Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

Ok, Final update. As noted earlier, this is for a non-resident licence

Submitted 07/06/18 (no prints)

QC verified 07/22/18 (may have been before this date, but it is when I found out about the Chrome status trick)

Approved 08/14/18

Active 08/22/18

Total 47 days. (Well, maybe a few more until I get it in the mail)

Final final update

QC verified 07/22/18 (may have been before this date, but it is when I found out about the Chrome status trick)

Approved 08/14/18

Active 08/22/18

Received 08/27/18 (postmarked 08/23/18)

So, 52 days total.

Note: I was sort of expecting it to specifically say it was a non-resident permit, but it appears to be a standard IL permit, but just with my TX address.

Day 102 and still at UNDER REVIEW (Submitted). They need to fire every single person in management at that office. Just kick them all out of the door. I am sure they all hate guns and don't want anyone with a license, so they make everyone wait. Hire new people that actually care about helping. There is no reason this process should take more than 30 days!! Sorry for the rant! Don't know if I will last the 5 years I need to be in this state.

Submitted: May 25, 2018 w/o prints

Day 95 and still showing submitted. Have tried the email trick three separate times and have never received a reply.

While I am certain the office responsible for approving these applications is understaffed and poorly managed like every other office in this state. Years of corporate work have taught me that appearances matter. I truly believe that making citizens wait almost the entire legally permitted time to approve these licenses (90/120 days) is a way for the state to appear that they are being delligent when approving these licenses. That way they do not appear negligent if the wrong person is approved for a license because of their poor management and lack of staff.

Day 102 and still at UNDER REVIEW (Submitted). They need to fire every single person in management at that office. Just kick them all out of the door. I am sure they all hate guns and don't want anyone with a license, so they make everyone wait. Hire new people that actually care about helping. There is no reason this process should take more than 30 days!! Sorry for the rant! Don't know if I will last the 5 years I need to be in this state.

I walked in to the Centre County PA Sheriff's Dept, and walked out with a PA LTCF in about 15 minutes. There is no explanation possible for why every IL CCL isn't in the mail on day 32.

There is no explanation possible for why changing your address results in your licenses being suspended for ~60 days.

There is no explanation possible for why someone who's CCL Instructor goofed up has their license revoked and it takes over a year to get it updated with a new training certificate.

None of their claims hold water. The reason for the completely screwed up processes and obvious IT malfunctions is because management wants it that way.

Not only does management not like guns or gun owners, but foot dragging and malfunctioning agencies is how they get more money. It's the government way.

Approved 08/14/18

Active 08/22/18

Final final update

Approved 08/14/18

Active 08/22/18

So, 52 days total.

Note: I was sort of expecting it to specifically say it was a non-resident permit, but it appears to be a standard IL permit, but just with my TX address.

So much for ISP's contention that non-resident applications are SO MUCH more difficult than for residents. If you were an IL resident, a no-prints application would take twice as long at least.

Approved 08/14/18

Active 08/22/18

Final final update

Approved 08/14/18

Active 08/22/18

So, 52 days total.

So much for ISP's contention that non-resident applications are SO MUCH more difficult than for residents. If you were an IL resident, a no-prints application would take twice as long at least.

Well, as I noted earlier, there are only two IL certified instructors in the whole state of TX. So unless you are lucky enough to be close to Dallas or Houston, it will not be easy (I had to drive 240 miles one way). Plus the IL non-resident fee is $300, plus the $175 for the class. So, while it may not have taken quite as long as some here have been waiting, it was not exactly easy. As for the prints, since I already have a TX licence and have had the complete background check for that (including prints) it really is senseless to need them. IMO it probably should have taken even less time than it did.

Wednesday I hit day 120 and Molly sent an inquiry into it for me and the same day they called me to tell me it was being looked into. Same day it went into approved so next week or so should finally have it in hand.

Mine still shows as UNDER REVIEW. Doing the inspect element trick, it shows as APPROVED. 113 days, so until its in my hand, will keep counting and of course waiting!

Wednesday I hit day 120 and Molly sent an inquiry into it for me and the same day they called me to tell me it was being looked into. Same day it went into approved so next week or so should finally have it in hand.

Mine still shows as UNDER REVIEW. Doing the inspect element trick, it shows as APPROVED. 113 days, so until its in my hand, will keep counting and of course waiting!

You guys are both close! Home stretch from here on out. Sucks that has taken so long. My wife is in the same boat. Day 98 or such for her and still at "Under Review" with the Inspect Element just showing "Submitted".

Applied: 5/22/18 (No prints)

Approved: 9/11/2018

Basically the full 120 days, the next week would've been the week of 9/22 which would've been 4 months. Checking the statuses on the page by using "inspect element" are useless in my opinion and just a way to waste time while you are anxious. It doesn't make your card come any faster. You will get it when you get it.

As many of you have figured out by now there is no queue, it's not that there were a lot of people ahead of you. You would wait the same amount of time if there was no one ahead of you. They just delay it because they don't want you to have it right away.

I applied 5/22 without prints, went active 9/11 still have not received it in the mail, I live in Cook County, it is 119 days today, terrible what they put us thru, I have seen some comments that have referred to contacting Molly B, who is Molly B ? old guy here so probably not up on everything, thanks for any help.

The 120 days without prints just counts up to the time it goes active, not to the days until received.

From active to received can be just a few days but to a few weeks. The main thing is you have not received it within 30 days , it should be reported to ISP.

I applied 5/22 without prints, went active 9/11 still have not received it in the mail, I live in Cook County, it is 119 days today, terrible what they put us thru, I have seen some comments that have referred to contacting Molly B, who is Molly B ? old guy here so probably not up on everything, thanks for any help.

The 120 days without prints just counts up to the time it goes active, not to the days until received.

From active to received can be just a few days but to a few weeks. The main thing is you have not received it within 30 days , it should be reported to ISP.

Thanks for responding, the Mailman just left, I have it in hand, 120 days.

Basically the full 120 days, the next week would've been the week of 9/22 which would've been 4 months. Checking the statuses on the page by using "inspect element" are useless in my opinion and just a way to waste time while you are anxious. It doesn't make your card come any faster. You will get it when you get it.

As many of you have figured out by now there is no queue, it's not that there were a lot of people ahead of you. You would wait the same amount of time if there was no one ahead of you. They just delay it because they don't want you to have it right away.

Active 9/11/2018

In hand 9/18/2018

About 1 week to print and mail it before you have it in hand.

Active 9/11/2018

In hand 9/18/2018

About 1 week to print and mail it before you have it in hand.

I can confirm the 1 week from print to hand. My wife went active Sep 17 and just received it in the mail yesterday.

Applied (no prints) - June 5th

Active - Sep 17

In Hand - Sep 24

Archived