The new Sig 365

TRJ

Has it been recalled yet?

After the 320 catastrophe, and I don't just mean the drop-safe failure but the many other problems that forced them to introduce a second-gen "X" almost immediately, it's hard to take any new Sig seriously.

That comes from someone who wasted a bunch of money on a 320RX and never got good results, to be polite. A gun no one who tried it liked.

Plus, we're still furious about the fast one Sig pulled on a number of our USPSA shooter friends with a sponsorship scam that went away about as soon as the ink was dry on the deal.
The arrogance stuns.
And my apologies in advance to my Sig friends, but the choices that company is making still rankle.

I suggested to Walther years ago that they make a double-stack magazine version of the PPS, basically using the P7M13 as an inspiration.

Given how badly Walther murdered the gas delayed blowback operating system of the H&K P7 in the Walther CCP its not a gun I'd buy.

In my eyes the P7M13 is the holy grail of carry guns. I don't know why H&K won't make a polymer framed new version of it.

10+1 and the same size as a G43? If its reliable, it deserves serious consideration. Thats impressive.

I feel the same, but:

Unfortunately, with at least one round in every magazine on that first day, the pistol failed to completely go into battery. Initially, SIG employees told me I was limp wristing the pistol. As I was wearing gloves and it was very cold, I figured we’d see if that was actually the problem once we were inside on the second day. However, it turned out that all of the press, and a couple of SIG personnel shooting the pistol that day, experienced the same issue.

Does not sound good to me. The author claims later in the article that it was likely the lubricant used, but it's something I'd want to see more tests of before seriously considering.

10+1 and the same size as a G43? If its reliable, it deserves serious consideration. Thats impressive.

I feel the same, but:

Unfortunately, with at least one round in every magazine on that first day, the pistol failed to completely go into battery. Initially, SIG employees told me I was limp wristing the pistol. As I was wearing gloves and it was very cold, I figured we’d see if that was actually the problem once we were inside on the second day. However, it turned out that all of the press, and a couple of SIG personnel shooting the pistol that day, experienced the same issue.

Does not sound good to me. The author claims later in the article that it was likely the lubricant used, but it's something I'd want to see more tests of before seriously considering.

As I mentioned in my initial comment, Sig has a habit of rushing product out the door and using the first year of production to tune the guns (beta test). Sig has a deal with Lucas oil and includes it with every new gun they sell. If there was a problem with the lube you can bet they can't talk about it, which would explain why nobody knew what the gun was lubed with when it was failing in the cold. Give them a little while to refine the product. Then it's going to be a winner.

The bigger winner is us. This forces the competition back to the drawing board to match or exceed the magazine capacity, or cut a deal with a company like magguts to make/license factory magazines for existing gun designs.

It's basically a micro 320. Smaller than I'd feel comfortable carrying.

As I mentioned in my initial comment, Sig has a habit of rushing product out the door and using the first year of production to tune the guns (beta test). Sig has a deal with Lucas oil and includes it with every new gun they sell. If there was a problem with the lube you can bet they can't talk about it, which would explain why nobody knew what the gun was lubed with when it was failing in the cold. Give them a little while to refine the product. Then it's going to be a winner.

The bigger winner is us. This forces the competition back to the drawing board to match or exceed the magazine capacity, or cut a deal with a company like magguts to make/license factory magazines for existing gun designs.

Every manufacturer of every product, not just guns, does this very same thing. For that reason I refuse to be an early adopter of anything. Not guns, not cars, not refrigerators. I'll wait until after the first recall before I decide to buy that item or not.

Explain. What part about a three finger grip and ten+1 is making you hesitant?

I could shoot a G43 okay with extended mags. Shield is okay with a seven round mag. The P290 was good with an extension magazine too. All perfectly fine within 7 yards, and acceptable within 10 as the short sight radius started to show off one's deficiencies in handling. This one seems like it would be fine too, but better due to holding more ammo.

Well now, the OP linked article, he says he couldn't get a full grip with the flush magazine (10+1). He needed the extended mags for a three finger grip.

More than just capacity is important to me, for one. The P365 appears to be one of the lighter in this arena. It's 3.3 oz lighter than my PPS M2. That is going to affect it's muzzle flip, which affects time to back on target for repeat shots, as well as accuracy. That is the problem with the micro 9s, is they shoot like a micro 9s. It is one of the reasons I carry the PPS M2, as it was one of the better at this of those I tried (most). So, we will have to see how the P365 fairs in that department. And, important in an every day carry is reliability. As mentioned, Sig has some recent issues there, and a general issue with new releases, at first.

Lastly, because it CAN take a 12 rd mag, it will be illegal as a concealed carry in some of the more idiotic jurisdictions that limit to any weapon that can not be made to fire more than 10..

I could shoot a G43 okay with extended mags. Shield is okay with a seven round mag. The P290 was good with an extension magazine too. All perfectly fine within 7 yards, and acceptable within 10 as the short sight radius started to show off one's deficiencies in handling. This one seems like it would be fine too, but better due to holding more ammo.

Not hesitant but WHY? I used to carry a SC. But I can conceal a 3.9" bbl compact with 15 rounds, so why go smaller?

I like my current Sig. It carries only 3 rounds less. And it's all metal. Cocked and locked. Kinda nice.

I haven't seen any info on the striker fired trigger pull and length, but this new one reminds me of the KelTec P-11. I'm certain the P365 (fun name) has a shorter easier pull. The P-11 is almost 4oz lighter, a little shorter and has the same capacity for likely half the cost. Mine was $190 some time ago. You might even be able to pick up a used (likely very little) .40 caliber conversion kit for the P-11 if a little suffering is up your alley!

I can't imagine the P365 is much fun at the range, after much experience with the P-11... But if all you were gonna do is carry it, I'd go with the P-11. It always hit the target in exactly the right spot the first time at the range. After that, such a tiny light gun was rather painful. Maybe that extra 4oz makes the difference?

Love to try one out.

Interesting... the Sig guy in the video says that the rail is proprietary, and the Sig optics team is currently working on lights and/or lasers for the pistols. I don't like the idea of being stuck to one brand of light accessories. The price is about what I'd expect but I'll wait for it to drop.

Archived