Photo

Giffords Afraid of Ghosts

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,454 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

https://apnews.com/7...r&utm_medium=AP

Giffords group asks web hosts to shut down ghost gun* sites

By MICHAEL BALSAMO

LOS ANGELES (AP) A gun control group founded by former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords asked two web hosting companies on Friday to shut down websites selling parts and machines that help make untraceable homemade firearms known as ghost guns.

The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence asked the providers that host GhostGunner.net and GhostGuns.com to disable the websites for violating the hosting companies terms of service.
Attorneys for the gun control advocacy group ... argue that the hosting companies, Shopify and DreamHost, should invoke their ability to disable and terminate the websites. ...

Cody Wilson, who runs GhostGunner.net, said the products he sells on his website are legal and in compliance with federal regulations. He has said although there is no legal requirement that he conduct background checks, he tries to take precautions to make sure the weapons arent used nefariously.

This is an attempt to apply pressure to deplatform a legal, American business selling legal products to law-abiding customers, he said.

* "Ghost Gun" is a creation Senator Kevin de Leon:

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• Supporting Members Team
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

Saw this earlier. It's looking like along with the name change these folks are getting aggressive...well...passive aggressive. They can't do anything about a legal product that they don't like so instead they attack the ability to do web commerce.

#3 biggun 1

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

https://apnews.com/7...r&utm_medium=AP

Giffords group asks web hosts to shut down ghost gun* sites

By MICHAEL BALSAMO

LOS ANGELES (AP) A gun control group founded by former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords asked two web hosting companies on Friday to shut down websites selling parts and machines that help make untraceable homemade firearms known as ghost guns.

The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence asked the providers that host GhostGunner.net and GhostGuns.com to disable the websites for violating the hosting companies terms of service.
Attorneys for the gun control advocacy group ... argue that the hosting companies, Shopify and DreamHost, should invoke their ability to disable and terminate the websites. ...

Cody Wilson, who runs GhostGunner.net, said the products he sells on his website are legal and in compliance with federal regulations. He has said although there is no legal requirement that he conduct background checks, he tries to take precautions to make sure the weapons arent used nefariously.

This is an attempt to apply pressure to deplatform a legal, American business selling legal products to law-abiding customers, he said.

* "Ghost Gun" is a creation Senator Kevin de Leon:

senator de leon sure is a bright one,typical lib,all mouth no brains.

#4 handyflyer

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

My brain hurts just watching that video

#5 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

So, Kelly and his pimped-out wife Gabby are going to shut down Harbor Freight, too?

"...selling parts and machines that help make untraceble home made firearms..."

Harbor Freight sells bench mounted arbor presses. With an arbor press, you can bend flats into AK15 recievers which shoot 30,000,000 bullets per minute out of high capacity 1,000,000 clips.

They going to shut down Enco Inc or it's successor now?.....you can buy a small bridgeport milling machine on that site, no questions asked.

How about Ace Hardware?  you can buy drills in those stores. Drills used to drill the needed holes in fully automatic AR47s!!!!!   Whaaaa!!!!!! 

#6 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,428 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

I have to post this every time :)

post-3474-0-19105200-1488253909.png

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#7 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:30 AM

They wanna shut down every site that sells LPKs, lower parts, drill bits, aluminum, ones with with templates for lower pin holes? Oh, OK. I'm sure that doesn't run afoul of the First Amendment /sarcasm. And the "drill bit" and "tools" ban wouldn't survive rational basis as it's about as stupid as can be. Rational basis for banning arbor presses is to possibly keep guns off the street? Hah there is no RATIONAL basis. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Edited by skinnyb82, 26 November 2017 - 07:32 AM.

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#8 TomKoz

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:01 AM

Let’s sue to have all ISP’s to shut down all gun control websites as those sites advocate against a civil Right - the 2nd Amendment!!
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#9 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

So who ya gonna call, Giffords?

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#10 chislinger

• 5,549 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

Without net neutrality it's much easier to do.
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#11 JTHunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

De Leon is such a PUTZ !!

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#12 yurimodin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:05 PM

its not like we cant revert to mail/phone ordering since most of the fudds refuse to learn how to use a computer anyway......everytime I order from Natchez or Midway I get a 5lb paper catalog because they know alot of gun guys are "I aint learnin dem 'putters"

#13 Nanook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

So let's see, she was shot by a leftwing loon with a Glock. So naturally, she is going after semi-auto rifles and thinks somehow that if the rifle is made out of parts it's more dangerous. 

Right, got it. 

yurimodin, it's been a while since I received a Midway catalog. Are they printing them again? That would be great. 

#14 yurimodin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

So let's see, she was shot by a leftwing loon with a Glock. So naturally, she is going after semi-auto rifles and thinks somehow that if the rifle is made out of parts it's more dangerous. 

Right, got it. 

yurimodin, it's been a while since I received a Midway catalog. Are they printing them again? That would be great. 

IIRC there was a catalogg in my last midway order(it went in the trash). Natchez sent a 2" thick master catalog with my last order(gave it to my Dad since he was hunting a paper catalog of some kind)

#15 Osh

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

Just a little reminder

Attached Thumbnails

• 22540138_1667643459955153_4453022607096137191_n.jpg

#16 chislinger

• 5,549 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

Just a little reminder

I can't hold shooting Justin Bieber against her. I just can't!
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users