What's your *carry gun?

kurt555gs

When IL gets rtc Im partial to Kimbers but the problem is, theyre almost too nice to carry. My every day beater will be the Springfield xdm .45 compact I just got. If it gets wear marks, I dont care.

Agreed. And when you get to the point of carrying one everyday (or nearly everyday) you will be amazed at how quickly the gun ages (in terms of finish wear, etc.). But that said, I think the first criterion in choosing an every day carry gun is that it is extremely reliable, and the second is that you shoot it well and are comfortable with it. That it is "cheap" or "expendable" is probably worthy of being further down on the list of criteria for a carry gun. And deciding to carry a "cheap" gun merely because it might get confiscated? First, that is a very low possibility, and second, may belie living in an overly-oppressive state too long!

There are working guns, and there are collectable/presentation/safe-queen guns. It's important not to confuse the two!

Glocks are what you show your enemies, 1911's are what you show your friends.

I'm hoping to get a Glock 27 gen4 with those swanky pinky extension magazines WHEN we get LTC here. My Arizona vacation was scrapped this year so I'm in no hurry though I do find myself in Wisconsin more often that anticipated lately.

I carried a S&W 642 in Pittsburgh and Kentucky.

Bah ... only wussies carry .38 snubbies.

Oh, wait ...

FF I think we determined we have exactly the same 642s!

Mine has the extended wooden grip though. Colleen's is like yours...girl gun. :flowers: Actually it is kinda mine now as she doesn't like it and purloined my P3-AT.

Archived