Any idea how long appeals take?

Hello, I hope you guys can help me. I wanted to join my husband in shooting clays and target practice and applied for a FOID card. I had some arrests in my life and thought one was a felony. I put that on my application thinking I would appeal it because of the last 35 years of being an upstanding citizen shouldn't be a problem to do so. However, after I sent in my app I looked up my arrests and turns out the most I have is public disturbance. No felonies at all. So, I inadvertently answered I had a felony. I sent in all the forms they require for appeals along with my arrest record. Thanks in advance for any info.

Hello, I hope you guys can help me. I wanted to join my husband in shooting clays and target practice and applied for a FOID card. I had some arrests in my life and thought one was a felony. I put that on my application thinking I would appeal it because of the last 35 years of being an upstanding citizen shouldn't be a problem to do so. However, after I sent in my app I looked up my arrests and turns out the most I have is public disturbance. No felonies at all. So, I inadvertently answered I had a felony. I sent in all the forms they require for appeals along with my arrest record. Thanks in advance for any info.

With FOID appeals, the status remains as 'denied' or 'revoked' until the appeal is resolved and does not change to 'appeal under review' like it does for CCL appeal.

Inadvertent YES answer appeals seem to be taking anywhere from 6 months to a year. Please keep us posted on your status. The info will be very helpful to others.

My appeal is approaching 100 days and not so much as a peep from the state. I hope yours is resolved faster then mine, but chances are good you'll be stuck in "Appeal Under Review" purgatory for a while.

Does your login indicate you are under review? Mine just says "denied". I only sent it 3 weeks ago.

Mine says "Appeal Under Review"

So your appeal was denied or your original filing/application was denied?

With FOID appeals, the status remains as 'denied' or 'revoked' until the appeal is resolved and does not change to 'appeal under review' like it does for CCL appeal.

Inadvertent YES answer appeals seem to be taking anywhere from 6 months to a year. Please keep us posted on your status. The info will be very helpful to others.

The inadvertent "yes" to one of the preliminary questions (which a few are written so vaguely that even watching Dr. Phil could constitute being a patient of a mental health facility or treatment center haha)

is what got me. I've sent 2 emails so far to the ISP and from the looks of things they could care less. I'm not buying they are over burdened as most of not all of the registrations/applications are submitted electronically with a verdict assigned by merely presses the left mouse button a couple of times.

I'm trying to decide if I need to go re-take my CCL class simply based on the time that has passed from my original filing, to the filing of my appeal with supporting documentation.

I have given thought about contacting Mike Unes and the Governor via formal letter but I'm not sure what good it would do if any.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...