Carry Configuration - Slacks and a Button-up Shirt

gLockedandLoaded

Curious what holster/belt/gun combination you wear when you are dressing business casual. I'm talking no jeans, no coat, just a pair of slacks and button-up shirt (tie optional :P).

Do you still wear a thick, bull style leather gun belt? Do you just wear a hybrid tuckable holster with clips?

When I find myself wearing this combination, I end up packing my Keltec P3AT in a Nemesis in the pocket. I would love to carry the Shield or XDS at the very least.

Curious how you make this work. Thanks!

I simply don't dress that way unless I am at work. My office is posted so...

Otherwise, I add a sport jacket to my attire and use my daily rig.

But you are tied to keeping your sport jacket on the whole time. What if you are somewhere really warm? It would look odd to sit there with your jacket on when everyone else has taken theirs off.

I'd wear it anyway. It hides my beer gut too.

I simply don't dress that way unless I am at work. My office is posted so...

Otherwise, I add a sport jacket to my attire and use my daily rig.

But you are tied to keeping your sport jacket on the whole time. What if you are somewhere really warm? It would look odd to sit there with your jacket on when everyone else has taken theirs off.

I would agree that the tuckable holster would do okay, but if you can't reasonably wear a suit coat or a sport jacket, why not cultivate wearing a nice vest......still business casual to just a step under semi-office-formal, but can conceal the grip of a IWB carried friend.

Added bonus, IF the boss happens to like the half step up in attire, it might go good later at review time.

In that attire, I wear a small deep tuckable holster (which still does have a small clip on to the belt which is visible), a dress belt, and a tiny pocket pistol. Anything else bulges too noticeably. It wouldn't be the easiest to deploy in a self-defense situation, but is the best I can come up with that is unobtrusive. Thankfully, I rarely have to wear business casual outside of work (which is posted).

A deep IWB tuckable , easy to blouse the shirt out enough to cover the holsters belt clip. I am fortunate to never worry about that but I did try it to see what I would do in that situation and that was my best option. I have tried the pocket style carry and never really cared for it much. I am fortunate enough to wear what I want and carry what I want at work so I feel blessed in that regards.

The universal solution to business-casual CCW is pocket carry. You aren't limited to a .380 or .32 ACP either. I have a Springfield XDs, .45 ACP and a Grizzle pocket holster. If you sense a potential threat, you can put your hand on the grip without escalating the situation. It's just as fast as a belt holster at that point. If the threat goes away, no one's the wiser.

I wear business casual at work and since it's a state building, no carry allowed. However, I do run errands before and after work and don't like being disarmed so i use a Crossbreed Bellyband and put it at belt level. The band keep my undershirt pulled down tight so I can blouse the shirt out a bit at the waist and cope with my OCD about my shirt being tucked in properly. Keeping the undershirt tight is a must for me as I am constantly re-tucking my shirt if it gets loose, old habit from the military and having my dress uniform shirt form fitted.

It's never been mentioned if it can be seen and my wife assures me it's not noticeable.

Edit: I carry a Bodyguard in those instances. Normal EDC is a Shield 9mm in an AG Cloaktuck 2.0.

The universal solution to business-casual CCW is pocket carry. You aren't limited to a .380 or .32 ACP either. I have a Springfield XDs, .45 ACP and a Grizzle pocket holster. If you sense a potential threat, you can put your hand on the grip without escalating the situation. It's just as fast as a belt holster at that point. If the threat goes away, no one's the wiser.

The only thing universal about CCW configurations is that nothing is universal. Pocket carry is dependent upon the size of the pistol and the size of the pocket. It also depends on what you have to carry in those pockets besides your EDC. Business causual slacks tend to have two front pockets and two back pockets. Between car keys, phone, loose change, knife, etc., keeping that all in the weak side pocket is not always an option. Personally, if I were to pocket carry, I would not want to have anything but the pistol and the pocket holster in that pocket. Just not practical for me, when a tucked IWB does the same job.

But hey, it works for you, so there's that! :)

Archived