JB to appojt new head of ISP?

steveTA84

https://www.bnd.com/news/local/article224822000.html

St. Clair County States Attorney Brendan Kelly is set to have a new job.

Gov. J.B. Pritztker is nominating Kelly to be director of the Illinois State Police, the administration confirmed to the Belleville News-Democrat.

Kelly, who has been states attorney since 2010, ran for Congress in this most recent election. Kelly, of Swansea, lost to incumbent U.S. Rep. Mike Bost, R-Murphysboro, and was a top Democratic recruit.

However during Kellys run, he received support from statewide officials, Gov. Pritzker, U.S. Rep. John Lewis, D-Georgia and former Vice President Joe Biden, among others. A move up to running a statewide agency could help raise his profile.

Wonder if hes going to make getting approved to teach the CCL classes more difficult?

http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pressdetails.cfm?ID=788

That said, he never seems to have said he opposed C&C

https://www.bnd.com/news/politics-government/election/article202220949.html

St. Clair County State's Attorney Brendan Kelly

Kelly is a Democrat who is running for Congress in the 12th District.

"I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. I have my FOID card right next to my state’s attorney badge. But I’m also part of the law enforcement team, and public safety cannot be a partisan issue. We have to make decisions based on evidence, and I think the discussions we’re having about tightening up our very fractured and leaky background check system is a place where we can make a significant amount of progress," Kelly said. "We definitely have to tackle the issue of mental health. We can’t stigmatize everyone with mental health (issues) and assume they are dangerous, but we have to develop sharper systems where we see overlap of firearms and mental health issues that could potentially pose a risk to public safety. And I think those are the areas where we could make tremendous amount of progress and that’s something I’ve done as a prosecutor."

He added: "One of the first things I did when I came in as state’s attorney, we noticed that we had folks who were defendants who had a gun but they had something in their background that indicated they shouldn’t have a firearm in the first place, but they were allowed to get a weapon. We went through hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of files in cases and found examples of people who had been adjudicated guilty, but mentally ill or unfit, or not guilty by reason of insanity, or they had some type of probate case where there was a question of their mental capacity. But because the law didn’t require those be reported to the State Police, there was no documentation of that in the computer system that would have kept them from getting a FOID card. So we went through and sent hundreds of orders in and got those folks properly documented in the background check system, but subsequently we were able to work together with Democrat and Republican state's attorneys and circuit clerks to change the law so that it’s automatically reported rather than requiring some heavy paperwork process. Those are the types of incremental steps we can take that will add up to having a tremendous impact on improving our public safety."

Should the semiautomatic weapons ban come back?

"If we limit this conversation to talking about just certain types of weapons, then I think we’ll wind up getting nothing done. I would rather focus on making sure we have people who are not allowed to have firearms, that we have them better identified so they don’t get any type of firearm, however you want to describe that firearm."

Has ever held a badge?

Knows how many points on a ISP star?

I really do not believe it matters. This is an administrative and policy-making position. That being said, I would hope that he actually holds the above quoted views, rather than merely speaking to the right-of-center constituency of the district in which he ran.

That was from less than a year ago and after Parkland. Luckily, it’s recent

Has ever held a badge?

I really do not believe it matters. This is an administrative and policy-making clout heavy position. That being said, I would hope that he actually holds the above quoted views, rather than merely speaking to the right-of-center constituency of the district in which he ran.

fixed

Has ever held a badge?

I really do not believe it matters. This is an administrative and policy-making clout heavy position. That being said, I would hope that he actually holds the above quoted views, rather than merely speaking to the right-of-center constituency of the district in which he ran.

fixed

How much did BJ pay him to sign on?

fixed

How much did BJ pay him to sign on?

Is BJ the former brother now sister?

I was a meeting once with him and we got to ask questions about his thoughts on carry conceal. He was actually very supportive, didn't like the carry signs because it makes businesses targets, and he would actually prefer open carry.

It was interesting listen to his answers. He was in a meeting with about an equal split of pro and anti supporters in the room.

This is a pay off for trying to win and losing. Of course he is NOT supportive of the 2nd Amendment or he would NOT be a democrap and he sure would not have gotten this job. He will bow to his puppet masters just like JB will

This.

The puppet will never publicly oppose the handler's position.

Add in the fact that St. Clair county is 2nd to corruption only to C®ook and the picture should be clear as mud.

Archived