Photo

JB Pritzker Stance on Firearms

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#91 steveTA1983

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

Kind of nice that Rauner has more $$$ on hand.

#92 chancemccall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:51 PM

Not for long and bear in mind that JB has already spent over $100,000,000.00 on the campaign. Also bear in mind that these are the latest numbers but they are over three months behind.

Life Member - NRA

Life Member - SAF

Life Member - GSL

Charter Member - CMSA

Life Member - SASS

LEOSA carrier

#93 gangrel

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

This is not the time to make a stand on other moral grounds. 

When will it be? When will it be time to take a moral stance? When it doesn't matter?

I'm sorry, I WILL NOT vote for a man that uses my money to murder babies. End of story. Come get my guns, JB. Bring it.

Shall we consider you an, "Anit-Gun Person", from now on then? OK.

You know I'm not. And I won't be bullied by being called one into voting the way someone else tells me. As I've explained, I will not sacrifice babies for gun rights. I will not. I refuse to make that bargain.

And, I will say it again...Pritzker is going to the the next governor of Illinois. This is a fact. It's a fact you gentlemen ought to just get used to.

...thanks to folks with your attitude.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NRA Life Member

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

NRA Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety
ISP Approved Firearm Concealed Carry Instructor

Utah CCW Instructor

#94 RECarry

• 2,258 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:32 AM

What difference at this point does it make? Hillary has it in the bag. No, wait...what?

A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#95 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:02 AM

Like Killary, there ought to be a criminal investigation into fatboy for real estate tax fraud. Fat chance, of course.

#96 tricolor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

Look at the donors for mccan, amazing!

I cannot wait for the supreme court ruling regarding forced donations to unions to start having an impact!

#97 soundguy

• 5,286 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

As I asked earlier (and got no answer)...if now isn't the time to fight for principles, when will it be? 2020? 2022? I'll just sit here waiting for your answer. The silence tells me the answer is "never".

You got some answers, just none you liked! Like I said, the time is now. The issue, however, is who's gonna serve us better as Governor. You'll probably get a good chance to limit the "Right to Choose" pretty soon with the impending SCOTUS appointment.

A quote from a different thread to sway your mind, and help you get out of the hole you are in...

We are very fortunate to have a Governor who will take the time to sit down with us, hear us out, take note of our concerns.  In administrations past, we couldn't even get inside the glass doors to the outer office.  Gov. Rauner is all that stands between us and a new administration that would strip us of all our rights in the blink of an eye.

We appreciate the Governor's willingness to at least discuss these important issues with us.

Molly B

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#98 quackersmacker

• 1,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:53 PM

As I asked earlier (and got no answer)...if now isn't the time to fight for principles, when will it be? 2020? 2022? I'll just sit here waiting for your answer. The silence tells me the answer is "never".

You got some answers, just none you liked! Like I said, the time is now. The issue, however, is who's gonna serve us better as Governor. You'll probably get a good chance to limit the "Right to Choose" pretty soon with the impending SCOTUS appointment.

A quote from a different thread to sway your mind, and help you get out of the hole you are in...

We are very fortunate to have a Governor who will take the time to sit down with us, hear us out, take note of our concerns.  In administrations past, we couldn't even get inside the glass doors to the outer office.  Gov. Rauner is all that stands between us and a new administration that would strip us of all our rights in the blink of an eye.

We appreciate the Governor's willingness to at least discuss these important issues with us.

Molly B

Soylent, a vote for BJ Prickster is a vote for both abortion and gun control.     Is that really what you want?

Life Member --- NRA
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Member        --- ISRA
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Aurora Sportsmen's Club
Member        --- Tri County Gun Club

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#99 steveTA1983

• 1,593 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

Molly B

Soundguy, as I’ve said, we might disagree on a lot, but this is a great post!

#100 evilbrownrifle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:29 AM

Rauner/ILGOP better work on their messaging if the ads I'm seeing are any indication. Fighting over who is the smaller billionaire with the fewest homes and tax dodges could IMO be replaced by pointing out Putzer is a far leftist of the "Resist" type. The Dems are actively alienating themselves by being so extreme from not just us on the right and the independents but many traditional dems. ILGOP in fact likely can flip downstate Ds to Rs this election (but given downstate Ds regularly fight gun control I'm not sure how much that helps us in the end). In any case swing districts should be poised to actually swing this election to the right. In some parts of the state they should actually consider running as conservatives at least, if tying their efforts to Trump are a bit for for our RINO class.

Maybe there are messaging differently outside the collar counties.

#101 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,305 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

This is a new one out.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#102 steveTA1983

• 1,593 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

This is a new one out.

https://www.youtube....h?v=JnOtMoA6u_I

Just hit twitter with it :)

#103 2smartby1/2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

I don't think anyone is actually coming for guns (not in a physical way)....

The reason why I say that is because I don't think there are too many LEO's out there who want to be first through the door of a legal gun owner, trying to take their weapons.   Unless said LEO's are coming in with bags full of cash to pay for the full cost of what was spent, they can't have them.  

Now, making felons out of current legal owners...that is a case for the courts. 

#104 papa

• Members
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:55 PM

The reason why I say that is because I don't think there are too many LEO's out there who want to be first through the door of a legal gun owner, trying to take their weapons.   Unless said LEO's are coming in with bags full of cash to pay for the full cost of what was spent, they can't have them.  

If it comes down to them going house to house taking guns , it will be swat teams doing it and we as individuals alone will not be able to stop them. It will not be regular leos and it won't be 1 or 2 officers.  I hope to never see that happen..

#105 2smartby1/2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:22 PM

If it comes down to them going house to house taking guns , it will be swat teams doing it and we as individuals alone will not be able to stop them. It will not be regular leos and it won't be 1 or 2 officers.  I hope to never see that happen..

But play it out.  How may legal gun owners are there in Illinois?    There are not enough SWAT teams in Illinois to conduct house to house confiscations.    Not to mention a good portion of the SWAT team members would probably be opposed to gun grabbing from lawful citizens.  They would end up taking weapons from friends, family, ex-police, current and ex-military etc....while going against the 2nd. 

With the number of weapons (both legal and illegal) out there, and especially the number of legal AR-15's out there, a SWAT team rolling into almost any neighborhood for the sole purpose of taking legal guns (rural, suburban, or uban/hood) would immediately find themselves surrounded and severely out-gunned.  If SWAT is coming to take your neighbors guns, you are probably next on the list.  

It would take a military force like the National Guard to conduct a house to house sweeps....and outside of Hollywood, that isn't realistic. 

#106 InterestedBystander

• 5,104 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:27 PM

Not for long and bear in mind that JB has already spent over $100,000,000.00 on the campaign. Also bear in mind that these are the latest numbers but they are over three months behind.

$2M a month?

...Pritzkers contributions to Dem committees now total $5.7 million since May...

...All of those contributions were made by JB Pritzkers gubernatorial campaign. Its part of his Blue Wave Illinois initiative...

https://capitolfax.c...?p=38485&more=1

Edited by InterestedBystander, 09 July 2018 - 01:29 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️

#107 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:26 AM

But play it out.  How may legal gun owners are there in Illinois?    There are not enough SWAT teams in Illinois to conduct house to house confiscations.    Not to mention a good portion of the SWAT team members would probably be opposed to gun grabbing from lawful citizens.  They would end up taking weapons from friends, family, ex-police, current and ex-military etc....while going against the 2nd. 

With the number of weapons (both legal and illegal) out there, and especially the number of legal AR-15's out there, a SWAT team rolling into almost any neighborhood for the sole purpose of taking legal guns (rural, suburban, or uban/hood) would immediately find themselves surrounded and severely out-gunned.  If SWAT is coming to take your neighbors guns, you are probably next on the list.  

It would take a military force like the National Guard to conduct a house to house sweeps....and outside of Hollywood, that isn't realistic. 

I wouldn't be so quick to say a good portion of cops wouldn't do it.  Once told if you want to keep your job and your retirement you will do it, most will shrug their shoulders and say "got to think of my family" and will saddle up to do the job.  Also after an unfriendly welcome from a few gun owners they will switch to "shoot first, ask questions second" mode.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#108 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:13 AM

I wouldn't be so quick to say a good portion of cops wouldn't do it.  Once told if you want to keep your job and your retirement you will do it, most will shrug their shoulders and say "got to think of my family" and will saddle up to do the job.  Also after an unfriendly welcome from a few gun owners they will switch to "shoot first, ask questions second" mode.
This.

But, they can't LEGALLY do any of this without lawfully repealing the Second Amendment. IOW, the government and its agents would be acting unlawfully and tyranically; just the situation the 2A was meant for!

#109 steveTA1983

• 1,593 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

^^^^
I’ll use this meme again, as it’s relevant to your post (and the true intention of the 2nd amendment)

JeFCHcO.jpg

#110 2smartby1/2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

This.

But, they can't LEGALLY do any of this without lawfully repealing the Second Amendment. IOW, the government and its agents would be acting unlawfully and tyranically; just the situation the 2A was meant for!

That is where I'm heading with all of this.  I just don't see that many LEO's putting their own lives on the line to start taking guns from law abiding citizens.  They would be going against the 2nd, and would out gunned.  Every LEO driving down the street what have a giant target on their back.    You would probably have the ATF and the FBI fighting against Illinois LEO's....and maybe our National Guard against the National Guards from other states.  Makes a great movie script, but not a real concern in my mind.  LEO's have "real crimes" to solve....and would not waste time with this. 

A bigger concern would be small print legislation that slowly erodes and restrict certain rights under the cover of darkness.  Depending on where you stand, that could be good or bad. 

#111 Mayonaise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

Let's get real here. If/When there are confiscations, it won't be door to door.  That would be dumb.  It would be through stiff fines and penalties.  The average person won't want to risk say $250 a day fine and/or jail time aka Deerfiled and Chicago.  How many of you are willing to risk not being able to feed your families?

How they will do it will be through mandatory turn ins and "buy backs."  Hmmm when have we seen this before?

Edited by Mayonaise, 11 July 2018 - 11:05 AM.

#112 steveTA1983

• 1,593 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

Let's get real here. If/When there are confiscations, it won't be door to door.  That would be dumb.  It would be through stiff fines and penalties.  The average person won't want to risk say $250 a day fine and/or jail time aka Deerfiled and Chicago.  How many of you are willing to risk not being able to feed your families?

How they will do it will be through mandatory turn ins and "buy backs."  Hmmm when have we seen this before?

Who ever said people would pay or turn stuff in? We all know what that leads to

#113 Hatchet

• 2,761 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:27 PM

There would be some. The rest of us they will find some sort of way. You get pulled over for speeding and they find a bullet casing for what might be an illegal gun. They get warrant and search house (I know, i know) What i'm trying to say is there will be some that comply. Then they will chip at the rest of us any which way they can. Then when they feel enough has been taken, then and only then would they possible start knocking on doors. It will be like everythign else they do. Little by little till there is no one left to complain or stop them.

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#114 steveTA1983

• 1,593 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:54 PM

There would be some. The rest of us they will find some sort of way. You get pulled over for speeding and they find a bullet casing for what might be an illegal gun. They get warrant and search house (I know, i know) What i'm trying to say is there will be some that comply. Then they will chip at the rest of us any which way they can. Then when they feel enough has been taken, then and only then would they possible start knocking on doors. It will be like everythign else they do. Little by little till there is no one left to complain or stop them.

I agree, which is why non-compliance is important

https://hudsonvalley...-with-safe-act/

Cuomo administration officials first ignored, then denied Robinson’s Freedom of Information Act request. But, on June 22, following two years of litigation, state police released the information based on a court decision which found that while the law forbade the disclosure of the actual registration forms, nothing precluded the release of aggregate data.

That data shows massive noncompliance with the assault weapon registration requirement. Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered. That’s a compliance rate of about 4 percent. Capanna said that the high rate of noncompliance with the law could only be interpreted as a large-scale civil disobedience, given the high level of interest and concern about the law on the part of gun owners.

The result

Opposition to the SAFE Act has been widespread across upstate New York, where 52 of the state’s 62 counties, including Ulster, have passed resolutions opposing the law. Upstate police agencies have also demonstrated a marked lack of enthusiasm for enforcing the ban on assault weapons and large-capacity magazines. According to statistics compiled by the state Department of Criminal Justice Services, there have been just 11 arrests for failure to register an otherwise-legal assault weapon since the SAFE Act took effect in March 2013 and 62 for possession of a large capacity magazine. In Ulster County, where 463 assault weapons have been registered, there have been just three arrests for possession of large-capacity magazines and none for failure to register an assault weapon. Ulster County Sheriff Paul VanBlarcum has been a vocal critic of the law; he said he believed large numbers of Ulster County gun owners had chosen to ignore the registration requirement.

“We’re a rural county with a lot of gun enthusiasts,” said VanBlarcum. “So [463] sounds like a very low number.”

VanBlarcum said he had advised deputies to use their discretion when it came to making arrests for SAFE Act violations like unregistered assault weapons and he had no plans to undertake proactive enforcement measures.

#115 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:48 PM

Illinois is easy. We have gun OWNER registration. They take that info, then enter it into the transfers database to see what'cha got. Then, they send you a notice to turn it in or turn over the sale information you're supposed to hold for 10 years. Not rocket science here. Of course, the gangbangers with the illegal guns -- the ones who commit the actual gun "crimes" -- are not in any database, and shall remain unmolested by the nanny state that caters to them.

Edited by 2A4Cook, 11 July 2018 - 03:49 PM.

#116 RoadyRunner

• 3,888 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

Any FFLs out there proactively destroy records after 10 years? Asking for a friend....

IC Supporting member
NRA life member
NRA certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#117 InterestedBystander

• 5,104 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

Any FFLs out there proactively destroy records after 10 years? Asking for a friend....

Private transfers are one thing (10 yrs), but I thought the FFL was for the life of the business and then they went to the ATF...but a quick ATF search showed:

How long are licensees required to maintain ATF Forms 4473?

Licensees shall retain each ATF Form 4473 for a period of not less than 20 years after the date of sale or disposition. Where a licensee has initiated a National Instant Background Check System (NICS) check for a proposed firearms transaction, but the sale, delivery, or transfer of the firearm is not made, the licensee shall record any transaction number on the Form 4473, and retain the Form 4473 for a period of not less than 5 years after the date of the NICS inquiry.
[18 U.S.C. 923(g)(1)(A); 27 CFR 478.129(B)]

Last Reviewed June 20, 2018

https://www.atf.gov/...-atf-forms-4473

ATF-Record-Retention-Guide.png

Edited by InterestedBystander, 11 July 2018 - 05:44 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️

#118 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:27 PM

Who ever said people would pay or turn stuff in?   We all know what that leads to

Like the little kid trying to stay out of trouble when confronted by a parent, I'd reply - " Not me !! "

And yes, that would lead to the "door-to-door" face-off that concerns all of us.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#119 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

And here is some additional information about Jabba from his attempt to get in the Congress.

When he ran for Congress in 1997, Pritzker called for a 100 percent tax on handguns and handgun ammunition, which he estimated would raise $1 billion a year. (Scott Fornek, “Pritzker, In First Political Run, Vows He Can 'Get The Job Done',” Chicago Sun-Times, 9/7/97)

In the same campaign, he even favored banning the sale of handguns entirely. (Susan Dodge, “Candidates Hit Trail To Congress,” Chicago Sun-Times, 2/22/98)

He supported the gun dealer licensing bill vetoed by Governor Rauner earlier this year. (Sara Burnett, "How Illinois governor candidates would address gun violence," Associated Press, 1/14/18)

Any questions?

Edited by JTHunter, 11 July 2018 - 09:33 PM.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#120 dumpnpump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

Anyone catch the clip on the evening news tonight about the Cook county judge carrying a concealed weapon in his pocket and he drops it.  The video shows him pick up the weapon and put it in his pants pocket and walk on.  I know judges can carry in court houses as officers of the court.  But what about other restricted places that CC is not allowed.  Or does being a judge override the CCW rules?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users