finger printing - 2fer?

Soybomb

Hi all, haven't been active since long before CCW was just a dream in IL. Looking to get my IL license and potentially get a tax stamp to make a SBR as well. I've got a lot of research to do on the SBR side. Anyone know if there's a way to save a few bucks and get prints taken for concealed carry acceleration and to use for the tax stamp at the same time or am I looking at two fees?

Thanks!

Hi all, haven't been active since long before CCW was just a dream in IL. Looking to get my IL license and potentially get a tax stamp to make a SBR as well. I've got a lot of research to do on the SBR side. Anyone know if there's a way to save a few bucks and get prints taken for concealed carry acceleration and to use for the tax stamp at the same time or am I looking at two fees?

Thanks!

Some finger print companies will do print cards, maybe you can get a deal, but the illinois concealed carry license requires digital finger prints IF you choose to get finger printed. Finger prints are optional for Illinois concealed carry license.

One word....

"Brace"...

I was clearing out my dvr and an episode of shooting usa from last year showed this. https://www.rainierarms.com/gear-head-works-tailhook-mod-2-black/

Thinking of replacing my sig brace.

I would hold off on starting the 8-12 month process to register any SBRs right now. As another member said, maybe just get a brace instead.

What you don't want to have happen is you file the paperwork, get approved and then get your stamp just in time for the new Illinois "assault weapon" ban to take effect. The feds aren't gonna give you a refund.

After next week you will know for sure what to do. If JB wins, I personally wouldn't waste my money. We will for sure see a ban on semi auto rifles within a year of him taking office I would suspect.

If Ruaner wins then you can file away. The chances are much better no such legislation gets passed and signed into law.

I heard with E File the tax stamps are getting approved in weeks, not months. This is a very recent development and is secondary information from people I know who recently registered SBR's.

Although you have a very valid point about JB, I don't expect to see the AWB happen instantly. It WILL happen after the next school shooting. "Never let a good tragedy go to waste"

I have never seen a civilian with a SBR. It has been my understanding not fact that our state is a NON-NRA item state. so no SBR, SBS, Suppressor or select fire guns among other items.

This is why I am a big fan of the "Illinois SBR" with the best brace that locks into position and will not pivot, for the least cost.

I have never seen a civilian with a SBR. It has been my understanding not fact that our state is a NON-NRA item state. so no SBR, SBS, Suppressor or select fire guns among other items.

This is why I am a big fan of the "Illinois SBR" with the best brace that locks into position and will not pivot, for the least cost.

SBRs are allowed in Illinois as long as you follow the rules. Main things that come to mind is no ban in your home town and you must have either a C&R license or belong to a reenactment society/club. Otherwise it is a non NFA state i.e. suppressors, full auto etc although AOW in some forms may be permitted.

Thanks!

I don't think so. Fingerprints are taken for specific reasons and that code in buried into the transaction number. A set of fingerprints taken for say driving a truck cannot be used for CCW. I think the same thing will apply here. You will need two sets of fingerprints. I would get the fingerprints for CCW and use that for SBR stamp and see if that works.

Archived