Dilbert, on 13 May 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:
Bud, I have been reading this site for over a year now and tried to develop a balanced opinion/position. I have completely plagiarized the earlier comments into a letter and I will hand deliver it to my representatives’ office. Would you take a moment and review what I compiled for accuracy. I don’t want to miss-state any facts. My goal is to clearly drive home the point. I have spoken to Ms. Mussman several times about this topic with little effect. But no effect doesn't mean I give up. She is going to hear from me again. Since we appear to be close I just want it to be accurate. Thanks.
It might be useful to add a bit of carrot to that rather large stick.
For Example: (I'm doing this off of memory so double check me)
1) With the passage of HB148/5745 every applicant will be subject to additional screening by both the State Police and the FBI.
2) Every applicant will be required to place their fingerprint on file with the State Police.
3) Property owners will have the option to "opt out" and violators will be subject to prosecution.
4) Application fees will be used to update and expand the capability's of the State Police background check system
5) Restrictions will be in place so that people cannot carry guns into government buildings, schools or libraries.
Some of the words were chosen on purpose to appeal to a Reps inherent Nanny State mentality.
Words like "required" in #2 shows we will be controlled.
"Additional screening" in #1, statists love extra screening to exercise a right.
"Subject to prosecution" in #3, let them think we can be thrown into a pit for 1000 years.
Just my opinion, as it were.