Trigger Farms

Hipshot Percussion

Spent yesterday morning at Trigger Farms for Basic Defensive Handgun course. It is so addictive. My Son and his two friends joined me and fired more than 1400 rounds - shoot and move, 9-hole, working from the holster, double taps, point and shoot, reloads (which I need so much work on before next month) and a steel plate course competition (with a Hostage shot) to end the day. 3-hour course for $50.00. Experienced instructors, safe and fun. 10 students per session. If you are looking to move your training to the next level, away from indoor ranges, paper shooting without drawing from the holster, this is a great course to take - ADDICTIVE.

Safety is first and foremost while enjoying the day outdoors on a private range. We will be going next month and move into the 4-hour advanced Defensive Handgun course and we can't wait.

I have some video I will be posting to youtube in the next day or two and I will add a link here when it's available.

• 2 weeks later...

The video sold the girls on this. My wife and her friend want to go on May26. I just send the deposit money, but there's no way on the site to know if there's still space for the three of us. I tried sending John an email, but with it being a week day he's probably got a day job (and a family) that steals his attention so I'm hoping this works out.

Does anyone have insight on supplies to bring for basic defensive pistol? I know 400 rounds, a pistol and a holster, eyes and ear pro....but I mean are they specific about IWB/OWB or holster construction? I ask because I don't have any clue what my wife's friend has for equipment. I've told her I'd loan her stuff because I have a surplus of GOOD stuff, but she's wanting to use her own...and a Flashbang, purse or Remora type are probably not approved...even if the Flashbang might make the class more interesting... lol.

The May 26th class is full.

I just signed up for the June 16th class in the morning.

You might want to check back with him. I emailed John this morning to see if he had room for two. All he had was the PM. We can only do AM. I just - and I mean 5 minutes after you posted, sent him an email passing on the two PM spots. They may be available.

You might want to check back with him. I emailed John this morning to see if he had room for two. All he had was the PM. We can only do AM. I just - and I mean 5 minutes after you posted, sent him an email passing on the two PM spots. They may be available.

Thank You.

I just got your spots, Woohoo.

I just got your spots, Woohoo.

Great! Glad to help out! Have fun. You won't want the class to end :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just got home from the p.m. class with the girls. Lots of good instruction from both instructors. The girls needed a little extra work to help them with their grip, and stance. The best thing that came out of it was the confidence the girls earned today. Looking forward to going again after they practice their new skills.

Just got home from the p.m. class with the girls. Lots of good instruction from both instructors. The girls needed a little extra work to help them with their grip, and stance. The best thing that came out of it was the confidence the girls earned today. Looking forward to going again after they practice their new skills.

Ha! King and I were chatting next to his bike when you drove up. I took the AM class.

That was you. Awesome, the girls did a good job. I hope to see you guys again soon. It was a great day. Hot, but good. You're right, I could see the difference in their confidence by the end of class.

Archived