CCL app residency page broken?

mjw45

Is any one else having issues with the residency info page for the CCL application?

Just tried to help a student and cannot enter residency info.

It pulls up his current address, but the drop down boxes for country, state and length of residency are not working.

I tried logging out a few times over the last few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Molly

I just found out my other instructor has a friend who has had this issue for a while now.

He has been calling and emailing, but of course no answer.

Any idea if this affects all applications or only some?

My student today was an existing account, but he couldn’t remember his password from 2016(foid renewal)

So we created a new account with a new password but it linked to the old account info with his original email.

We have seen this issue many times when assisting students. Normally, we try again in a few days and everything works fine.

Have you seen this for years or more recently?

I have seen lots of other issues, most solved by backing out a page, logging out and back in.

A few times just waiting a few hours or a day.

But for all the applications I have done over the years this is a new one to me.

But I don’t do that many applications any more, and they have been mostly renewals in the last year.

My favorite was on the original system, did the application, a month later the student got a cryptic letter saying there was an issue.

All he could find was a lower case middle initial.

Changed it to upper case and it worked fine.

He just got his renewed CCL in hand 3 days ago, so it worked this time.

So I have had a little more time to play with this.

So for those of you playing at home-

Laptop Win v8.1 (same computer used since 1st application in Dec 2013)

Browsers tried-

Firefox v 64.0.2 (default browser, previously successful with all other applications)

Chrome v 77.0.3865.90

Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.19377

All browsers on this computer now fail on the residency page of this particular account.

I will try another computer when I get a chance.

Edit- Windows system updates are set to manual, and I have not updated the computer since my last successful application.

So that variable should not have changed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When the drop down boxes do not work, open your application and on the address page, remove all the information you have entered, then click on 'save'. Once you have cleared and saved, if the boxes do not resume working properly, exit the application. Reboot your computer.

When you log back in and start entering your info, make sure you don't create a space in any of the boxes before trying in your info.

If it still doesn't work, let me know.

Archived