Under review board

tonee667

Thank you so much molly, you have been such a big help since I fisrt joined in october. Without you I would have been so lost and frustrated and not understanding the process. You have been such big help. Im so excited again that this journey is almost over for me. Just a big thank you to you molly and the rest of the members who gave good information to help not only myself out but other ppl as well

• 6 months later...

The whole LEO objection program needs to be removed.

Agreed, however, at the very minimum, they should be required to object, put all pertinent information in the objection at that time, and be held accountable for objections that are deemed frivolous or unsubstantiated. Right now, the objection is just a button Dart can push for his own jollies and political ends.

THIS. Attach civil liability to frivolous objections. I know one Chicago burb objects to applicants with speeding tickets because I know the LEO designated for researching and objecting to applications. He flat out told me he's been told to object to EVERY application when there's ANYTHING attached to the applicant. Even if it's a speeding ticket, 20 year old DUI, whatever. Makes me sick to my stomach that a Chief of Police orders his subordinate to outright deny a right to the people who he serves.

Would that town happen to be Addison??

THIS. Attach civil liability to frivolous objections. I know one Chicago burb objects to applicants with speeding tickets because I know the LEO designated for researching and objecting to applications. He flat out told me he's been told to object to EVERY application when there's ANYTHING attached to the applicant. Even if it's a speeding ticket, 20 year old DUI, whatever. Makes me sick to my stomach that a Chief of Police orders his subordinate to outright deny a right to the people who he serves.

Did they say if they have to object to even more minor violations (such as traffic warnings or parking tickets) as well?

Did they say if they have to object to even more minor violations (such as traffic warnings or parking tickets) as well?

I don't think minor violations are grounds for objecting. Even if they were, I have no traffic violations. We are quiet boring people who don't bother anyone. SMH. :no:

Archived