March for Our Rights - Saturday, July 7th, Chicago

Molly B.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:25 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:25 AM - No reason given

and did you see this?

VIP Anti-Gun Activist David Hogg Struts Through NYC With His Armed Guards

http://www.libertybugle.com/vip-anti-gun-activist-david-hogg-struts-through-nyc-with-his-armed-guards/

Again, Thank you for sharing this with me. It just got on http://drudgereport.com (most trending stories)

http://i.imgur.com/L9kgyfe.jpg

Im curious to know how many views it got on the ILCarry twitter feed. Whoever runs it, please PM me and let me know

They're sure not being coy about blocking an expressway:

https://www.chistrong.org/ryan-shut-down

DAN RYAN SHUT DOWN
Thousands showed up to Saint Sabina's Peace March but we can't
stop there. Now that the country has seen what is happening on the
south and west side of Chicago, it's time for action. We're going
to disrupt the flow of traffic July 7th to make sure they know we're
serious.

We invite all of Chicago because the answer belongs to all of
Chicago. No one gets a pass to bring peace.

What we'll do
DAN RYAN SHUT DOWN (10:00AM)

We will march on the Dan Ryan from 79th Street to 68th with a list of five demands carried overhead on a banner.

WHAT WE WANT

1.Resources for our communities
2.National Common Sense Gun Laws
3.Jobs
4.Excellent Schools
5.Economic Development

Dan Ryan Shut Down
Jul 07, 10:00 AM 79th Red Line Station

And unless I miss my guess, the Chicago Police Dept is NOT responsible to the Expressways in the city,
it's the Illinois State Police.

Of course the question emerges :
which selected the date first?

March 4 Our Rights (Downtown, Millenium Park's "great lawn" (which includes a stage))
or Flakey's "clog the dan ryan"... ("stealing thunder??")

edit - Flakey's intent to shut down the Dan Ryan has been trumpeted by the Tribune... (7/.25 online story)

Illinois State Police, which patrols the highway, is aware of the protest but declined to comment.

Just returned from two weeks in Florida with family. Nice to get out of the city for a while.

I love the list of Phaker's demands.

Resources for communities.

I am sorry, I have been resourced out. Use the money you got.

Edited by Molly B.

Please do not skirt the profanity filters. Thank you.

They're sure not being coy about blocking an expressway:https://www.chistrong.org/ryan-shut-down

DAN RYAN SHUT DOWNThousands showed up to Saint Sabina's Peace March but we can'tstop there. Now that the country has seen what is happening on thesouth and west side of Chicago, it's time for action. We're goingto disrupt the flow of traffic July 7th to make sure they know we'reserious.We invite all of Chicago because the answer belongs to all ofChicago. No one gets a pass to bring peace.What we'll doDAN RYAN SHUT DOWN (10:00AM)We will march on the Dan Ryan from 79th Street to 68th with a list of five demands carried overhead on a banner.WHAT WE WANT1.Resources for our communities2.National Common Sense Gun Laws3.Jobs4.Excellent Schools5.Economic DevelopmentDan Ryan Shut DownJul 07, 10:00 AM 79th Red Line Station

And unless I miss my guess, the Chicago Police Dept is NOT responsible to the Expressways in the city,it's the Illinois State Police.Of course the question emerges :which selected the date first?March 4 Our Rights (Downtown, Millenium Park's "great lawn" (which includes a stage))or Flakey's "clog the dan ryan"... ("stealing thunder??")

Judging by his list of "demands", Pfather Pfaker has confused catastrophes caused by Marxist policies with potential solutions by market based capitalism.

For those not in the "know", parking is UNDER Millennium Park - yes -
most of the land under the park is parking (pricey but convenient, online pre-purchase saves plenty of $$)
east of Columbus is also the new Millennium Park Lakeside garage.

Millennium Park (M.P. 2126 cars) and Millennium Park Lakeside (M.P.L. 3850 cars) parking garages are accessed
on Columbus drive with ramps down and up between Randolph and Monroe streets -
once in the underpass the M.P. Lakeside garage is to the east and the M.P. garage is to the west.
B.T.W. ABOVE the underpass and Columbus Drive itself right there is ALSO the shiny squiggly "BP Pedestrian Bridge"

M.P. garage has a stairway coming up into the park at the edge of the Great Lawn, ~100' east of the bean with
Two handicapped elevators UP at it's far south end (500'?) by Monroe Street and
One handicapped elevator UP at it's far north end (500'?) by Randolph Street.

Just for completeness:
Grant Park North Garage (1850 cars) is west of Millenium Park Garage but still bounded by Michigan Ave and Randolph St.
It is accessed by ramps going under the center of Michigan Ave.

(more to come - edited into this post.)

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:23 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:23 AM - No reason given

Mostly twitter, but bigger names are tweeting about it

Twitter is NOT press.

+1

Also if "bigger names" means Alex Jones, it only adds stink, not credibility.

The point of a rally should be to add credibility to the assertion that a large number of rational people are responsible gun owners and that firearms are reasonable tools for the exercise of our constitutionally protected right of self defense.

Hype and lunacy produce the opposite reaction.

> BIG GRIN<

Molly B - our kickstarter!!

Small actions, but in THE RIGHT PLACE, AT THE RIGHT TIME!!!

Knock 'em down Molly !!!

NOW: who's been to Millwnnium park and the parking garages ? Lately?

Gotta see if my evolving plan is feasible.

You can only do so much on Google.

• 2 weeks later...

Additional speakers confirmed...

march4ourrights Hey Chicago marchers! Our location and speakers are CONFIRMED! Go out to Millennium Park this Saturday to watch former Congressman Joe Walsh(@walsh_freedom ) and Rhonda Ezell(President of Chicago Guns Matter) speak! We hope to see you all there! You can RSVP at M4OR.org/rsvp-chi/

36687830_784656438590022_405643054616150

Additional speakers confirmed...

march4ourrights Hey Chicago marchers! Our location and speakers are CONFIRMED! Go out to Millennium Park this Saturday to watch former Congressman Joe Walsh(@walsh_freedom ) and Rhonda Ezell(President of Chicago Guns Matter) speak! We hope to see you all there! You can RSVP at M4OR.org/rsvp-chi/

I really want to go. Bad.

The entry to the parking garage(s) below millennium park is on Columbus Drive between Randolph (a generally westbound street) and Monroe.

The garage entry is below the BP silver snakey bridge and below Columbus Drive.

There are ramps going down in both directions. The outside lanes access the ramps, there is a reconfigurable ramp

in the center of Columbus northbound that could be entry OR exit. Traffic cones determine...

My directions have me going eastbound from the expressway on Washington to Michigan Ave,

Left turn onto Michigan ave north to Randolph where there is a right turn to head east (YES - TWO WAY THERE)

stay in the center lane for the ramp DOWN to the intersection of LOWER Randolph and Columbus drive.

UPPER Randolph has no way onto Columbus Drive.

At the LOWER Randolph and Columbus Drive intersection turn right to go south on Columbus drive

and stay in the right lane for the garage ramp.

Parking is pricey, but can be significantly discounted by early online purchase.

Do Taste of Chicago traffic alterations go into effect this weekend?

Tuesday, July 03, 2018 01:57PM

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Street closures are in place around Grant Park in preparation for Taste of Chicago.

Crews closed South Columbus Drive from East Balbo Drive to East Roosevelt Road Tuesday. East Congress Parkway was also closed Tuesday from the semi-circle South Columbus Drive.

Taste of Chicago begins Wednesday, July 11 and runs through Sunday, July 15.

Streets will be completely reopened Monday, July 16.

Monroe is the southern boundary of Millennium Park. It remains passable, my directions hold,

in fact I AVOIDED the "southern approach" using Monroe because of Taste...

Garages are also attracting Taste crowds... (sigh)

The following streets will be closed during the Taste of Chicago through Monday, July 16 at 4pm:

• Columbus, from Monroe to Balbo and from Balbo to Roosevelt (Balbo remains open to traffic)
  • Jackson, from Michigan to Lake Shore Drive
  • Congress, from Columbus to Congress Parkway semi-circle

Lessons I learned today. Advance plan something something illegal and publicize it. Demand that your illegal demands be me at or else violence will ensue. Carry out your illegal actions as the inept Illinois law enforcement will do nothing to enforce LAWS.

https://wgntv.com/2018/07/07/march-for-our-rights-organizers-in-10-cities-protest-for-gun-rights/

CHICAGO — Demonstrators who felt as though their right to bear arms is in danger have organized protests in at least 10 major cities as part of “March for Our Rights.”

The rally in Chicago started at 11 a.m. at Millennium Park. On the event’s Facebook page, fewer than 60 people committed to attending, and about 250 were interested in attending.

The event’s list of speakers included former Republican Congressman Joe Walsh.

Organizers of pro-gun rallies lament low turnout

Full story at link...

https://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2018/07/organizers_of_pro-gun_rallies.html

By The Washington Post

CHICAGO - Student-led rallies around the country on Saturday aimed to show support for gun rights, though their effort drew smaller-than-expected crowds in a bid to counter the well-funded and organized youth gun-control lobby that emerged after the massacre in a Florida high school earlier this year.

Here in Chicago, people rallied in a corner of Millennium Park. In Los Angeles, protesters yelled "gun rights are human rights" as they marched near Pershing Square. In Washington, an American flag billowed against a backdrop of the Capitol as attendees said guns are being used as scapegoats and that society's problems run deeper than firearms.

Students who say their views have been silenced in recent months as vocal gun-control advocates have been monopolizing attention used the marches as a way to raise awareness of their fears that hasty solutions could lead to an erosion of the Second Amendment.

Colin FitzSimmons, 13, of Algonquin, Illinois, spoke at the Chicago rally, sounding alarms that liberal gun-control efforts really want to "to disarm the populace." People held signs reading "we're not going away" and "take back gun rights."

"Our generation isn't going to embrace gun control," Colin said, noting that any changes to gun laws need to be carefully considered. "The devil is in the details."

The rallies come amid a wave of gun-control activism sparked by the February shooting that killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. It led to nationwide marches and backing from large groups and donors.

Organizers of Saturday's marches said many conservative students feel as though their views are not being taken into consideration in the debate about school shootings, and the marches on Saturday were planned as a way to show that not all students support gun control.

Planning for Saturday's rallies started in April, weeks after gun control rallies took place in Washington and other cities. Some of Saturday's organizers found one another on Instagram and Facebook and decided to speak out against what they saw as an attack on gun ownership. They expected a modest turnout on Saturday, but far fewer people showed up than organizers had hoped.

In Chicago, organizers planned for about 125 people, but the rally drew approximately 35. The group gathered in a corner of Millennium Park, not the great lawn, because organizers did not secure a permit and park security forced them to leave.

Earlier in the morning in the same city, hundreds of anti-gun violence protesters shut down 10 blocks of the Dan Ryan Expressway, one of the busiest interstates in the United States. Their march along the highway was in protest of gun violence and gun-related deaths in Chicago, and the disruption drew widespread attention - and some scorn, from groups including the National Rifle Association.

The Second Amendment activists gathered about an hour later.

Kevin Yan, an 18-year-old University of Chicago student, said he is "an outlier" at his school because he is passionate about the Second Amendment. He said he has never owned a gun and has never shot a gun, but he believes gun ownership is "a critical American tradition" and "really important for self-defense."

"The media always says the millennial generation has decided it's against gun rights," he said. "We are here to show that's not true."

"The goal is to be just as successful as March for Our Lives," Johnson said. "We want to outdo them."

Johnson said she was disappointed in the turnout.

"I don't know why more people didn't show up. I think a lot of conservatives are just afraid to show up for public events," she said through tears.

Tyler Yzaguirre, president of the Second Amendment Institute, told the gathering that although they were few in number, they would show the left that no one should be afraid to defend their rights.

Organizer Morgan Sachs greeted the group and thanked everyone for coming.

"The media doesn't seem to like to talk about pro-gun students, they only want to talk about anti-gun rhetoric," she said. "Our voices are going to be heard now."

Chicago is enemy territory. The low turnout is due to that. We are not going to change minds there. Ill bring up the Marengo shooting range town hall again, as 200 people showed up to that. Focus on areas where you have a chance on making an impact (suburbs), not in enemy territory. No one that is indifferent and wanted to learn attended that event, I can guarantee it. It was a bust because Chicago is gone, plain and simple.

Going forward, these groups need to focus on areas that are borderline left/right. Attempt to gain support from people in the middle. Fighting for gun rights in Chicago and expecting support is like a straight guy going to a gay bar to find a woman. It happens, but its rare

Archived