Illinois General Assembly 5/31/2019

mauserme

Are witness slips still open for 1966 in the Senate?

Should be.

Can someone post a link to where we can file a witness slip?

I can find the slips others have filed but it wont let me add my own.

Thanks

No witness slips are available currently as the bill is not scheduled for a committee hearing.

Prior meeting slip links were in the call to action, alert, and GA posts.

Just got an alert from ISRA...

"The bill will remain held in this committee, and the spring legislative session will end at Midnight without passage of this bill in the Illinois Senate"

Just got an alert from ISRA...

"The bill will remain held in this committee, and the spring legislative session will end at Midnight without passage of this bill in the Illinois Senate"

Without going into detail, I wonder why not?

Theory. Senate Dems KNOW this is an unconstitutional bill now. They know it will be challenged/injuncted in court. They also don't want to go on record as voting no, for their bases. In Fall it will need a super majority, which is likely it doesn't happen, thus more face saving OR they simply want to see how current FOID lawsuits pan out.

I think the bill would have generated a lot of backlash... maybe the Senate Dems realized that. There are a ton of FOID holders who are not politically active and probably didn’t even realize this was in the table. Every year during renewals they would have angry constituents discovering that now they have to submit prints to keep their card. It’s something that would still upset people who maybe aren’t always as solid pro 2a as those in this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the bill would have generated a lot of backlash... maybe the Senate Dems realized that. There are a ton of FOID holders who are not politically active and probably didn’t even realize this was in the table. Every year during renewals they would have angry constituents discovering that now they have to submit prints to keep their card. It’s something that would still upset people who maybe aren’t always as solid pro 2a as those in this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention, how would've FTIP checks been affected for people who hadn't uploaded prints yet?

I know some here don't think that witness slips are worthwhile or that phone calls don't make a difference, but I'd like to think that those efforts led to this result. I want to take the opportunity to thank Mauser, Molly and all of the members here for your efforts, I hate to think where Illinois would be without all of you. Thanks for doing what you do!

I know some here don't think that witness slips are worthwhile or that phone calls don't make a difference, but I'd like to think that those efforts led to this result. I want to take the opportunity to thank Mauser, Molly and all of the members here for your efforts, I hate to think where Illinois would be without all of you. Thanks for doing what you do!

I'll 2nd that!!!!

I'll 2nd that!!!!

3rd!.....I barely have the time, sanity, and patience it would require to be as active as you guys.

From what I saw there was an onslaught of calls against this bill. Many Senators were not answering there phones.

do they ever answer?

I'll 2nd that!!!!

3rd!.....I barely have the time, sanity, and patience it would require to be as active as you guys.

4th. They sure as heck don’t hurt!

Did ya catch the lady Rep who pointed out that the MJ bill will allow convicted users to get a FOID?

They are currently able to get a FOID/CCL. They just cant buy any firearms under the new bill. Another case of legislators not knowing what they say...or intentionally mistating fact.

edit...i was speaking to MJ card holders. Not sure about convictions but if they are doing expungements then I would assume so.

Did ya catch the lady Rep who pointed out that the MJ bill will allow convicted users to get a FOID?

I'm not able to listen today. But I am perfectly OK with that. If you believe in gun rights, you cant believe in gun rights for only some.

I also believe the government has no place telling us what we can or can not put in our own bodies.

Senate concurs on SB1139. Amendment makes renewal expiration of CCL 5 yrs from date on card, not when ISP processes. Off to governor for signature.

Hope I get my card before this kicks in or I will now lose time for waiting to renew LOL. edit: I wont lose time on my 5 years but wont get the extra anticipated by renewing later.

Senate concurs on SB1139. Amendment makes renewal expiration of CCL 5 yrs from date on card, not when ISP processes. Off to governor for signature.

Hope I get my card before this kicks in or I will now lose time for waiting to renew LOL

I wish they'd make that retroactive! I lost several months when I renewed in October.

Hope I get my card before this kicks in or I will now lose time for waiting to renew LOL

Explain?
apply early for your renewal and you might lose a month or two of your 5 year license. If the governor signs sb1139, this becomes a non issue.

In Wednesday's House session, SB1966. , Kathleen Willis' infringing "Fix The FOID" bill, passed on a floor vote and went back to the Senate for concurrence on the three amendments.

There was a Senate Judiciary Hearing yesterday but the bill was not called, the amendments were "held in committee".

Today there was a Senate Judiciary Hearing without SB1966 being considered.

The bill will remain held in this committee, and the spring legislative session will end at Midnight without passage of this bill in the Illinois Senate.

Thank you for your efforts during this legislative session, your support was vital in halting this dangerous legislation.

Your ISRA Lobbying Team was there fighting for you, and you did your part supporting the Second Amendment Rights of you and your fellow Illinois Gun Owners.

If you are receiving this alert and are not an ISRA member, please join and help support the fight to keep your 2nd Amendment Rights.

Richard A. Pearson
ISRA Executive Director

Check out ISRA's website at www.isra.org! Tell us what you think!
Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook.

Please Donate to protect your 2nd Amendment rights! Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today!

Archived