Call to Action 2/15/2019 - Witness Slips Needed! (UPDATED 2/17/2019)

mauserme

UPDATED TO INCLUDE SB201 WILDLIFE LEAD AMMUNITION, proposing to ban the use of traditional ammunition for hunting. While the bill does allow for ISP to provide lead free ammo at no or reduced cost, this provision is not required and is subject to available funding, meaning none.

They're Back, and They Brought Some Friends

Our last alert cast a light on four bills threatening our rights in Illinois, as well as four bills promoting our rights. While these bills had been on the 2/13/2019 committee schedule for possible hearings, committee action is rarely guaranteed. These bills, along with several more, have now been added to the 2/19/2019 schedule to potentially be heard. This process may continue for several weeks.

Please join us this week in filing witness slips on the 12 bills listed below, even if you filed slips before. Each hearing brings the need to assert ourselves again, to protect and promote our rights.

In addition to the original bills we ask for opposition to:

HB1467 FOID – Records- Ammunition Sales, a registry of ammunition sales by type and amount

HB1586 Handgun Ammo – Serialize, and registry of actual rounds sold

We ask your support for:

HB1489 Firearm Registy Prohibition, prohibiting a firearm registry, and

HB1574 Concealed Carry – Expiration, a bill reiterating the need to provide the full term of licensure that was paid for

Please continue to contact your Illinois State House Members regarding these bills, and file the witness slips linked to below.

Remember to log in to your account first, if you have one!

File Witness Slips Now!

Detailed Witness Slip Instructions

In order to avoid completing each field manually, at the top right Log on to your ILGA Dashboard or Create a New Account if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip.

SB201 - Wildlife - Lead Ammunition

Opponent!

A bill to outlaw traditional ammunition

Read More About This Bill

File an OPPONENT Witness Slip

Track the Witness Slip

HB174 Lost & Stolen Firearms – Penalty

OPPONENT!

A bill to make felons of crime victims

Track the Witness Slip

HB888 FOID Social Media Accounts

OPPONENT!

A violation of our 1st, 2nd, 4th & 5th Amendment Rights

Track the Witness Slip

HB892 UUW Firearm Detection
OPPONENT!

A bill to outlaw most modern firearms and parts

Track the Witness Slip

HB899 Firearm Owners ID - Revoke
OPPONENT!

A bill to punish compliance with existing law

Track the Witness Slip

HB1467 FOID Records Ammunition Sales
OPPONENT!

A bill to track ammunition sales

Track the Witness Slip

HB1586 Handgun Ammo Serialize
OPPONENT!

A bill to register ammunition to the purchaser

Track the Witness Slip

HB240 Hunting - Carrying Handguns
PROPONENT!

A bill to allow carry while hunting

File a PROPONENT Witness Slip

Track the Witness Slip

HB274 Conceal Carry - Business License

PROPONENT!

A bill to support businesses that support concealed carry

Track the Witness Slip

HB364 Concealed Carry – Expiration
PROPONENT!

A bill to prevent theft of services by the State of Illinois

Track the Witness Slip

HB885 Concealed Carry Nonresident Military
PROPONENT!

A bill to level the field for all residents of Illinois

Track the Witness Slip

HB1489 Firearm Registry Prohibition
PROPONENT!

A bill to protect gun owners' privacy

Track the Witness Slip

HB1574 Concealed Carry - Expiration
PROPONENT!

A bill to prevent theft of services by the State of Illinois

Track the Witness Slip

SB201 - Wildlife - Lead Ammunition

Opponent!

A bill to outlaw traditional ammunition

Track the Witness Slip

All done.Thanks mauserme.Like the new format.

Thanks. We were hoping it would make things easier.

We're getting late word that these bills probably will be sent to subcommittee this time. That was the word for the last hearing too, and it didn't pan out that way, but we might skip an email alert this time around.

It can't hurt to file slips so if you're in the mood, go right ahead. But if you need a break from these things, this is a good time to take it.

TREMENDOUS JOB Mauserme!!

I can understand just how much has to be done to get the links in. I hope you have a semi-automated procedure that you can copy and paste to make it a bit easier!!

I would make one SMALL suggestion to be added eventually, make the LOGON link quite prominent with BIG letters at the center top of the stack, and the create new account in small letters right underneath it.

-----------old code----------------

In order to avoid completing each field manually, at the top right Log on to your ILGA Dashboard or Create a New Account if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip.

-----------new code----------------

In order to avoid completing each field manually,

at the top right

Log on

Create a New Account

if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip.

------------end of new code-------

OPPONENT!

Track the Witness Slip

I can understand just how much has to be done to get the links in. I hope you have a semi-automated procedure that you can copy and paste to make it a bit easier!!

I would make one SMALL suggestion to be added eventually, make the LOGON link quite prominent with BIG letters at the center top of the stack, and the create new account in small letters right underneath it.

at the top right

Log on

Create a New Account

if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip.

------------end of new code]-------

OPPONENT!

Track the Witness Slip

Make that an, " 'Assault' semi-automated procedure"/

-----------old code----------------

at the top right

Log on

Create a New Account

------------end of new code-------

OPPONENT!

Track the Witness Slip

Filling out the witness slip is easy this way. But it you are reading the "bill" there is a "witness slips" button towards the top, you can see the list of names but how do you get to where you fill out a new one from that page? Very confusing. It would be nice to read their bs proposal, see who's onboard with it and then fill out a slip. I'm registered and I can't figure out how to navagate that mess of a website.

Filling out the witness slip is easy this way. But it you are reading the "bill" there is a "witness slips" button towards the top, you can see the list of names but how do you get to where you fill out a new one from that page? Very confusing. It would be nice to read their bs proposal, see who's onboard with it and then fill out a slip. I'm registered and I can't figure out how to navagate that mess of a website.

There's no direct way from that link to file a slip. You have to go in from GA Dashboard on the ILGA homepage.

The interesting thing about the link you're speaking of is that it shows all of the witness slips filed on the bill, even for hearings that didn't actually occur. Some people think witness slips "get dumped" but, if by "dumped" they mean discarded, they're wrong. Those slips have become part of the legislative record along with the current witness slips.

Archived