"I'll pay you for the certificate but I don't want to attend the class" - for real.

Craigcelia

Had some guy call me up, said he knows a guy that we did a private class for which he gave the right name so I don't doubt him - he says he already passed "an online qualification" (He took one of those Virginia CCL online classes). He said he just wants to pay me for the cost of the Illinois class without actually attending and asked if I would provide a certificate for him. He said he didn't have time to sit through 16 hours. Sure buddy, no problem....

Sounded like an older italian guy. I really couldn't believe he asked that. Then after telling him we don't operate that way, he asked if we offer a "fast class".

Wow....

Tell him you offer a short class, just heavy on the legal stuff and to show up at a place with a couple of other students you have lined up.....

Who happen to be ISP in civvies.......

Let your imagine take it from there. Call it building bridges with the authorities.

Personally, I have no tolerance for those that think they can just skate by instead of doing it the right way. Rules are rules, even the ones I don't really agree with. And if it is a sting....well it would give them something to talk about in the squad room the next day while watching themselves on youtube.

Craig,

I actually laughed when I read this. My wife's family is 100% off the boat Italian. The dress code at family parties for her side years ago was leisure suits and lots of gold. These days, it's tee shirts and jogging pants, and yeah, still lots of gold. They're awesome, friendly people. It took them a while to accept my Irish(ness) but they came around. Hope you, Kevin and your family's are all doing well man.

Regards

John

Craig,

I actually laughed when I read this. My wife's family is 100% off the boat Italian. The dress code at family parties for her side years ago was leisure suits and lots of gold. These days, it's tee shirts and jogging pants, and yeah, still lots of gold. They're awesome, friendly people. It took them a while to accept my Irish(ness) but they came around. Hope you, Kevin and your family's are all doing well man.

Regards

John

Thank you John!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not just an IL thing. We had a guy in central Texas a few years ago that was his way of doing business - pay his price, get your signed form to send to the state, no class or range time. He got caught when a guy bought one for himself and his wife, and the wife got nervous. She reported it to DPS, and everyone had their licenses revoked. Never heard the final disposition on the crooked instructor.

Another good example of why we need to be diligent and police our own to protect the rights we can exercise.

ISP would know the names of folks you trained because your instructor number is on their certificates. Just because he says he was referred by one of your former students and gives you his name doesn't make it so.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Had some guy call me up, said he knows a guy that we did a private class for which he gave the right name so I don't doubt him - he says he already passed "an online qualification" (He took one of those Virginia CCL online classes). He said he just wants to pay me for the cost of the Illinois class without actually attending and asked if I would provide a certificate for him. He said he didn't have time to sit through 16 hours. Sure buddy, no problem....

Sounded like an older italian guy. I really couldn't believe he asked that. Then after telling him we don't operate that way, he asked if we offer a "fast class".

Wow....

Offer him the "fast class" where you pack all 16 hours of content into 15hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Sign in to receive credit closes 10 minutes before the start of the first session.

Archived