Vaden

Well, heres my 300th post. When I joined this forum I had just gotten back into shooting since my kids were born and the dictator wife hounded me to get rid of my guns and anything else I had that was construed as "dangerous" to children (oh how I miss Jormungandr, the beautiful ball python). I didnt even own a firearm when I joined but I had been out to Arizona and my son got to fire his first firearm at the age of 11. OK, so it wasnt the most enjoyable time for him when old dad put a .40 PX4 Storm in his hands, but once we rented the Kimber Aegis 9mm, he really warmed up to it. Ever since I have gotten both my son and daughter to the range, taught (and continue to) them firearm safety and molded them into pretty competent shooters. I bought my first firearm in over a decade and a half in August and have owned at least a dozen since before settling on whats in my case now. I have followed the fight for CCW here in Illinois, attended IGOLD, written to my legislators and shared the importance of the 2nd amendment and our fight for it here in Illinois to anyone who would listen. I've only officially met 2 people from the boards here in private sales but I feel like i know a lot of you from reading the myriad of interesting topics that pop up every day. We have a great bunch of people here and I'm glad to "know" you all. Keep up the fight, we will win!

And now a few pictures of my family (before I turned them in at one of them Chicago gun turn ins...I did it for the children!!) Crying.%20=-(.gifrolleyes.gif

Family picture

post-3369-133260749745.jpg

American Classic II

post-3369-133260754201.jpg

Beretta 92FS (those fugly wood grips are finally gone!)

post-3369-133260756299.jpg

Because EVERYONE should own a Glock, mine was a G22

post-3369-133260757874.jpg

GSG 1911, the .45 feel without the .45 ammo price

post-3369-13326075953.jpg

Who says a carry gun has to be ugly?

post-3369-133260763963.jpg

My other family

post-3369-133260791401.jpg

There was no need for the dial up warning, brother Vaden. They all loaded up fairly quick due to their REASONABLE size!

But thanks for thinking of me anyway! You're most thoughtful!!

You've got (or had) a very nice collection there! What's the pistol in the middle? (or number 3 in the lineup.)

And I'm glad to hear you were able to bring up the children right - before being forced to turn in your guns!

. . . . The things we do for our children, right?

headbang1.gif

question.png

I might have been like you and given up my guns when I was younger, but I didn't become a gun guy until the kids have grown up some. I would find it difficult to give them up now though.

You need to make your home safe for grandchildren? I'm sure several here would help...anonymously of course.

Eugene

Ok, maybe my sarcasm didnt transfer through, and I have nothing to hide. These are in my current family all tucked safe in a new Plano XL case. If "they" want them...Molon Labe. Now its true the wife still hates my firearms but theres not much she could say or do to make me get rid of them this time.

@ Danielm60660 yes, I kept her around. She still dislikes my girls but I'll get her to the range..one day rolleyes.gif

@Tyguy, I know, the Glock doesnt have a beautiful blue finish or shiny stainless bling but dammit if she isnt one of the most beautiful things on the planet thumbsup.png

Archived