder how many of them in 2014 and 2015 have been committed by legal firearms carriers?

Oh, it's zero? How surprising. 

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#92 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

What I would like to have is a summary of crimes for 2013-present.  Is that possible?  Or at least 2013-2014

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#93 Redlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

(EDIT)Got this,https://data.cityofc...-2013/7it2-49z2,revert at the top of the page,that will bring up CTA only.Then on  the right side add the dates 10/01/2013 thru 12/31/2014 to get a full list of all 2013-2014.For some reason it won't let me import tha tlist with the choices made already.or I would have.But it's a complete list.

Edited by Redlin, 14 March 2015 - 10:43 AM.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

#94 Molly B.

• 15,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

Good heavens, look at all the assaults and criminal sexual assaults alone. 

How about a summary for the past 5 years?  Is there anyway to do that?

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#95 Redlin

• 745 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Good heavens, look at all the assaults and criminal sexual assaults alone. 

How about a summary for the past 5 years?  Is there anyway to do that?

Try changing the dates in the date search at the right hand side.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

#96 Molly B.

• 15,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

I'm sorry, I do not understand how to do that.

#97 Molly B.

• 15,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

Here's what I would like to have - number of crimes involving crimes against persons within the last 5 years with a summary of number of each type - not so much interested in trespass or stuff like that.

#98 Molly B.

• 15,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

Can someone compile that for me?  I need by Monday.

#99 cshipley92

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

I figured out how to sort them by date and location.  I included the following crimes; Assualt, Battery, Criminal Sexual Assualt, Kidnapping, Robbery, Sexual Offenses and Stalking.  

But I can't figure out how to paste it here.  I've imported the data as both a PDF and Excel.  Any help with how to paste those from my PC to here?

Frederick Douglas "A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box."

#100 cshipley92

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

Molly if you've got an email I can use I can send you a PDF or Excel spreadsheet either one, or both.  You can email me at cshipley92@gmail.com

Frederick Douglas "A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box."

#101 cshipley92

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

From January 1, 2010 to present there were

·        3730 Robberies (includes strong arm/unarmed and armed both)

·        1481 Assaults (including armed and unarmed)

·        4312 Batteries 

·        33     Criminal Sexual Assaults

·        17     Kidnappings (includes 6 child abductions by strangers)

I can get PDF's of each category if you need, but that's the overall view.  Pretty scary isn't it. 

#102 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,196 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

·        4312 Batteries 

I can get PDF's of each category if you need, but that's the overall view.  Pretty scary isn't it. 

I wonder how many fewer there would/will be if concealed carry is allowed on public transportation. Even more important, I wonder how many fewer crimes on those who get off of public transportation will be stopped if concealed carry on the CTA/public trans is no longer prohibited. That would be a fantastic statistic for comparison in a few years.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#103 Molly B.

• 15,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

·        4312 Batteries 

PDF Summary sheet, with the source link would be great.  Thank you.  We sure have a great team here!

#104 Redlin

• 745 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

Assaults only,in this format?Ignore the title at the top,look at the dates of occurrence.

Attached Files

Thomas Paine

#105 Redlin

• 745 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

Broken down into various categories.It won't let me change the page titles,but they're since 2009

Attached Files

Edited by Redlin, 14 March 2015 - 02:02 PM.

Thomas Paine

#106 Molly B.

• 15,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

Thank you , very helpful

#107 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

I've been re-doing the statistics from the Chicago Crime portal because it doesn't make sesne.  If the portal is accurate crime at CTA locations in 2015 was almost 1/2 of what it was in 2014 and that doesn't make sense.

I think the way they classified things must have gotten switched around or something.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. 
- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

#108 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:38 PM

Shouldn't robberies be included with assaults?

#109 Yas

• Members
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

Here Molly  a kidnapping

http://www.chicagotr...0416-story.html

Police alert: Woman attacked, held in abandoned West Side building for 3 days

Chicago police have issued an alert after a woman was kidnapped over the weekend and held for three days in an abandoned building near a CTA station in Lawndale on the West Side.

The woman told police she walked out of the station in the 2100 block of South Pulaski Road and was waiting at a bus stop around 8:45 a.m. Saturday when a man walked up and struck her in the head, according to the alert.   More at link

#110 tom28

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

Here Molly  a kidnapping

http://www.chicagotr...0416-story.html

Police alert: Woman attacked, held in abandoned West Side building for 3 days
Chicago police have issued an alert after a woman was kidnapped over the weekend and held for three days in an abandoned building near a CTA station in Lawndale on the West Side.

The woman told police she walked out of the station in the 2100 block of South Pulaski Road and was waiting at a bus stop around 8:45 a.m. Saturday when a man walked up and struck her in the head, according to the alert.   More at link

Strike this one off the list. She lied

http://www.dnainfo.c...tion-police-say

#111 kurt555gs

• Members
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

5ca38434ff151bf02068d9950d9a4933.jpg This is already legal to have with you on the CTA and you don't even need to have an FCCL. * Contents undisclosed. FOID card may be required.
Kurt on G+

#112 tom28

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

Rapped and robbed in the middle of the afternoon on the blue line train.

http://www.chicagotr....html?track=rss

Edited by tom28, 21 April 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#113 atmosphere0284

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:32 AM

Rapped and robbed in the middle of the afternoon on the blue line train.

http://www.chicagotr....html?track=rss

Horrible... just horrible. Good pictures of the perp but alot of good those cameras did to protect this woman. Here is another link to the story http://www.nbcchicag...-300868171.html

#114 bmyers

• Members
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

Are you including the crimes on Metrolink and Bistate busing?

#115 jlowrie

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

4/21/15 blue line eastbound towards o'hare.  woman got on at oak park station and was sexually assaulted, beaten and robbed.  Offender exited the train at Cicero and took a westbound train.

The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it. --Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

#116 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

Police credited the CTA's security camera network that allowed police to "quickly identify and apprehend a suspect."

What a load of BS.

For every offender that is apprehended there are 15 that flee to Mississippi or elsewhere and aren't arrested.  And it is an outrage that the media doesn't report on the numerous failures of the cameras, the many many times that crimes are "caught" on camera but the footage never results in an arrest.

Don Harmon will slowly shake his head and say something like "This is truly a tragedy, two lives were impacted and two lives irrevocably changed..."  That way he can pander to his constituents and jibe with the narrative that there are 2 victims here and economic and social injustice is the real culprit.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. 
- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

#117 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

Police Charge 15-Year-Old Boy for Blue Line Sexual Assault, Robbery

CHICAGO — A 15-year-old boy, from Chicago, has been charged for sexually assaulting and robbing a woman on the CTA Blue Line Monday night, police said.

The boy, accompanied by his guardian, turned himself in "after seeing his photograph broadcasted in the media," a Chicago Police press release said.

http://www.dnainfo.c...-robbery-attack

Have all boated who fish?

#118 barryware

• 2,064 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

Police Charge 15-Year-Old Boy for Blue Line Sexual Assault, Robbery

CHICAGO — A 15-year-old boy, from Chicago, has been charged for sexually assaulting and robbing a woman on the CTA Blue Line Monday night, police said.

The boy, accompanied by his guardian, turned himself in "after seeing his photograph broadcasted in the media," a Chicago Police press release said.

http://www.dnainfo.c...-robbery-attack

Nice job Fife.. How do you guys find this stuff? (Keep up with it)..

15 year old perp.. Very disturbing.. This wasn't shoplifting..

Edited by barryware, 22 April 2015 - 08:50 PM.

“I sometimes wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.” – Mark Twain

#119 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

Nice job Fife.. How do you guys find this stuff? (Keep up with it)..

22826-vt.jpg

#120 chicago555

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:45 PM

Police are investigating a report of an attempted sexual assault aboard a CTA train Sunday morning on the North Side.

A 27-year-old woman told police she was riding a southbound Red Line train between the Fullerton and North/Clybourn stations at 5 a.m. when a male offender attempted to sexually assault her, said Officer Janel Sedevic, a spokeswoman for the Chicago Police Department. The victim declined medical attention, according to Sedevic. Police described the suspect as a black man 35 to 45 years old, 5 foot 6 to 5 foot 8 inches tall and weighing 130 to 150 pounds. He has a dark complexion, short hair with a short full beard that is black and gray in color. He also had long finger nails and crooked teeth and was wearing a long tan jacket. Area Central detectives are investigating.

http://www.chicagotr...0510-story.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users