It's been 5 years have we gained any additional carry zones?

any more suggestions? Off the top of my head I thunk up these.

THIS IS A GUN FREE ZONE - IT ENSURES CRIMINALS THEIR PREY HERE WILL BE UNARMED.

or

THIS IS A GUN FREE ZONE - YOUR SAFETY IS AT EXTREME RISK IF YOU ENTER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

or

THIS IS A GUN FREE ZONE - THIS MEANS ARMED CRIMINALS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME HERE.

Vinyl stickers are a bit more likely to get some official or shop keeper really p***** off. And a sign that refers to the No Guns sign, often in the panel of a glass door, might be hard to hang in a good spot to be clear what it is trying to convey. I still think the wording has to be more direct, saying that criminals will ignore No Guns signs and that legal carriers will add to the public safety.

"Vinyl stickers are a bit more likely to get some official or shop keeper really p***** off."

AND get you hassled for vandalism. If I were the sign owner and had to pry the durn thing off MY windows - you betcha I'm calling the cops to file a complaint. Now.....if it were applied with EZ peel adhesive like a post-it note? Maybe I'd let it go.

The ones I was looking at are the friction kind, no adhesive. Also I was thinking on public places, not private businesses. Not sure that is much better, but more in line with the topic here of getting the masses to think. I am definitely not advocating vandalism in any form.

I was trying to come up with a simple message, but these require context and would need to be very near a sign which is problematic. It is also the most convenient spot.

A better question is, what organizations are you a member of, that you donate to? Or are you the person who does none of that and expects them to fight for what you want for free while giving nothing in support?

Join the Illinois State Rifle Association.

Join Gun Owners of America.

Those are just two to start. There are many other organizations that need paying members.

If you shop on Amazon, set your Amazon Smile donation charity to Gun Owners Foundation. 1% of every purchase will go to them, and it won't cost you anything!

Imagine if everyone did this, how much stronger we could be to fight back.

Until Mike Madigan is no longer in control, it will take extraordinary measures to make any significant advances. PERIOD.

You have to understand that getting concealed carry in Illinois took extreme measures, and was a one shot event, where in HIS mind things went "back to normal".

We HAVE to have a combination of FEDERAL court intervention, as well as a SIGNIFICANT threat to his speakership (like we did back in 2013 etc) to make any headway.

YES, back then the blessed gunowners of non-chicago machine illinois posed a credible threat to the democrat majority in the state.

That's the ONLY thing that MOVED Madigan. (his super-secret / private polls showing the voter's moods in vulnerable districts)

and prompted his "the people of Illinois have CHANGED" speech that can be found on youtube.

BTW, in another vein - it is EXACTLY why that execrable FOID bill hasn't been run through the Senate - enough democrat senators are worried about electoral repercussions TO THEM.

MY HOPE: that the dumb democrats KEEP digging themselves into a deeper hole,

deep enough that all the dumb democrat voters down in there with them start feeling INTENSE PAIN from the vicinity of their wallets.

otherwise - this state is gonna get exactly what it deserves.

A better question is, what organizations are you a member of, that you donate to? Or are you the person who does none of that and expects them to fight for what you want for free while giving nothing in support? Join the Illinois State Rifle Association. Join Gun Owners of America. Those are just two to start. There are many other organizations that need paying members. If you shop on Amazon, set your Amazon Smile donation charity to Gun Owners Foundation. 1% of every purchase will go to them, and it won't cost you anything! Imagine if everyone did this, how much stronger we could be to fight back.

Including joining the Supporting Members Team here...

Archived