Frog Lube

boog

All Members,

Tactical Santa is proud to have Boog (CarrySafely.com) and Kenny (Kapguns) as Dealers of FrogLube. Please go to them for your Froglube purchases (Banners Above), Tactical Santa is still here for you if you need a "Santa Delivery" but both of these fine gentlemen are long time members/promoting IL Carry business and we all win. So please support them, You will not be disappointed. Frog Lube "it just works"

RLTW!

Ed

Are you guys (Tactical Santa) still backordered?

No, except for the 1oz liquid. where did you hear/see that? anyway, Boog and Kenny can handle your needs for FrogLube, but for anything and I mean anything we can get it for you. Just let us know in the get intouch/comments and we will square you away.

Ed

RLTW!

All Members,

Tactical Santa is proud to have Boog (CarrySafely.com) and Kenny (Kapguns) as Dealers of FrogLube. Please go to them for your Froglube purchases (Banners Above), Tactical Santa is still here for you if you need a "Santa Delivery" but both of these fine gentlemen are long time members/promoting IL Carry business and we all win. So please support them, You will not be disappointed. Frog Lube "it just works"

RLTW!

Ed

Are you guys (Tactical Santa) still backordered?

No, except for the 1oz liquid. where did you hear/see that? anyway, Boog and Kenny can handle your needs for FrogLube, but for anything and I mean anything we can get it for you. Just let us know in the get intouch/comments and we will square you away.

Ed

RLTW!

That's what Tactical Santa told me when I emailed.I was also wanting some quick clot.

<br />Kenny...do you have any of this in stock? I forgot to ask you earlier today.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes I do have a lot. I am looking at going out to the range on Mon or Tue now.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

So I know that I am a dealer of this new product, but I had to see just how it does on rust. My father in law gave my wife an old savage shotgun a few years ago and to be honest it was terrible with rust. I told her to junk it but it was her dads so we have just hung on to it. It was stored in an attick for nobody knows how long. I started putting the froglube paste on it today and we can't believe it. I will post pictures of it tomorrow and you all can come up with your own opinion. Just be ready to say WOW.

Boog

tried ordering from Snata butit wouldn't go through on web...where can I order online....starter kit

We are having a rough time getting the 1oz liquid. They may be here today. If not I will make a 1oz bottle for you along with the 1/4 oz paste and flux brush. Lets see what happens this weekend and we can pm each other.

Boog

We are having a rough time getting the 1oz liquid. They may be here today. If not I will make a 1oz bottle for you along with the 1/4 oz paste and flux brush. Lets see what happens this weekend and we can pm each other.

Boog

I'd like the 4 oz paste and liquid kit with accessories

http://shop.tacticalsanta.com/Froglube-Kit-4oz-Liquid-4oz-Paste-Cloth-and-Brush-FLKIT44.htm

• 3 weeks later...

No it is a Savage 12 guage auto. My wife's dad also gave her a Ted Williams model from Montgomery Wards and believe it or not it was delivered by usps to his home in Chicago. Yes thats right I said Chicago.

Boog

A very long time ago

Ted Williams was a Sears branded firearm 1963 - 1970 or so. I beleive that Montg. Wards used the Western Field brand during the same time period.

No it is a Savage 12 guage auto. My wife's dad also gave her a Ted Williams model from Montgomery Wards and believe it or not it was delivered by usps to his home in Chicago. Yes thats right I said Chicago.

Boog

A very long time ago

Ted Williams was a Sears branded firearm 1963 - 1970 or so. I beleive that Montg. Wards used the Western Field brand during the same time period.

You are right. I got it out and looked, it is a western field from Wards. A 20 guage pump

boog

Frog Lube works a heck of a lot better with heat. I mean leave your gun in the car in the hot afternoon sun with the windows up type of heat... Or the heat from the wife's blow dryer works too. I was watching the Frog Lube melt and wick into the space between pins and sliding parts. Near as I can tell by gauging the amount of creep in the trigger, Frog Lube is slicker than Slip EWL. Cleaning ability seems on par with MPro-7. Well, MPro-7 is designed to dissolve carbon, Frog Lube seems to separate carbon from metal and float it. Alternating patches with MPro-7 and Frog Lube did a great job on my old M1 Garand barrel. And the Frog Lube cleaned up a light surface rust on the op rod as well. Frog Lube also seemed to displace the Tetra Grease on the Garand which is probably a good thing. I think Tetra grease in combination with grit and carbon from firing may have contributed to premature wear on my Glock transfer bar. Anyway, 4 firearms are now coated in Frog Lube. I'll let everyone know if one blows up. :Crying. =-(:

Also in passing, my hands usually get covered in carbon while cleaning the BCG. Frog Lubed the BCG and washed my hands in water, to my surprise, the carbon just washed off in the water. Usually that stuff stays in my fingers until I get a good scrubbing with some automotive grade pumice scrub. Gotta hide this stuff from the wife, she might start soaking her fingers in it or something...

To any Frog Lube rep who can help,

I sent this as an email to mail@froglube.com From the website and haven't gotten a response. Something got crossed I guess. Anyway, if someone has an answer for me, I'd love it.

Gentlemen,

I saw your product online at http://www.carrysafely.com/ .

I reload all of my practice ammo and cast my own lead bullets as well. I always have leading to some degree, and this has caused me to try different lube formulas for my bullets. I am not confusing bullet lube with barrel lube.

What I would like to know is this, does frog lube either reduce leading or does it make it easier to clean it out of a pistol barrel? I saw on your website this statement;

"When a weapon is fired, carbon, lead, copper, brass and other fouling particles are produced. FrogLube is a heavy specific gravity food grade substance that creeps deep into the pores of the metal and acts as if to 'season' the surface of the bore, any friction points and all areas treated with the lube. Once treated, fouling particles can no longer bond with metal surfaces, instead, they will be suspended in a detached state and easily wiped or brushed from the surface. This also applies to other loose fouling particles such as dirt, dust and sand."

Are you saying that any lead left in the barrel of my Ruger SR9 will be easily wiped right out? As it is, I have to:

1. Run a patch of Hoppe's through.

2. Scrub the bore with a bronze brush.

3. Run a clean patch through.

And then repeat the process up to 10 times. I still have a trace of lead in it now after cleaning, but take it as good enough because it will get fouled up again.

Please, let me know if FrogLube can address my problem with leading.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited formatting by 2old2play

I got my reply from Froglube customer service today.

Hi Mark,

I apologize for the late reply, we've been at a remote testing site torturing our guns with the lube.

I reload too.

I use FL on my bullets. I heat an amount in a crock pot, soak my bullets for about an hour on "low". Then pull 'em out, wipe them with a paper towel and then let them cool. Makes for a very slick bullet.

If you shift to FL for your guns:

You won't need Hoppes or bronze bore brushes any more. FL dissolves carbon and active corrosion on contact. When heated, it works better. It absorbs, it doesn't film. When it absorbs, it forms a very durable coating, like the seasoning of a frying pan. Things don't stick. Cleaning is simply a matter of wiping off fouling particles. I usually do it when the weapon is still warm. If you punch the bore with a clean patch, you'll see the lead come out. Again, works best when hot or warm. My bores look like mirrors & appear to be pretty much led free.

Thanks for your patience.

I'll be trying this as a bullet lube as well as a firearm lube. I gotta say that my first impression of this product was/is sceptical. All of the extremely positive comments reminded me of a multi-level marketing pitch, and maybe subconsciously Frog lube has a similarity to snake oil, amphibians and reptiles aside.

Anyway, I'm going to give it a go and see how it works out for me.

2old

• 1 month later...

2old

How did it work out for you? I really know the answer because the snake oil "just works" just wanted to get your take on it :thumbsup:

Folks, Froglube went up 10% 2 weeks ago so the time to get some is now!!!!! Reach out to Boog or kenny (carrysafely,KapGuns-banner above)and place an order this weekend for the old price. use ed said I could as the discount code. Don't lose out, call them ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont

I'm using the bottle of Froglube more for automotive uses than my firearms right now. Works great in conjunction with the "blue wrench" to free up stubborn bolts. I'm gonna test it this winter on my undertray bolts to see if it'll help prevent rust on those after all the salt. I'm also using it to treat bushings that have a bad case of the squeaks.

I finally shot the pistol treated with Froglube. Used too much Froglube as the stuff began dripping out of the trigger mechanism as the pistol heated up. Wiped off the excess and kept shooting. Pushed a patch with Froglube through the bore afterwards. Haven't really cleaned it yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived