NBC news tonight

brokenelbow

On NBC news tonight they did an article on all the shootings in Chicago this year. How much longer can the chicago politicians and our governer stick their heads in the sand and ignore the fact that other states with conceal carry are not having these problems on their streets?

It obvious to me that criminals run the Chicago streets and they don't obey laws. They clearly know that law abiding citizens obey the law and are not armed so they do what they want.

It it not time to make a change? How many more will be killed before a logical solution is approved in Illinois?

On NBC news tonight they did an article on all the shootings in Chicago this year. How much longer can the chicago politicians and our governer stick their heads in the sand and ignore the fact that other states with conceal carry are not having these problems on their streets?

It obvious to me that criminals run the Chicago streets and they don't obey laws. They clearly know that law abiding citizens obey the law and are not armed so they do what they want.

It it not time to make a change? How many more will be killed before a logical solution is approved in Illinois?

I think the sad part is that we even have to ask that question.

The current solution is obviously a failure. It is WAY past time we try something else.

I think the sad part is that we even have to ask that question.

The current solution is obviously a failure. It is WAY past time we try something else.

been asking that for 20years now.

But on Meet the Press this morning Rahm said crime was down 10% in Chicago. He repeated that a couple of times and was not challenged on it either. The shootings are just gang on gang and they are sending more police to get it under control :rolleyes:

Only because they're going back and recategorizing past crimes to "massage" the numbers.

It's the Chicago way.

AB

But on Meet the Press this morning Rahm said crime was down 10% in Chicago. He repeated that a couple of times and was not challenged on it either. The shootings are just gang on gang and they are sending more police to get it under control :rolleyes:

Only because they're going back and recategorizing past crimes to "massage" the numbers.

It's the Chicago way.

AB

If you have a shooting with 5 victims and you count it as 1 shooting it makes the numbers look better.

If the Rahmfather thinks he's doing such a great job how about he takes a nice long walk through Englewood without his security detail?

Think he's up to the task?

Yea...... CCW will not fix Chicago's gang problem. It will certainly give law abiding victims who chose to carrry a fighting chance, but most of these murders are gang bangers on gang bangers fighting over territory and drug sales. This problem is generational ..... and there is no good solution. (I mean, I have a few good solutions but I won't mention them here) ;)

Gooch

It all stems from prohibiting items and services that are desired by the public

When was the most recent news story about Al Capone's boys doing a drive-by over bootlegging turf? The War on Drugs is an abysmal failure. License the production and distribution of drugs, and the economic incentives for the gang bangers vanish. Who would buy on the corner when you can go to a DRUG store (like a liquor store) and get reliable, cheap, pure drugs without the threat of arrest?

Archived