Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

So it sounds like you guys are all renewing 3-4 months in advance. Is that by their specific recommendation or are you just doing it as soon as the system allows?

It is a personal decision. The expiration date of the new card will be 5 years after issuance, not 5 years after the expiration date of the original CCL.

Some delay renewing early because they feel that they are getting less for their money - "Why pay for 10 years of licensure (original + renewal fees), but only get 9 years and 9 months for actual licensure"?

Others are concerned that they might forget if they do not renew right away. Others fear that the new administration will slow down or inhibit the process in some other way.

We can still carry on an expired CCL if an application has been submitted, but they feel it would be awkward if they had to show the card to a LEO, especially out of state.

So it sounds like you guys are all renewing 3-4 months in advance. Is that by their specific recommendation or are you just doing it as soon as the system allows?

It is a personal decision. The expiration date of the new card will be 5 years after issuance, not 5 years after the expiration date of the original CCL.

Some delay renewing early because they feel that they are getting less for their money - "Why pay for 10 years of licensure (original + renewal fees), but only get 9 years and 9 months for actual licensure"?

Others are concerned that they might forget if they do not renew right away. Others fear that the new administration will slow down or inhibit the process in some other way.

We can still carry on an expired CCL if an application has been submitted, but they feel it would be awkward if they had to show the card to a LEO, especially out of state.

This. A new governor, a new ILGA, a new review board, and who knows about potential changes at ISP...for some getting renewals done now may offer some peace of mind.

03-20-19 Expiration Date

11-20-18 Renew Button Available

11-21-18 Renewal Submitted

Prints Submitted With Original Application

12-05-18 "APPROVED">Under Review

Only 14 days.

Is ISP getting faster?

Two others reported 29 and 33 days. Both applied in the last days of October.

If there is no LE objection period for renewals, that would (should) take 30 days off of the wait.

Expiration 2/28/2019

renewal submitted 12/18/1018 (with instructor training exemption)

Approved 12/06/2018 - new expiration 12/06/2023

Elapsed - 18 calender - 14 business days (13 if you subtract Thanksgiving)

I went active today. Not QC approved, Active.

02/27/14 CCL Applied For

02/27/19 CCL Expiration Date

10/30/18 Renew Button Available

10/30/18 Renewal Submitted (Prints Submitted With Original Application/instructor status)

01/21/19 Renewal Application Expiration Date

12/05/18 "APPROVED" Under Review

12/06/18 "ACTIVE" ACTIVE

Active 12/06/18

Expires 12/06/23

Total days to process: 38

zoz

Expiration date 02-28-2019 applied for renewal 10-31-2018

Dec. 3 inspect element indicates Approved. I applied with prints the first time. Waiting...

I didn't have to wait long. Checked it today (Dec. 6) and status is ACTIVE. So about 36 days. I haven't received it yet, hopefully in the next few days.

Current CCL expires 2/28/2019

Submitted renewal 10/31/2018

Active 12/6/2018

Now my current one will Expire on 12/6/2023

I don't mind because at my age I have to do things as they are presented to me as I don't have time to wait.

Current CCL expires 2/28/2019

Submitted renewal 10/31/2018

Active 12/6/2018

Now my current one will Expire on 12/6/2023

I don't mind because at my age I have to do things as they are presented to me as I don't have time to wait.

My feeling exactly. I very seriously doubt that I’ll be living in Illinois in 2023.

Archived