How early is too early to renew FOID/FCCL?

TRJ

Given the wait time for processing, is there a point where it's too soon and they won't accept the application? My FCCL expires before my FOID. I kind of want to reapply for both while renewing FCCL even though I'll lose a year or so on the FOID. As I get older I find keeping track of this stuff is troublesome.

Given the wait time for processing, is there a point where it's too soon and they won't accept the application? My FCCL expires before my FOID. I kind of want to reapply for both while renewing FCCL even though I'll lose a year or so on the FOID. As I get older I find keeping track of this stuff is troublesome.

You can only renew when the "RENEW" icon has been made active by the ISP. I was able to renew mine 90 days out.

I hear ya on trying to keep track of things like this. I actually sat down and made out a spreadsheet with all of the things I have that expire. It made things alot easier. Now I just have to remember to look at the spreadsheet.

For you old fogies with the cloudy memory, if you have a smart phone you can set a reminder to alert when time is near. Ask your kids/grand kids to set it for you. :ninja:

You will get there someday too. Probably sooner than you think. :cry:

Age, it's only a number right? Believe me, some days I feel like I'm already there.

You can only renew when the "RENEW" icon has been made active by the ISP. I was able to renew mine 90 days out.

I hear ya on trying to keep track of things like this. I actually sat down and made out a spreadsheet with all of the things I have that expire. It made things alot easier. Now I just have to remember to look at the spreadsheet.

At some point you'll say what spreadsheet or what is a spreadsheet or did I put the spreadsheet with the pillowcases.

Quick question if someone knows. When I renew my IL CCW card, (a) do you think I will get a new FOID and (B) will the two expire at the same time.

It is kind of silly that the two cards expire at different times and one has to track these dates. Of course ideally we should have only card. But ....

Quick question if someone knows. When I renew my IL CCW card, (a) do you think I will get a new FOID and (B) will the two expire at the same time.

It is kind of silly that the two cards expire at different times and one has to track these dates. Of course ideally we should have only card. But ....

They cant get FOID system to interchange with CCL system per Molly. (well, I suppose they could but they do not currently and thats more time and money.) Sadly, I fear a patch here, a patch there making it even more unmanageable in the future.

And FOID renewal expire dates cut you short anyway from original expire date so as much sense as it makes for CCLS and FOIDs to coexpire in 5/10 year cycles, I dont see it happening anytime soon.

Appriss software does other state CCL systems from what I recall, but its not like there are many states with FOIDS they have to base a model on.

The FOID card expires 10 years from the date of issue.

The CCL expires 5 years from the date of issue.

They can NOT expire at the same. :no:

Yes but if they were issued together and expiring on the same month/day just 5 years apart it would be easier to manage and they would expire at the same time every 10 years.

Quick question if someone knows. When I renew my IL CCW card, (a) do you think I will get a new FOID and ( :cool: will the two expire at the same time.

Mine do - or are close.

Got my CCL 5 years and a few days after my renewal of my FOID.

They both will expire in Feb 2019

Quick question if someone knows. When I renew my IL CCW card, (a) do you think I will get a new FOID and ( :cool: will the two expire at the same time.

Mine do - or are close.

Got my CCL 5 years and a few days after my renewal of my FOID.

They both will expire in Feb 2019

2024 and 2029! You won't know the issue date of your CCL until they issue it. Are they going from the issue date or From the date your CCL expires in 2019?

Are we supposed to remember our log in information from 4 yrs. ago?

Probably. I have a file of logins and passwords because I, and am sure many others, have about a hundred. You should probably keep one too.... I'm sure there will probably be a link for those who forgot their password or possibly user ID.

If you have not logged in except for initial application, you may need to create a new login. Shortly after opened, the ISP finally got rid of the stupid Java client requirement that frustrated so many of us trying to submit. A new registration was required after that change.

If you have not logged in except for initial application, you may need to create a new login. Shortly after opened, the ISP finally got rid of the stupid Java client requirement that frustrated so many of us trying to submit. A new registration was required after that change.

I can't function without java in the morning ... can I reapply at night?

Where is or will the "RENEW" icon be. I logged in (had to create a new account, but it found all my info) but did not see any renew button. I am still six months out or so.

thanks for the help.

The RENEW icon will be located in the bottom left corner of either the FOID or FCCL status box.

Mine popped up and replaced the "Lost, stolen, address change" boxes that are currently there.

You will see it as it was yellow in color if I remember correctly. It will look like the "Sign In" Icon on the Sign In screen when you log on to check your status.

Hope that helps.

Their website is horrible.

I’m not sure if I created a new login after the initial digital ID or not and trying to reset a password or retrieve an account is a mess.

I kept all of the information for my digital ID but that’s no if no use anymore.

It would be easier for me to retrieve my bank account than an account not with the ISP

I guess I’ll try to create an account, that’s one way to find out if I have an existing account or not.

The RENEW icon will be located in the bottom left corner of either the FOID or FCCL status box.

Mine popped up and replaced the "Lost, stolen, address change" boxes that are currently there.

You will see it as it was yellow in color if I remember correctly. It will look like the "Sign In" Icon on the Sign In screen when you log on to check your status.

Hope that helps.

When was your CCL issued, or you just referring to your FOID?

90 days from now would be about Nov. 21. CCL applications were not accepted until 01/01/2014 and the first issue dates were 02/28/2014.

I was part of that group. I just checked my CCL account and there is no renewal button. It is still too early for my FOID too.

Archived