State wants my age/ocupation/purpose of firearm ?

flw

Just has to be something legal. The stores don't care as long as the answers are.

Can't put drug dealer and kill rival gang members, etc, etc.

If you are in fact a drug dealer and rival gang member that would not be lying. I have not read the law in detail but does it allow the seller to deny because of your answer? I know that the FLL can back out just because like any seller can, but is there a list of codified disqualifiers the FFL is required to look for?

I had a friend that was a pharmacist and she called herself a drug dealer, even tried to get several variations of the same on her license plate, all were denied.

Purpose? To kill someone. There's no other reason to own a handgun that to kill someone. There are other uses for it, but the purpose of it is to kill someone.

Nope, that is not only wrong, but deliberately combative and stupidly simplistic.

Here is an Olympic 50 meter competition pistol.

FPM_500.jpg

It can be legitimately and accurately said that the purpose of this pistol is for target shooting at the highest level, in a competition that is endorsed by all of the countries that participate in the Olympics (i.e., all of them).

It can also be accurately and legitimately said that an individual who says that there is no other purpose for a handgun than killing someone is being willfully stupid and duplicitous.

Purpose? To kill someone. There's no other reason to own a handgun that to kill someone. There are other uses for it, but the purpose of it is to kill someone.
I purposely bought mine to put holes in paper. That is my only expectation for its use. In the event that something/someone was attempting something life threatening to me or my family, it may or may not find another use. I also bought a hammer from Home Depot. I only bought it to put nails through wood. That is my only expectation for its use. In the event that something/someone was attempting something life threatening to me or my family, it may or may not find another use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dealer I worked for would refuse a sale to someone who wrote down a reason for purchase that was illegal.

As I said I know they can refuse the sale even if the buyer gives the seller a stink eye, but I don't believe he/she had a legal obligation to not complete the sale due to how those questions are answered and the law does not mandate how those questions must be answered just that the seller must record them in a register. Of course a knownly false statement would invoke perjury and threat could find one in legal trouble, but beyond that any answer should be lawful.

Mega Sports the LGS that everyone loves to hate has been doing this for years.

But it probably doesnt matter as no one really buys from there........

But some stores run a tighter ship than most.

No kidding. My two recent purchases / trades I went to Megasports to handle the gun, then bought it from a local dealer. I've been doing that for years.

This was two different transactions, a couple of weeks apart. They do have an excellent selection.

I think the last time I purchased a gun from them was 2005.

Nope, that is not only wrong, but deliberately combative and stupidly simplistic.

FPM_500.jpg

It can be legitimately and accurately said that the purpose of this pistol is for target shooting at the highest level, in a competition that is endorsed by all of the countries that participate in the Olympics (i.e., all of them).

It can also be accurately and legitimately said that an individual who says that there is no other purpose for a handgun than killing someone is being willfully stupid and duplicitous.

Nope. There are other uses for handguns, but the ultimate purpose is to kill someone. That Olympic target pistol, indirectly perhaps, still directs to that purpose. It makes one a better shot.

FPM_500.jpg

Nope. There are other uses for handguns, but the ultimate purpose is to kill someone. That Olympic target pistol, indirectly perhaps, still directs to that purpose. It makes one a better shot.

Nope. It CAN be used to kill someone, just as can a bow and arrow, sword, axe, knife, and myriad other implements, as well as explosives. There are other uses for those, but they are all extremely effective for killing someone. But the ultimate purpose for those is not killing someone.

This . . .

76_GARROTE-BRITISH.jpg

. . . is a wire garrote.

But it's also exactly like a clay cutter.

51dU8qdNywL._SX425_.jpg

However, an Olympic target pistol is specifically designed for shooting targets, and was originally designed to do that and primarily and ultimately to do that. It is the only thing that you can use for Olympic target shooting, therefore, its primary and ultimate purpose is for that.

You just happen to be able to use it to shoot someone, just like you could use a clay cutter as a garrote.

Please, stop the disingenuous bull****.

Rather than keep going in circles on this, let's acknowledge that max503 was correct when he said that there are other uses for a handgun and not worry about the ensuing inconsistencies.

FPM_500.jpg

The purpose of a firearm is to fire a projectile. Nothing more.

So this is what happens SOMETIMES when the conversation or answers get skewed.

Three guys looking at firearms, two are going to buy and start the paper work.

Third guy wonders up and says “ nice guys, god looking guns” then looks at the salesman/manager and says “will those shoot through cinder blocks?”

(Put the sounds of screeching brakes here)

Not only did the transaction end, PD was called and arrived before the three mutts could leave.

They went for interviews shortly after that.

True story and I don’t endorse any answers other than what would be common sense.......

I know, I know, just me and my opinion

I purposely bought mine to put holes in paper. That is my only expectation for its use. In the event that something/someone was attempting something life threatening to me or my family, it may or may not find another use. I also bought a hammer from Home Depot. I only bought it to put nails through wood. That is my only expectation for its use. In the event that something/someone was attempting something life threatening to me or my family, it may or may not find another use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta say, a claw hammer might scare them. Long time ago, some dude pulled a knife and hammer on me (cross draw on both at the same time - quite dramatic). I knew he was gonna try and cut me with the knife, but the hammer caused me the most concern, it looked medieval, and I thought What the hey!!! (three letter acronym (TLA) beginning with WT was translated here) are you going to try to do me with that.

I didn't come up with that thing about a handguns' real use is to kill someone. One of the old-time, big name gun writers said it, but I can't remember who it was. I believe it. You don't have to. It's a free country. And I wasn't really trying to start an argument. But even my single-shot 357 Contender, which I use to hunt deer, it's ultimate purpose is to make me a better pistolero, so that if need be I can better defend myself with a handgun.

I didn't come up with that thing about a handguns' real use is to kill someone. One of the old-time, big name gun writers said it, but I can't remember who it was. I believe it. You don't have to. It's a free country. And I wasn't really trying to start an argument. But even my single-shot 357 Contender, which I use to hunt deer, it's ultimate purpose is to make me a better pistolero, so that if need be I can better defend myself with a handgun.

If you had to shoot someone in self defense and they were incapacitated and still breathing, would you put a couple of rounds in their head to be sure they were dead?

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, September 16, 2019 at 10:48 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, September 16, 2019 at 10:48 PM - No reason given

FPM_500.jpg

Well said !! AND, if "max" is that "willfully stupid and duplicitous" we should wonder if he is just a LWW or a "plant" to create friction.

Archived