What pocket holster for a S&W 442?

gLockedandLoaded

Anyone have any experience with the Galco pocket protector? Has good reviews on Amazon.

I've been using a Galco Pro 158 for the past five years or so and like it. Covers the trigger, stays put, very easy from which to draw and and breaks up the outline of the gun. ANd the price is right at about $25-$30.

The Remora for a J-frame is excellent, in that it works well as a pocket holster, and can be used as a no-clip IWB holster as well. I use a Remora for my 642 all the time. It stays put in my pocket and allows for an easy draw. Does not print the shape of the gun. Works even in jeans with somewhat small pockets.

Would I be correct assuming these pocket holsters are not model specific and work in general for all J frames? Also assuming the grips or sights should not really matter?

Most j frame holsters are set up for 2 1/8" barrels, and since virtually all j frames of that length are fixed sights, they're pretty much all set up the same.

Would I be correct assuming these pocket holsters are not model specific and work in general for all J frames? Also assuming the grips or sights should not really matter?

Most j frame holsters are set up for 2 1/8" barrels, and since virtually all j frames of that length are fixed sights, they're pretty much all set up the same.

The 640 pro series comes with factory night sites which are a little higher profile. When discussing regular holsters one owner at another forum had some front sight issues when drawing which is why I asked.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_766365_-1_795154_775658_757896_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

You'd be correct. They're pretty generic, sort of like a portable pocket that fits in your pocket, with a device and or texture to ensure it stays in your pocket during the draw. Here's a J frame with a Nemesis E1.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/28/93b0c85c1404c1598783d8592793c928.jpg

The 640 pro series comes with factory night sites which are a little higher profile. When discussing regular holsters one owner at another forum had some front sight issues when drawing which is why I asked. http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_766365_-1_795154_775658_757896_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

I expect that the 640 Pro may have some issues with the padded nylon or snug fitted suede. All of the molded holsters that I've seen personally have generous sight channels, much bigger than the "regular" pinned sight models.

I decided to go with the Galco pocket protector. I am very intrigued by the Remora holsters though...for both my Shield and the 442 that is on the way. Will these holsters fall out of your pants? I would be nervous about it.

I like their simple, utilitarian design though.

I went over to the Remora site and saw they are having a 40% off sale. I went ahead and ordered a basic IWB for my Shield and the 442. It was $40.73 for 2 holsters shipped.

Archived