Hi point c9 9mm

jnaese08

Can anyone give me any information on the hi point c9 9mm? I know they arent very much. i have been looking at reviews and its either you love it or hate it. im just wondering if anyone from here has owned one or knows someone that has/or has had one.

Thank you

Josh

JOSH

Two questions I can answer in one day. I'm personally not a big fan of the Hi-point. Although I do have one in 9mm and it's compensated. I bought it on a whim at the Kankakee county gun show a few years back. Not a bad gun, but I prefer the Glocks.

I bought it before I knew a whole lot about guns, and yes they are inexpensive. But, you get what you pay for. Would this be your first purchase ?? If so, I would offer you the opportunity to come over and look at my hi-point and Glocks if you like to put you hands on them to see first hand if it's what you truly want.

The reason I make the offer is because we all have been to gun stores and get the opinion of the guy behind the counter and at times that may not be the best information available. Just a thought, if intersted, send me a PM and we can talk

KING

Sadly they are on the Cook County banned list, but based on my Hi Point 995 carbine (which is now living in Indiana) they make a very functional, fuggly, accurate, reliable, heavy, large, All American made, lifetime warranteed series of pistols and carbines. They are the USA version of AKs. All they do is simply go bang every time with purt near any ammo with little or no maintenance.

They get bad press as being 'gang-banger' pistols or whatever and usually (not always) get the worst word of mouth from those who have never owned and fired them. Of course they won't give you any 'rich toy' braggin' rghts at the range either. But the darned things just work.

You said they have a livetime warranty? what does that all cover? anything on the gun? Im not looking for something expensive or flashy im looking for something that will be compact and easy to carry when the law allows it. How does it shoot/accurecy wise compaired to a smith or a glock or a ruger?

thank you everyone so far for helping me out on my first choice on buying a gun.

I have had expensive guns and I have had cheaper guns. If they go bang don't let anyone's opinion deter you from buying them. I have heard good things about them and a few bad, but I have also heard good things about $800 guns and also some bad. Find the ammo that works best and enjoy it.

I had FIE's, Arminius, and a few other way off brands as a kid. Guess what? they all went bang and hit where I aimed. I am trying to think of a bad firearm and I can only come up with one. That's any firearm that the anti's take away from us.

Shoot away and enjoy. By the way some of the cheaper guns I had years ago are now worth lots of money.

im looking for something that will be compact and easy to carry when the law allows it.

Uhhhh You dont want a Hi-Point then unless you are 12' 7" and 735 pounds then you may be able to conceal it. You would be hard pressed to conceal a Hi-Point in the trunk of a Prius!! I have never owned one but have sold a few & the people that bought them love them, they always go bang!! They are ugly as sin & heavy and big but they work.

im looking for something that will be compact and easy to carry when the law allows it.

Uhhhh You dont want a Hi-Point then unless you are 12' 7" and 735 pounds then you may be able to conceal it. You would be hard pressed to conceal a Hi-Point in the trunk of a Prius!! I have never owned one but have sold a few & the people that bought them love them, they always go bang!! They are ugly as sin & heavy and big but they work.

Thank You Kenny

The one I have my eyes on doesnt look that big compaired to the smith & wesson. I wish there was a dealer around my area that I could go and look at more then what Ive seen.

Does anyone know of a dealer in the Kankakee area?

For not a whole helluva lot more money than you'll pay for the Hi Point, you could have a very reliable and much, much nicer Ruger P-series pistol. Just a thought.

Is there a website i can go to and look at them and priceing? Im looking at spending around $200 to $300

http://www.impactguns.com/store/736676130153.html

Take a look.

I bought one from a local dealer as a gift to my folks for about $335 a couple months ago. I've handleld the Hi Point and shot it. I'm not gonna bad mouth it, but the Ruger is a LOT more gun and very good quality.

For not a whole helluva lot more money than you'll pay for the Hi Point, you could have a very reliable and much, much nicer Ruger P-series pistol. Just a thought.

Is there a website i can go to and look at them and priceing? Im looking at spending around $200 to $300

http://www.impactguns.com/store/736676130153.html

Take a look.

I bought one from a local dealer as a gift to my folks for about $335 a couple months ago. I've handleld the Hi Point and shot it. I'm not gonna bad mouth it, but the Ruger is a LOT more gun and very good quality.

Wow I can visually see a differance on gunbroker.com . The Ruger looks better built.

Thank you for showing me that and suggesting that

http://www.impactgun...6676130153.html

Take a look.

Wow I can visually see a differance on gunbroker.com . The Ruger looks better built.

Thank you for showing me that and suggesting that

The fit and finish is much better.

You're welcome. Glad to help!

Does anyone know of a dealer in the Kankakee area?

April 16-17 there is a gun show at the Kankakee fairgrounds. Not the best selection around (as far as gun shows go), but probably more that the average shop might have. Prices are average, but now and then you can find a deal.

Thanks

I knew the gun show was coming up but I didnt know when. I hope my foid card is in by then.

I have a C9, no problem transporting it and a magazine in an Uncle Mikes federal size fanny pack, been doing so for 5 years. Hard to ****? I can remove load and fire in 6 seconds. Lifetime guarantee for anyone who owns it. No its not a Glock, poor mans Glock you might call it. It comes with an 8 round magazine, but there is an optional 10 round, that I like. It is not real easy to disassemble.

It does have red or yellow 3 dot sights that I like.

You may want to take up The King on his offer to look at the C9 and a Glock. You could come over to my place bring some ammo and you could shoot it out in the yard, but I'm a long way from Kankakee.

I have a C9, no problem transporting it and a magazine in an Uncle Mikes federal size fanny pack, been doing so for 5 years. Hard to ****? I can remove load and fire in 6 seconds. Lifetime guarantee for anyone who owns it. No its not a Glock, poor mans Glock you might call it. It comes with an 8 round magazine, but there is an optional 10 round, that I like. It is not real easy to disassemble.

You may want to take up The King on his offer to look at the C9 and a Glock. You could come over to my place bring some ammo and you could shoot it out in the yard, but I'm a long way from Kankakee.

Thanks junglebob

I did talk to The King and we are going to get together so I can see each one. Whats a long way from kankakee?

Thanks junglebob

I did talk to The King and we are going to get together so I can see each one. Whats a long way from kankakee?

About 280 miles. If thats not a long way for you come on over.

Thanks junglebob

About 280 miles. If thats not a long way for you come on over.

Lol ya that is kinda long way. Well not for me but I don't think my wife would want to take a trip that long.

Thank you anyways

Ill add my .02 here. I actually own 3 hi points, a C9, a .40 and the 9mm carbine. I really love all 3. They go bang every time. The .40 was my 1st gun. I would recomened them to any entry level person trying to get into shooting because they are inexpensive and the warrenty is 2nd to none. They will fix just about anything you do to it. American made and hey if it jams or you run out at least you now have a tactical brick :rolleyes:

I have owned the C9 and currently own the 380. Yes it is klunky, but I carry it on a hip holster all day when hiking my property and dong my general farm chores. I can also conceal it in the small of my back , but I'm 6 ft 280 lbs so I've got a nice " pocket" back there LOL.

As far as reliability, The 9 I only had one single failure to fire in the 2000+ rds that I ran through it, and it was due to a bad primer on cheap ammo.

Accuracy is is very good to, I shoot just as good with it as any other gun.

Take down is not hard at all, All you have to do is push 1 pin Check out Youtube videos of the field strip, it's certainly easier than my Rugger 22/45 I can never remember on the Ruger when I have to point the barell up and when to point it down and what not and so forth just to properly get things to fall into place to close it up.

Keep in mind this is just your first gun. You WILL get more and probably fairly quickly. The only advice I'd give is whatever you buy, don't ever sell it. I have my own seller's remorse story regarding a 9 shot .22 revolver with an interchangable cylinder for .22 magnum. If I could, I'd buy it back for 3 or 4 times what I sold it for. Oh well...

post-999-130036839282.jpg

Keep in mind this is just your first gun. You WILL get more and probably fairly quickly. The only advice I'd give is whatever you buy, don't ever sell it. I have my own seller's remorse story regarding a 9 shot .22 revolver with an interchangable cylinder for .22 magnum. If I could, I'd buy it back for 3 or 4 times what I sold it for. Oh well...

post-999-130036839282.jpg

PPk You said a mouth full there. I have only sold out right 2 guns both times when I was young and dumb and needed cash. one was a super red hawk 44 and the other was my highpoint 9. Kicked myselft in the butt over both of those, especially the 44, I have onwed 3 additional 44s that I eneded up trading off because none of them shot as sweet as that first.

Trust. Me my first gun I won't sell. I just wish my foid card would come in so I can go buy one now lol thank you all for your advice

I hear ya, I'm waiting on my renewal to show up. I'm wanting a new gun but dont want to get caught up in limbo so I'm waiting. And as far as the Hi Point goes. For $125 and a lifetime waranty how can you go wrong?

my wife has one and it works great. she hates it though because its to heavy. so now i want to sell it to the first bidder.

$25 :rolleyes:

*edit*

I know this may seem insulting at first, but by the time I either pay for gas to pick it up or pay to have it shipped and then pay to have a FFL transfer it into my name, I could have purchases a brand new one.

Archived