Current FOID wait times...

SCARLETfrost

Update from Mike Bost's office.

Got a call this afternoon, they found out that my file had been pulled for a "random" hand background check. She says that the computer pulls names at random for extra scrutiny and unfortunately I was selected. They can't cancel the hand check (sounds like they tried) and it will take another 4 weeks or so before it can be completed. They requested an expedite but didn't seem too confident that it would help.

I'm not happy but at least I have a real status update. Why the ISP person couldn't tell me this I don't know. Nothing earth shattering in it.

She told me to call their office back in a month if I haven't received it and they'll get involved again.

The wait continues :( More time to internet shop but my chances of shotgun hunting this season are looking less and less likely. Hopefully my shoulder will heal up enough for some late bow hunting.

Thanks all,

Berardino

Damn it guys stop depriving yourselves from hunting when this happens! U are perfectly legal to hunt, possess guns, transport and everything else.youre not the one breaking the law the isp is.hoq many times do we have to go over this?besides screw the isp anyway

I'm new to the site, thanks for all of the valuable information this site is a very useful resource. Wanted to add my recent experience. My wallet was stolen so I had to apply for a replacement FOID. I personally mailed application and $10 check on 10.28.13, check was cashed on 11.5.13, received FOID today 12.2.13. 35 days mailbox to mailbox, better than most.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mailed my girlfriends application on Monday 11/4/2013. First time applicant.

Girlfriend received her card in the mail today. 37 days. She hasnt even updated her address with the Secretary of State...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Actually updating her DL is easy. Do it online. Also it doesn't cost $150, 16 hours of training, A digital ID, Java, etc.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few younger family members just mailed their FOID applications today. Two are between 18-21, and the third is over 21. We'll see how long it takes!

All three checks were cashed on the 23rd, so we're 6 days into the official waiting period.

Yeah, I'm curious to see if they're getting them out sooner than before.

Hmmm my girlfriend is talking about applying, first timer. Her sister-in-law just got her FOID and it took 15 days or something like that. Wonder how long it'll take for a first timer who isn't married and doesn't cohabitate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

A few younger family members just mailed their FOID applications today. Two are between 18-21, and the third is over 21. We'll see how long it takes!

All three checks were cashed on the 23rd, so we're 6 days into the official waiting period.

Yeah, I'm curious to see if they're getting them out sooner than before.

The FOIDs came in yesterday. That's a total of 20 days from when the applications were mailed. This is more like it!

EDIT: I just realized I wrote 6 days in instead of 3 days in my earlier post. Just wanted to clear up any confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived