Photo

FOID/FCCL address change problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

I went to change my address tonight, but clicked the "proceed" button thinking that I had to add the new address on the following page.

Apparently not.

Now my address change application is locked up and I can't go back to change the address. The system is now requiring me to pay the $80 fee, but the address hasn't been updated. I don't see a way to correct this. How do I get this taken care of? Both my FOID and FCCL are now in "pending payment" status, whatever that means.

I'm very concerned because I'm worried if this invalidates my FOID and FCCL until it gets cleared, and the website is saying I have 30 days to make the payment before the request is cancelled. Until then, does this mean my FOID and FCCL are no longer active?

Edited by MrTriple, 12 August 2017 - 12:26 AM.

"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#2 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

For an address change, current licenses are valid until new ones are issued. Call the ISP and tell them what happened... they should be able to reset your status. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#3 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:49 AM

Thank you. But let's say I get it unlocked again, am I supposed to change the address right there on the first page where they show my address history? Or on the next page, the payments page? They don't make it clear.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#4 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

That I don't know, as I've not had to change my address. I'd say that anywhere it lets you edit? Edit... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#5 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,430 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

There should be an 'edit' or 'change address' button on your opening page where all your info is listed.

Rather than call - it might be faster to email:

Ask_CCL@isp.state.il.us

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#6 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

Thank you, I'll send them something.

-Hapless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users