Call To Action!

abolt243

We are encouraging you to once again use the new "electronic witness slips" feature provided by the House and file witness slips OPPOSING the House Floor Amendment No. 1 to HB 4393. Go HERE and follow the steps to file your slip. No games with your name and other information. This is an official document and should be treated as such.

Once again here is the link: Electronic Witness Slips You are OPPOSING the House Floor Amendment No 1 to HB 4393. The committee meets Wednesday, March 28 at 8:30 a.m. Click on Hearings>Judiciary II - Criminal Law Committee>Wednesday March 28, 2012>8:30 A.M.>HB4393 (HFA 1) "Create Slip". Fill in the information requested, use no punctuation or special characters. Remember, we're opposing this amendment. In the "Testimony" section, mark "Record of Appearance"

If you need further assistance, P.M. me.

Some background on the amendment:

HB 4393 was filed as a shell bill and now has an amendment pending that will turn it into a very nasty bill. If passed as introduced, this bill would create the "Gun Offender Registration Act". It requires persons that commit an offense with a gun to register their address, and other information with the local law enforcement, much like sex offenders are required to do now. Sound OK? But, this bill requires registration of even those that are found guilty of a MISDEMEANOR gun crime, not just the most heinous of crimes. The penalty for not registering?? A FELONY charge.

So, besides being just another warm, fuzzy, feel good law that does nothing to control crime or criminals, this law can take those convicted of a misdemeanor mistake and turn them into a felon, forever losing their rights.

Send that witness slip NOW!!

it wont let me do it my address is 9599 N 330th St it says there are invalid characters. And my area code I put in 217 and it said I must enter 3 digits ???? what is going on?

Something has definitely changed, my address came up as invalid characters as well. I live on the Rural Route system with a box number, after I dropped the box number it accepted RR 1.

it wont let me do it my address is 9599 N 330th St it says there are invalid characters. And my area code I put in 217 and it said I must enter 3 digits ???? what is going on?

For agency or company that doesn't apply put in "None"

Harley, I had the same problem until I took out ALL punctuation. I bet you're putting a period after N or St. The phone number goes in three boxes 217 825 4950 no spaces, dashes or punctuation of any kind. Back clear out and start over. Don't use anything but shift, letter/ number keys and the space bar.

In the "Testimony" section, mark "Record of Appearance"

This is a brand new system folks. I'm sure there will be some minor tweaks as we go along. Just try some different stuff and see what works. If you find a "work-around" let us all know about it.

Thanks,

Tim

In the "Testimony" section, mark "Record of Appearance"

This is a brand new system folks. I'm sure there will be some minor tweaks as we go along. Just try some different stuff and see what works. If you find a "work-around" let us all know about it.

Thanks,

Tim

Done. Do not put a [sPACE] on the end of any field or it will reject it. That Captcha thing still messes with me. They don't make those things easy to read, do they?

-- Frank

Archived