Any existing cases on cost of IL CCL?

There should be. Maybe after some of the newb's that are recently becoming more "woke" to things happening around them, someone less fortunate will get the opportunity to press the state. Of course I can't recall any tax in this state to ever go down. Also can't recall any other fundamental right that we are charged to exercise.

At the chance of sounding like I support the state and their fees.

Someone who could not or was delayed getting a FOID and/or CCL due to the fees, would then need an expense vet lawyer to get valves and to file suit. The cost of getting the cards would be far less burdensome than the attorneys fees I would guess!

And looking forward don’t be much surprised if the fees go up after the impending mess currently sweeping across America. JMO.

At the chance of sounding like I support the state and their fees.

Someone who could not or was delayed getting a FOID and/or CCL due to the fees, would then need an expense vet lawyer to get valves and to file suit. The cost of getting the cards would be far less burdensome than the attorneys fees I would guess!

And looking forward don’t be much surprised if the fees go up after the impending mess currently sweeping across America. JMO.

I humbly disagree the pricing to go up. We gonna abolish the police then we won't need to worry about anyone asking for our permission slip.

Reading back through my post let me start by saying how much I hate spell check!

As for the prices going up, they tried a few times and with the “crisis” in America who knows, but don’t be shocked!

As for not needing the permission slip anymore, it’s Illinois, they will be the last to get rid of the police.

And who knows who or what it will take to get say a national card if that every comes true. Not in our life time!

And the lawyer, yeah no bro bono there. It would be costly and a lengthy suit. Again not in our life time.

And the millions they have already stolen, I mean shifted to other areas they control, I mean manage, that’s not a talking point as others have pointed out many times that it IS in the law/statute that they may move those funds if they wish.

I dont see any law firm going pro bono for this or it getting a high priority among gun rights groups, but I suppose one never knows.

I know Willis wants to raise fees, but how can other but the most extreme reasonably vote to do so given the millions they have taken out of the funds...

I don’t know. It depends on if the SAF backs up their words with actions. They have mentioned that they want ANYONE who feels they are being denied their right to bare arms to send in reports. We’ll see if they follow through.

I was wondering about this after recently doing my CCL training and application.

Are there any existing cases in IL challenging the CCL laws as being discriminatory/unconstitutional by acting as a de facto ban on low-income individuals obtaining concealed carry?

I ranted about that day one.

It costs a lot of money to hold elections, but people are allowed to vote for free because it's their constitutional right.

There's simply no difference in the constitutional right vote then it is to own and carry a firearm.

Archived