Gun control idiots in New Jersey railroad a woman, sending her to prison for no actual crime!

ChicagoRonin70

Over a year ago, Meg Fellenbaum was speciously arrested in New Jersey for having her legally owned, permitted (from Pennsylvania) concealed carry handgun locked in her trunk as she drove into NJ to meet her girlfriend. After being treated like an animal, denied basic hygiene necessities in lockup, and the NJ court system stacking the deck against her by not allowing her lawyers access to police records or arrest videos, the anti-firearm idiots running the New Jersey judicial system have essentially coerced her into a plea deal to avoid a 13-year sentence for daring to exercise her Constitutional right to self-protection.

She's going to serve one year in prison, when she did literally nothing wrong.

Here is the link to the web page to lend both support and the information on how to advocate for her to be pardoned by the governor of New Jersey:

Whether you support queer folk or not, this entire situation is a (bad) example of governmental overreach and persecution of an innocent individual who is being victimized by a state literally violating the Constitution to prosecute and persecute her. So, donate and/or add your voice to the effort to get her freed and pardoned.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”― Edmund Burke

Here is a chance to work directly against evil. Take it.

Didn’t this same thing happen to another woman a while back and it got tossed out?

Shaneen Allen was an African-American woman who got pardoned by Chris Christie back in 2015. That's what needs to happen with Meg Fellenbaum's case, which is why people need to donate to her legal defense fund through the NJ2AS and contact Christie to urge him to pardon her.

Here is Christie's contact email start with subject "corrections' then on the next page there is a sub subject of Pardon / Clemency. Email and tell him to pardon her.

Much appreciated! The NJ2AS link neglects to include that; they just have the physical contact information and phone number.

Didn’t this same thing happen to another woman a while back and it got tossed out?

Shaneen Allen was an African-American woman who got pardoned by Chris Christie back in 2015. That's what needs to happen with Meg Fellenbaum's case, which is why people need to donate to her legal defense fund through the NJ2AS and contact Christie to urge him to pardon her.

He conveniently pardoned her right before attempting to run for president. If he doesn't pardon this woman he will go down as even a bigger POS then he already is.

And why didn't she call the 2AF or NRA? This would be a PERFECT case for them!

I'm pretty sure the NRA published press releases on this case. Every gun blog did. I donated when this first hit.

Christy is an awful human being for not taking up the cause in the lame duck months of his reign. He'd rather complain about the new governer posing with his fat a** cutout on the beach after he closed down all the public beaches for funding gaps.

NJ continues to be the cesspit of America. They continue to destroy people's lives who have done nothing wrong. Shaneen's pardon was probably the one good thing that happened b/c of Christie's run for President. He's not a fan of the 2nd amendment, so I really doubt he would treat Meg fairly. He only saved Shaneen so he could appeal to 2a-supporters in the primary...

Guessing she had a bad Attorney.

Without actually being in her shoes, Im thinking I would have fought it all the way and gone for jury nullification.

Certain corruption and corrupt ideology tends to run all the way into the legal system in a state. I doubt the attorney would of mattered. New York and New Jersey are rediculously over the top in the prosecution of these cases. They want to make examples of the most law abiding citizens possible to show that their stupid laws are not to be broken.

There are a ton of cases in these states where people, who everywhere else in the country would be considered legally transporting are breaking the law in New York and New Jersey. By plane or by car.

I don't know how New Jersey is, but if the ammo is in close proximity of the gun, like in the magazine of a TSA approved locked case as soon as you touch that case you are in possession of a loaded gun in New York.

If your flight is ever diverted to New Jersey or New York and you have a legally declared firearm refuse possession of it. Tell the airline to deal with it. As soon as you touch your TSA checked locked box you're now illegally in possession on NY or NJ soil. And they do prosecute to the fullest extent

See Gregg C. Revell v. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for another example.

It is incidents such as this one that have made me decide to NEVER go to any state, or through, any state that does not allow me to lawfully carry my firearm. Same thing with leaving the country. If I ever acquire an absurdly large amount of money, I may hire a ruthless legal team to represent me, and then challenge laws such as these, as preemptively as possible, just for the sake of spitting in the eyes of idiots like the ones who did this. I don't plan on leaving any inheritance to anyone, so I might as well put the money to a good use.

We are seeing case after case of this happening.

Yet nobody calls the NRA or 2AF. And even if nobody did, the 2AF and NRA couldn't contact them or their attorneys? Or show up on their court dates and talk to them? This information is not top secret stuff, easily obtainable from searching case documents.

There's no excuse for these two totalitarian states to have such horrific gun laws. They should have been struck down ages ago.

So, seeing a CC license becomes probable cause to conduct a search?

And it's OK to have an unloaded firearm locked in the trunk? I bet you would still take the ride.

No way would I ever even think about taking a gun to NJ (or NY).

I refuse to even visit those states.

I love it when "state's rights" means "We oppose the Federal Government becoming totalitarian, we want the states to have the right to become totalitarian."

That's pretty much how it was before the 14th Amendment. Before that, and before incorporation, the Bill of Rights only restricted Congress not the states.

The 14th Amendment does more than just restrict Congress...

It gives Congress the power to enact national Law to protect the rights of citizens to freely travel between the various States.

Section five of the Amendment grants Congress âthe power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.â

To quote... âIt (âinterstate travelâ)is âa virtually unconditional personal right, guaranteed by the Constitution to us all,â the Supreme Court said in Sáenz v. Roe (1999). The Sáenz court explained that travelers have the âright to be treated as a welcome visitor rather than an unfriendly alien when temporarily present in the second state.ââ

http://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/366896-congress-should-use-constitutional-power-to-force-states-to-honor

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/01/john-boch/lgbtq-woman-pardoned-following-dubious-new-jersey-gun-conviction/

Christie Cream granted her a pardon. Still rediculous you have to beg for a pardon from the governor for something this punitive.

Yes, I know, isn't that wonderful? But, yes, also stupid that it even was necessary!

Archived