Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

I did my renewal over phone in February 2019

they sent me a paper application within a couple days I filled it out same day mailed application following morning. I was finally able to log on to ISP website and it stills says pending on paper application. So either the post office lost my application or the ISP did. My CCL expired in 5 28 2019.

Did you keep a copy? You can mail another copy in and see what happens.

No I didn't have a copier. I hurried and mailed it off the following morning like an idiot. I've tried a 200 times calling ISP and 50 emails with no response. I called the one number and they said there is a 3 week waiting list for a return call. I wish there was a downloadable application I'd send another certified mail.

This state is pathetic. Hopefully Texas bound in two years.

Active today

Applied:4/14

Approved: 8/18

Active:8/14

120 days exact

May and July had 31 days... 122

I finally got threw on the phone to ISP they said they never received it which is either a crock or the post office lost it. So now ISP gonna mail another then I gotta wait 120 -200 days again.

So you aren't doing renewal and have to pay for a whole new license? 120-200 sounds accurate then.

My wife applied for foid & ccl renual w/ prints from the 1st time on 2/10

Saturday will be 6 months... so around 180 days.

Guess I'll have to find that magic number & start calling......6mo is starting to get a little rediculous.................[ trying to avoid the spell checker police ]

Did she get her foid card yet? If you factor in the time to renew the Foid first, that starts the clock for the CCL which would have been due around July 10, add in the extra time they are taking and it should be coming in the mail in the next couple of weeks. Unless there was a name/address change then add more weeks. No FOID yet

Not saying the ISP is right taking this long, just saying this reality at this point in time.

Thanks for the input Molly....

Same name...same address for the last 29 years.....& not even a traffic ticket......still waiting

Very strange thing just happened. I called the phone number listed on the State Police website. It rang and I was put on hold for the next operator. 25 minutes later I spoke to a real person!!!! I was just checking on when it is going active but was very surprised!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Renewal sent in 1/26/19 with no prints. At 120 days went to rejected because of training certificate. It had the last number of curriculum missing. New certificate sent in and went back to under review. Still there today. Does the 120 day start over? If so it will be September Before I get my card. I know I can carry under review but Damn this is getting ridicules. I keep a copy of the screen shot of under review and the copy of the law in my truck. Any Idea how long this will take? My card expired on 4/28/19. When I get my card will it start at when it expired or when it was issued? I know to many questions.

Renewal sent in 1/26/19 with no prints. At 120 days went to rejected because of training certificate. It had the last number of curriculum missing. New certificate sent in and went back to under review. Still there today. Does the 120 day start over? If so it will be September Before I get my card. I know I can carry under review but Damn this is getting ridicules. I keep a copy of the screen shot of under review and the copy of the law in my truck. Any Idea how long this will take? My card expired on 4/28/19. When I get my card will it start at when it expired or when it was issued? I know to many questions.

Assume the correction caused a reset and start over in the queue. Silly, but lack of people, lack of care to fix and who knows what work flow software if any is being used...

Currently, renewal card expirations have been 5 years from date of issue; however, a law was passed and recently signed to make them from card expire date but they have 6 months to implement that...who knows if they will make that timeline.

Hey guys Im a New App

New App on 4/24/19

Approved 8/19/19

Active 8/21/19

Todays 8/26/19 nothing in mail, how long can the mail out time take? Or whats the average time people receive theirs in?

State says wait for 4 weeks, but I think most see in 1 to 2 weeks. Printed cards need to be sorted, bunched and received by USPS for delivery. I suppose it could take ISP 1 day or 1 week to do that if they have no set schedule.

Is there another website other than the state police to see what’s going on? Someone told me

That there was.

In “what’s going on” do you mean the status?

If so I’m pretty sure since the ISP runs all things firearms in Illinois that no outside entity will have access to their web site and info.

That’s what I figured. Someone told me that was another Illinois site that can tell me what’s going on with my status and detailed reasoning on what agency objected and why. Other than that it’s 28 days since I received the objection so I guess all I can do is wait and see what the board of review says now.

Allow me to reply to my reply. lol

This very site here, Illinois Carry has as much information as you will find any where out there!

The heads of this site are in fact in touch with the processes and the people behind the decisions.

Can they find an exact answer, no.....but sometimes it’s yes!

The information that’s listed here about denials, under board reviews, etc is the most comprehensive out there.

Find the thread you think best describes your situation and then post there, people will show up! Field of Dreams........

Forms, Facts, Fun are all here to enjoy.

So I got the result on why I’m being objected. I have a report of domestic battery to which I was never convicted of at all. Who can help me out. Also mind you that it was my ex-wife who had made the reports against me and to which now that we are divorced have a better relationship as parents to my daughter and a mutual respect. Also I’m trying to get into the DEA and hoping that this doesn’t effect me for that.

So I got the result on why I’m being objected. I have a report of domestic battery to which I was never convicted of at all. Who can help me out. Also mind you that it was my ex-wife who had made the reports against me and to which now that we are divorced have a better relationship as parents to my daughter and a mutual respect. Also I’m trying to get into the DEA and hoping that this doesn’t effect me for that.

Have they asked you for a Response??

129 days in hand.

• 5/3 applied w/o prints.
  • 8/29 (day 118) QC verified.
  • 8/30 (day 119) approved.
  • 9/1 (day 121) I'm leaving the state for school until Thanksgiving. :ermm: At least I get a going away gift.

• 9/3 (day 123) active
  • 9/4 (day 124) issued
  • 9/9 (day 129) in hand

I'm disappointed in both how long this took and also that my card has this plastic sheet stuck on the front that is peeling off right out of the envelope. It's the part that has the stars and wavy lines printed on it. Probably shouldn't peel it off but its already flaking off the edges. For $153 it shouldn't be falling apart on day one! lol

Archived