Photo

Wait time for CCL at this point?

• Please log in to reply
3492 replies to this topic

#3481 once0217

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

The most irritating part of the whole process is the length of time it takes to go from approved to active when you don't submit prints.

Edited by once0217, 14 November 2017 - 08:14 PM.

#3482 cybermgk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

The most irritating part of the whole process is the length of time it takes to go from approved to active when you don't submit prints.

ODDLY, my application sat at QC verified for a long time.  Then I went and got prints done after the fact, almost 2 months after submission, and MIRACULOUSLY, within a week of prints submitted, I go approved, a week and 5 days more I go active.

So, seems obvious to me, that having prints speed the process up quite a bit.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#3483 once0217

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:44 AM

ODDLY, my application sat at QC verified for a long time.  Then I went and got prints done after the fact, almost 2 months after submission, and MIRACULOUSLY, within a week of prints submitted, I go approved, a week and 5 days more I go active.

Our timelines are pretty similar. You applied 4 days before me, and went Approved 1 day before I did. I don't think prints after you apply have sped up the process. I would like to know when you go active and see the difference there.

#3484 cybermgk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Our timelines are pretty similar. You applied 4 days before me, and went Approved 1 day before I did. I don't think prints after you apply have sped up the process. I would like to know when you go active and see the difference there.

I went active Monday the 13th.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#3485 once0217

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

I went active Monday the 13th.[/quote]

That's awesome. So it seems the timeline with prints is running 30-40 days, w.o. is about 90-100. And with our timelines it knocked about 3 weeks off of your wait.

#3486 Mick G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

I went active Monday the 13th.[/quote]

That's awesome. So it seems the timeline with prints is running 30-40 days, w.o. is about 90-100. And with our timelines it knocked about 3 weeks off of your wait.

"That could get them off somebody's desk. The ISP IMO seems to process the ones with a TCN MUCH faster. No prints and people wait while it says Submitted for weeks or a month, with prints they go to QC Verified within a week. Basically I don't think they are doing additional "checking", they are just making you sweat it out. Hopefully the prints get it moving for you but with no rhyme or reason they have been running 30-45 days with prints and about 90 w/o. My neighbor went through the same thing but a couple of years ago, 4 years in the Marines and no prints submitted. He said it was right at 4 months when he got his permit and the FBI has his prints on file. That's why he didn't do them. Either way I bet you have it hand by the end of the month but the reply to your next Email should be interesting if you reply to the ISPs. Either way good luck, you'll get it soon."

Umm?

#3487 capotwosix

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Applied 33 days ago w/ prints and still sitting at QC_Verified. Does this mean I'm going to receive a "need 30 more days" letter and or put under board review?

If not. Does this mean I've passed the background process and they'll be moving onto the next step soon?

Edited by capotwosix, 16 November 2017 - 11:20 AM.

#3488 cybermgk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Applied 33 days ago w/ prints and still sitting at QC_Verified. Does this mean I'm going to receive a "need 30 more days" letter and or put under board review?

If not. Does this mean I've passed the background process and they'll be moving onto the next step soon?

Not an expert, nor have I played one on any form of entertainment.  But, I have read a lot of this thread.  Seems like, with prints, they basically wait for the 30 day LEO review period, the it can move fast.  It can takes a little bit to start that period.  Your only at day 33, so that 30 day wait may have not finished yet.  Additionally, we are hitting holiday period now, which could slow things a bit.  That was another constant, it seemed, certain time periods went faster than others.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#3489 capotwosix

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

Makes sense. I was hoping to beat the Holiday timing, but it seems I missed it by a week or so.

#3490 brobits

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Applied: 10/10 w/prints
QC_ Verified: 11/9
Approved: 11/13
Active: 11/17
In hand: 

went active today, 4 days after being approved.  expecting the license in the mail sometime next week.  thanks to Molly B for pointing a friend & I in the right direction when our TCNs were denied.  feeling good!

#3491 capotwosix

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:59 PM

Applied: 10/10 w/printsQC_ Verified: 11/9Approved: 11/13Active: 11/17In hand: 

went active today, 4 days after being approved.  expecting the license in the mail sometime next week.  thanks to Molly B for pointing a friend & I in the right direction when our TCNs were denied.  feeling good!

Congrats!

Looks I should have applied 5 days earlier.

Applied: 10/15 w/prints
QC_Verified: 10/29
Approved:
Active:
Inhand:

With all the quick turnarounds I'm seeing on this thread it's making me nervous that I'm being darted.

#3492 GoHawks21

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:49 PM

Applied: 8/21 w/o prints
Not sure when it went qc_veified
Spoke with someone at isp last week, very professional and they stated it shouldnt be too much longer, and there were no objections.
Today is still under review.

If i didnt listen to the so called "expert" at the facility i trained at, i probably would have submitted prints. He told me prints would only make a weeks difference. From what i read here he is not much of an expert.
Lol !!

#3493 Saledo

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Applied 8/15 w/o prints

Went Active 11/17

I missed the other status updates, because I hadn't checked it in like a week.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users