POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

I'm not sure if the "Wall of Shame" on the Posted app might lead some people to not go to locations that are not posted at all. It seems that many chains must leave the decision as to whether or not to Post up to the manager or possibly the franchise owner, because several businesses listed on the Wall of Shame have locations here in Rockford where I live that are not Posted. The Walgreens that frequent is not posted, Nor is the McDonalds, or the Subway. I would hope that gun owners not penalize a business that is not Posted just because others owned by the company or by other franchise owners has decided to ban guns.

There are a few Buffalo Wild Wings that are not posted (even some that do not have the generic no weapons language on their doors). I don’t know if it is an oversite, or the franchisee doesn’t agree with the rule. Either way, I patronize those locations.

I'm not sure if the "Wall of Shame" on the Posted app might lead some people to not go to locations that are not posted at all. It seems that many chains must leave the decision as to whether or not to Post up to the manager or possibly the franchise owner, because several businesses listed on the Wall of Shame have locations here in Rockford where I live that are not Posted. The Walgreens that frequent is not posted, Nor is the McDonalds, or the Subway. I would hope that gun owners not penalize a business that is not Posted just because others owned by the company or by other franchise owners has decided to ban guns.

The "Wall of Shame" is businesses who have the most locations posted. McDonalds & Subway are just a matter of volume. They leave the decision to the individual franchisees, and they're both so big that the anti-gun franchises are enough to make the list. I would suspect that far fewer than 10% of McDonalds and Subways post anti-gun.

I agree that one should make their decision on a location-by-location basis. There is the option to add "pro-gun / neutral" for a location which isn't posted. I hope this helps!

I should check out the Buffalo Wild Wings here in Rockford. I used to enjoy their wings, but had a hard time with the noise level in their restaurants. Putting up "No Guns" signs was enough to make sure I did not patronize.

The BWW in Sterling IL has no signage.

Eugene

I should check out the Buffalo Wild Wings here in Rockford. I used to enjoy their wings, but had a hard time with the noise level in their restaurants. Putting up "No Guns" signs was enough to make sure I did not patronize.

I don’t go there very often but two. Y me have just words as their gun free zone signs. Not the proper sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baxter Credit Union. No signage.

However, they do not support the Second. I HAD a personal account with them and attempted to open a business account. Baxter Credit Union or BCU said they have a policy about not doing business with firearm companies. So long story short I closed the personal account because Baxter does not respect nor support the Second amendment.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hilton in Oak Brook Hills recently posted. I really think we can change this one.

Would you mind sending a short, message

Hilton_Direct_RFP@hilton.com

Email sent. I have a nice "stock" anti-gun posting email that I just change the name and a couple of details. :) But I don't expect any response. There are an awful lot of Hiltons who are posted, and they've all ignored me (and others) in the past. Consider switching to Marriott / Starwood properties. They are overall much more carry-friendly.

From my research, usually Hilton, Hyatt & Holiday Inn are frequently anti-gun on their various properties. Usually (but not always), Marriott, Starwood, Best Western are not posted. Of all the chains, I think Hilton is the most anti-gun. :(

• 5 weeks later...

I noticed no carry sign in a restaurant near my house but it is a round sticker that doesnt have Illinois code numbers on it. Is that still a sign I have to abide to? Anybody with an answer?

Now the question is do you want to if they don't want you?

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed no carry sign in a restaurant near my house but it is a round sticker that doesnt have Illinois code numbers on it. Is that still a sign I have to abide to? Anybody with an answer?

Not a legal sign. Carry on.

Why give business to some place that doesn't want you to exercise your 2A rights when there are good alternatives which do not seek to infringe on those rights?

Why give business to some place that doesn't want you to exercise your 2A rights when there are good alternatives which do not seek to infringe on those rights?

It's all about perspective.

Many, many places have had various "no guns" signs since long before it was legal to carry... so I see that as them telling criminals not to illegally carry guns into their establishment, as dumb as that sounds.

The only way I know someone doesn't want me to enter their business while legally carrying my concealed firearm is if they post the one and only sign that conveys that message.

Many, many places have had various "no guns" signs since long before it was legal to carry... so I see that as them telling criminals not to illegally carry guns into their establishment, as dumb as that sounds.

The only way I know someone doesn't want me to enter their business while legally carrying my concealed firearm is if they post the one and only sign that conveys that message.

I know a bar/restaurant that posts the statutory sign but without the statute listed on it as required. They are just over 51% liquor revenue over food, but want their regulars to be able to carry and post as mandated by law. This way, their regulars aren’t breaking the law, because it’s not a legal sign and they are technically compliant, because they are posted. Of course their intent is to skirt the law, but that would have to be proven.

I know a bar/restaurant that posts the statutory sign but without the statute listed on it as required. They are just over 51% liquor revenue over food, but want their regulars to be able to carry and post as mandated by law. This way, their regulars aren’t breaking the law, because it’s not a legal sign and they are technically compliant, because they are posted. Of course their intent is to skirt the law, but that would have to be proven.

They are not compliant. The standard set by the ISP requires that the specific reference to the statute appears on the sign - "Pursuant to 430 ILCS 66/65".

Whether some LEO or inspector will call them out on this is another question. For instance, I do not know if this could have any effect on their liquor license.

Laws are not always strictly enforced. One mile over the speed limit is a violation, but officers typically allow 5 or 10 MPH over the limit before pulling someone over. Some lack of enforcement for certain laws may be from a no harm, no foul attitude on the part of the police. In the case of the bar no one may care about strict compliance. If there is a shooting with death or injuries, the police or a lawyer may look more closely at compliance. "If there had been proper signage those women would not have had guns in the establishment, and my client's child would not have been killed in the crossfire".

It is better to be in compliance and let the customers decide on which risk they will take.

They are not compliant. The standard set by the ISP requires that the specific reference to the statute appears on the sign - "Pursuant to 430 ILCS 66/65".

Whether some LEO or inspector will call them out on this is another question. For instance, I do not know if this could have any effect on their liquor license.

Laws are not always strictly enforced. One mile over the speed limit is a violation, but officers typically allow 5 or 10 MPH over the limit before pulling someone over. Some lack of enforcement for certain laws may be from a no harm, no foul attitude on the part of the police. In the case of the bar no one may care about strict compliance. If there is a shooting with death or injuries, the police or a lawyer may look more closely at compliance. "If there had been proper signage those women would not have had guns in the establishment, and my client's child would not have been killed in the crossfire".

It is better to be in compliance and let the customers decide on which risk they will take.

I know they are not compliant. They know they are not compliant. The sign has no legal implications on carriers because it is not the statutory sign. But it LOOKS compliant. Five years running with that sign and they still have their license.

Your friends should talk to their lawyer, who can explain the risk involved. The liquor license is not threatened. It is not going to be revoked on a single simple violation. If some person in authority calls them out on the sign, they can simply replace it with a compliant one. If they are sued over a shooting and the non-compliant sign, they may have bigger problems. Those customers that they are "helping" are not going to come and pay their legal fees or judgements against them in a suit.

That they had done this for 5 years without problems means little. People ignore or violate laws often without repercussions. Telling an officer that you have been speeding for years will not get your out of a ticket. We have all seen people at the range violate safety rules and no injuries happen. That does not mean it is OK to use unsafe practices.

Again, they should talk to their lawyer.

Your friends should talk to their lawyer, who can explain the risk involved. The liquor license is not threatened. It is not going to be revoked on a single simple violation. If some person in authority calls them out on the sign, they can simply replace it with a compliant one. If they are sued over a shooting and the non-compliant sign, they may have bigger problems. Those customers that they are "helping" are not going to come and pay their legal fees or judgements against them in a suit.

That they had done this for 5 years without problems means little. People ignore or violate laws often without repercussions. Telling an officer that you have been speeding for years will not get your out of a ticket. We have all seen people at the range violate safety rules and no injuries happen. That does not mean it is OK to use unsafe practices.

Again, they should talk to their lawyer.

Not my friends. I don’t even like the place.

But I’ve also seen MANY places who want to post as GFZ and unintentionally post the wrong sign. Not my problem in either case.

It's not 51% food vs liquor, it's gross receipts. That could include room rentals, catering, etc. The biggie is the gambling machines. I've heard there can be 10-20k/month profit to the business from them. That is included in their gross receipts.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok need your help once more. The sales manager agreed to remove the sticker if people want him to. This is an easy one. I quick, polite, simple email is all it will take. " I was interested in buying a Kia but I wouldn't consider your location because of the no gun sticker on the service door."

erik@dealer-care.com

This is for the Acura/Kia dealer in Elmhurst

Thanks so much guys.

Ok need your help once more. The sales manager agreed to remove the sticker if people want him to. This is an easy one. I quick, polite, simple email is all it will take. " I was interested in buying a Kia but I wouldn't consider your location because of the no gun sticker on the service door."

erik@dealer-care.com

Thanks so much guys.

Good for you. I got the sticker off the Acura side a while back under a different manager, but he left and they came back but only on a couple doors. I was told it depended on the manager. The KIA side had always been posted but had not tried making change there. I dont remember if their wifi had firearm filters or not.

erik@dealer-care.com

Thanks so much guys.

Good for you. I got the sticker off the Acura side a while back under a different manager, but he left and they came back but only on a couple doors. I was told it depended on the manager. The KIA side had always been posted but had not tried making change there. I dont remember if their wifi had firearm filters or not.

I was shopping for an Acura last weekend, and can confirm the Napleton Acura dealer doesn't have a sign. (In fact, I drove to that dealer because a much closer dealer DID have a sign and I wouldn't go there...) I did see the sign on the Kia dealer, but it's only on the "parts" entrance on the side, and not the main entrance. I will send a polite email anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived