Fingerprints

MJB

my bet is a bunch of gun shop are going to invest in the finger print machines and do one shop stops for carry permits applications

And for the most part, they will rue the day they made that decision. The machines are expensive ($10,000 to $20,000 depending on make, model, accessories, etc...). The worst part is that the licensing is a nightmare and the administrative rules are worse. I hold several professional licenses from IDFPR and I didn't have to use a lawyer to help with the application process for any of them except for the Fingerprint Vendor license.

Even after all of that nonsense, it's not very profitable at all when you add in the insurance, training, maintenance agreements, supplies and administration.

I have projected that it will take me until 2019 to break even on that venture. Worst business decision I ever made...

Gun shops would be wise to find a vendor and partner with them to provide on-site live scan fingerprinting on certain days/times, or discounted fingerprinting at the vendor's regular location(s).

I got electronically fingerprinted by Customs & Border Protection a few months back as part of the background investigation for my customs broker license. If CBP has my prints on file, I'm not going to lose sleep about the ISP having them. Glad to see my local PD has the electronic fingerprint capability.

my sheriff said they can't use there live scan cause it's not for the public uses. so i guess i won't get mine done. O'well

Not for public uses? Not for the public that paid for the equipment? What better use (in addition to processing detainees) could there be than keeping the citizenry safe by making sure that no prohibited persons are issued CCW permits? Easy to tell that your sheriff is a bureaucrat at heart. I live in Chicago - no way will all that expensive equipment they bought for the CFP will be used to make life easier on citizens seeking their CCW permits.

my sheriff said they can't use there live scan cause it's not for the public uses. so i guess i won't get mine done. O'well

It's probably within the jail. Constantly bringing people into the jail for non-arrest fingerprints would be a pain in the butt for the jailers and a potential security issue. Plus they would have to update their software and go through the licensing process to do non-arrest fingerprints for profit.

After waiting 5.2 million years what's another 30 days?

I was going to say something along those very same lines.

After many decades of ineffective government in our state, I have come to only expect ineffectiveness and excuses. Not letting me have, what was always mine and continuing to not keep up with their responsibilities. I have come to expect nothing good from our state government. Why should I expect positive change after what we have witnessed in this state for decades.

I'm going to work for a company that requires fingerprinting and background checks for all employees and consultants.

Is there a way I can use these fingerprints for my IL CCP ?

No. New Live Scan prints have to be submitted each time.

Doesn't matter where or when the electronic (or ink) prints are done. They're not like your first aid certificate, which tells whoever needs to know that you know how to do first aid. Fingerprints are done to determine that you are who you claim to be, for the purpose of the whatever identifying procedure you are going through. Security clearance, CCW, professional license, whatever. Just like the police department will take new prints every time you are arrested to confirm identity, so will any licensing authority. If you submit previously taken prints, how do they know they are yours? Just like that little cup you have to fill while someone watches, a new one every time.

Archived