Aldercreature Burkes office is under attack!

Jeffrey

I love Second City Cop. All the most interesting news.

UPDATE: Did everyone see the Tribune headline?

• Who is Ed Burke? Alderman. Former cop. Ex-Trump attorney.
Beyond politics

In addition to his duty as alderman, Burke works as partner in a Chicago law firm specializing in real estate tax appeals. Perhaps his most notable former client is President Donald Trump.

Burke served as Trump’s lawyer for more than a decade, helping to lower the property bill on Trump’s downtown skyscraper by more than $14 million. In early June of this year, however, Burke announced that he no longer represented Trump’s company in a letter to the Cook County courts and the state Property Tax Appeal Board, the Sun-Times reported.

What is so interesting about that? It's been well known for months that Burke has been distancing himself from anything Trump to appease his voter base as he and his family run for offices that rely on the Hispanic vote. It's also known that if you want things done in Chicago you hire big name law firms, especially ones that have family roots in the Chicago machine, Burke is one of those as is Madigan.

Read all about it here... https://chicago.suntimes.com/business/the-donald-and-the-alderman-break-up-burke-no-longer-doing-tax-work-for-trump/

UPDATE: Did everyone see the Tribune headline?

• Who is Ed Burke? Alderman. Former cop. Ex-Trump attorney.

What is so interesting about that? It's been well known for months that Burke has been distancing himself from anything Trump to appease his voter base as he and his family run for offices that rely on the Hispanic vote. It's also known that if you want things done in Chicago you hire big name law firms, especially ones that have family roots in the Chicago machine, Burke is one of those as is Madigan.

I hadn't heard about their association... corruption finds corruption.

Only the best people!

Sounds to me like the Crook county assessor hits these high end buildings with super high assessments so they are forced to hire cronies of the assessor who can then persuade said assessor to lower their client's assessment. Gee, wonder what the assessor gets out of this. Nice scam Crook county.
nothing to see here, move along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He kept getting reelected but everybody in the old neighborhood professed to hate his guts. What does that tell you?

Sadly with the power that the machine holds in this state, if you don't want your area to get neglected, ignored and pushed to the back of the line for everything, you need to elect a crony even if you hate them it's a sad cycle that isn't going to be broken until there is a major overhaul starting with term limits.

Burke used to be helpful. Years ago (80's) my wife and I applied for a mooring for our 25' sailboat in the Chicago Park District harbor system and were told there was a 5 year wait. My wife called her dad (he lived a couple of blocks from Burke's office) and told her what the park district said. Got a call an hour later from a vary apologetic park district employee telling me not only did we get a slip but it was on the main doc, not a star dock like we requested.

Burke used to be helpful. Years ago (80's) my wife and I applied for a mooring for our 25' sailboat in the Chicago Park District harbor system and were told there was a 5 year wait. My wife called her dad (he lived a couple of blocks from Burke's office) and told her what the park district said. Got a call an hour later from a vary apologetic park district employee telling me not only did we get a slip but it was on the main doc, not a star dock like we requested.

The city that works!

This investigation is being spurred on by Madigan, over the Trump representation. I'm not sure why people think this will implicate Madigan in any way.

What kind of influence does Madigan have over the feds?

The kind that someone with decades of dirt on everyone in the city machine has.

my money is on not every fed investigator as tied to the machine. We only need one bad apple.

This investigation is being spurred on by Madigan, over the Trump representation. I'm not sure why people think this will implicate Madigan in any way.

my money is on not every fed investigator as tied to the machine. We only need one bad apple.

All it takes is one phone call with the correct information to set the Feds on someone.

That Fed doesn't have to be involved in the machine in any way.

Burke didn't get investigated in IL without a call to the feds from Madigan.

The concerning part is they didn't raid his lawfirm, only his Alderman office.

This egregious act

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20180113/property-tax-refund-for-atampt-costs-district-220-11-million

Prompted Rauner's EO

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watchdog/ct-met-rauner-property-tax-madigan-20180122-story.html

But there wasn't anything after that and the EO was considered toothless.

All it takes is one phone call with the correct information to set the Feds on someone.

That Fed doesn't have to be involved in the machine in any way.

Burke didn't get investigated in IL without a call to the feds from Madigan.

Burke has been around longer than Madigan. If Madigan dropped a dime on Burke you can bet Burke knows where and how to drop Madigan. Hopefully this is Trumps DOJ finally moving on a filthy corrupt City, county and state. With any luck this will be the first domino

Burke has been around longer than Madigan. If Madigan dropped a dime on Burke you can bet Burke knows where and how to drop Madigan. Hopefully this is Trumps DOJ finally moving on a filthy corrupt City, county and state. With any luck this will be the first domino

Yea but i feel like Madigan has more dirt on all the Burkes then Burke has on Madigan. Can't retaliate with out risking family. Would be a nice little war to sit back and watch tho...

Yea but i feel like Madigan has more dirt on all the Burkes then Burke has on Madigan. Can't retaliate with out risking family. Would be a nice little war to sit back and watch tho...

The civil war that some mention is inevitable? Wouldn't that be great to watch.

The civil war that some mention is inevitable? Wouldn't that be great to watch.

no the war of D vs D. Hoping to see some infighting and they take each other down.

Here's hoping that whatever Burke got caught at, it STICKS -

and that he can't wriggle out of it, nor has someone else to fall on their sword about it.

It would be FUN to see such mutually assured destruction, in corrupt Illinois.

I wonder how many current and former politicians and democrat party cronies are suffering gastro-intestinal upset.

Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING will come of this. They're smarter than that. They'll be no incriminating evidence in that office. At least nothign that will bring down the machine. Even if something were found, deals would be made, hands shaken, a few people bowing to their knees, and all is kept quiet. The Chicago machine doesn't get this well organized and corrupt by leaving paper evidence of their corruption laying about in an office or on an office computer. Now, had they seized all of their servers, computers, files, along with their mobile phones, home computers, etc.. They MIGHT have found some interesting and incriminating information.

As a previous poster said, you don't get investigated in Illinois politics without the blessing of King Madigan.

Now, had they seized all of their servers, computers, files, along with their mobile phones, home computers, etc.. They MIGHT have found some interesting and incriminating information.

They essentially did seize all that from the places they had warrants, I even saw them carrying out the computer monitors in some of the clips, maybe they are hoping for some ghost images?

Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING will come of this. They're smarter than that. They'll be no incriminating evidence in that office. At least nothign that will bring down the machine. Even if something were found, deals would be made, hands shaken, a few people bowing to their knees, and all is kept quiet. The Chicago machine doesn't get this well organized and corrupt by leaving paper evidence of their corruption laying about in an office or on an office computer. Now, had they seized all of their servers, computers, files, along with their mobile phones, home computers, etc.. They MIGHT have found some interesting and incriminating information.

As a previous poster said, you don't get investigated in Illinois politics without the blessing of King Madigan.

Exactly. The tax appeals scam they've been running forever to pay and recieve patronage is legal. They do it out in the open, all a matter of public record.

Sure, there 'aught to be a law, but who's going to pass it, who's going to enforce it, and who's going to lose the benefits of patronage?

Every once in a while they feed one of their own to the sharks, but that's a hit for defiance, not justice.

They essentially did seize all that from the places they had warrants, I even saw them carrying out the computer monitors in some of the clips, maybe they are hoping for some ghost images?

I always wonder when I see them carrying out the monitors, what do they think they'll find in the monitor? Reminds me of the woman in this video...

Exactly. The tax appeals scam they've been running forever to pay and recieve patronage is legal. They do it out in the open, all a matter of public record.

Sure, there 'aught to be a law, but who's going to pass it, who's going to enforce it, and who's going to lose the benefits of patronage?

Every once in a while they feed one of their own to the sharks, but that's a hit for defiance, not justice.

Guess who else runs that same tax scam? The guy would would have benefited by having some of his competition taken out of the equation.

This is Madigan's demand for Burke to retire.

Watch for it to come, due to "family reasons", or something of that nature.

Archived